Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Grass taking off here, missed my chance at second cut last week, have a few strong paddocks to bale as well. Second cut bulking away mad, pit won't take it all. Wet weather has just come at the wrong time for me here anyway. May have to do a smash and grab with paddocks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Was really warm
    Thunder storm now
    At least 9 long peels of thunder
    Its moving away now out to sea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It looks like it will be mostly late evening and overnight for most and fast moving
    Still 6 hours at 10mm/hr is a lot of rain
    All needed on this part of the east

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭MfMan

Mortelaro wrote: »
    It looks like it will be mostly late evening and overnight for most and fast moving
    Still 6 hours at 10mm/hr is a lot of rain
    All needed on this part of the east

Must be serious drought there. Need it like a hole in the head west of the Shannon. Callow fields flooded here. Over 3 inches in the past week, very large amount in such a short spell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There's a yellow weather warning out now, just saw a post from greysides in the chitchat thread. It's from 7pm to 7am tomorrow for Munster and Leinster.

Wind picking up now and a few quick showers but no great quantities as yet.

Today fm news ; showers in the Midlands, north and east, dry elsewhere......lol. torrential rain down here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Raining nicely here m. Got the straw bales up. Hopefully it’ll rain steadily for 2/3 days. Ground is like iron

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

It's ok lads.....I just got my lawns cut. It can rain away now

Just back from kinsale, torrential rain and 7 or 8 lightning strikes between there and home. Should have moved the feckin heifers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

26mm since 1900 yesterday 6km north of here(weather underground).Lightning is a beautiful blue glow across the sky.Got soaked running in from the car.

MfMan wrote: »
    Must be serious drought there. Need it like a hole in the head west of the Shannon. Callow fields flooded here. Over 3 inches in the past week, very large amount in such a short spell.

Yeah we had none of that
    Very very dry
    Getting it tonight though

I put off spreading yesterday because the forecast was bad. We only got a few mls. Off spreading for the day now.

I put off spreading yesterday because the forecast was bad. We only got a few mls. Off spreading for the day now.

I am beginning to dislike you due to always having the weather I want!

Mooooo wrote: »
    I am beginning to dislike you due to always having the weather I want!

:D

This place has taken off in the last few days. I have cattle in my heaviest ground this week and the dust was rising off it yesterday, same on the roads with dust rising bringing in the cows. Though not this morning thankfully.

An inch of rain here overnight but the ground is as solid as ever
    Its drank
    Wind gusting to 50kmh
    Some drying in it,! it all
    Heres a towpath for example
    Dry and rock solid

Edit file from my phone too big
    Stupid random boards.ie error

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Lashed rain here all night and morning. Also lightening there at around 12 to 2am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

Rivers running down the roads, if we spread fertilisers yesterday it would be in limerick today, that said most of the ground is taking it well.
    Very heavy rain today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,082 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

148multi wrote: »
    Rivers running down the roads, if we spread fertilisers yesterday it would be in limerick today, that said most of the ground is taking it well.
    Very heavy rain today.

Near two inches here in the last twenty four hours,

Raining most of today in east Wicklow
    Big wind with it
    About an extra quarter inch fell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,198 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was at football. Brought my sun glasses and my umbrella to cover all eventualities

Raining

Cool and blustery here atm, a few light showers and a dark sky. Feels more like Winter than Summer now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Heavy showers atm in North Offaly

Cool and blustery here atm, a few light showers and a dark sky. Feels more like Winter than Summer now.

Mornings alot darker now

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭einn32

whelan2 wrote: »

Mornings alot darker now

Lights on in the morning now. Rain stopped now but blustery. Ground starting to turn around here

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Fair drop of rain here atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭High bike

Heaviest rained here in a long time but ground well able to take it

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was at football. Brought my sun glasses and my umbrella to cover all eventualities

You'll be like the royals at Wimbledon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Aravo

lbc2019 wrote:
    Heavy showers atm in North Offaly

Tullamore show may be cancelled.

Advertisement