Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Which religion/church out of curiosity?

I was in Beirut a few years ago and had the option of an Anglican church service on a sunday nearby or a Coptic catholic mass
    I opted for the mass,which was Lebanese
    It's a relation of the catholic church but not Roman,though the pope chooses a cardinal for it
    I'd have liked to have gone to the Anglican service too but one was enough for the day :p
    I'll tell you one thing,the coptics do a lot more hugging than we do...

(P.s few heavy showers here about 10mm since yesterday, delighted,need more!)

Church of Ireland

Just got out of the graveyard now and it's lashing now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

wrangler wrote: »
    Church of Ireland

Just got out of the graveyard now and it's lashing now

Football just over very overcast....lucky it stayed dry penalty shoot out in last game young lad saved 4 out of 5 shots :)

whelan2 wrote: »
    Football just over very overcast....lucky it stayed dry penalty shoot out in last game young lad saved 4 out of 5 shots :)

We've been very lucky, every time we needed rain we got an inch, most of my farm is heavy but the land that I held back from the lease for myself is very sandy. looking like another inch of rain now, well there was half an inch since 5oc. and still pegging it down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

A few spits here again now,dark sky off towards Gorey, 2nd evening of rain for the festival there looks like

A few spits here again now,dark sky off towards Gorey, 2nd evening of rain for the festival there looks like

Bad forecast for the tullamore show next weekend, but too far off yet to be accurate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Bad forecast for the tullamore show next weekend, but too far off yet to be accurate

Hopefully Saturday isn’t too wet, thinking of the Charolais open day in Sligo

A few spits of rain here. Got our prayers said . It can rain away now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭older by the day

Yea right, my prayers would really blight it, don't exactly have a direct line to whoever y'all believe is out there.
    I'm an atheist,......thank god

It's nicer to believe that we,'re children of God, rather than the descendants of apes. Tho there's a few on here that I believe might be

It's nicer to believe that we,'re children of God, rather than the descendants of apes. Tho there's a few on here that I believe might be

Very true :D

Water running down the yard now
    Lashing \0/

• Advertisement

I'd very much respect peoples religious beliefs but realistically we're educated now to explain evolution. I have good friends that were devastated by what the priests and nuns did yet their devotion is to be admired and whatever gets you through is good by me

I'd very much respect peoples religious beliefs but realistically we're educated now to explain evolution. I have good friends that were devastated by what the priests and nuns did yet their devotion is to be admired and whatever gets you through is good by me

Please don't be conflating those crimes with the faith of 99% who did not commit them
    It's a poor excuse to use to disbelieve that something greater than us is out there
    Find a real excuse or at least a valid one,there are plenty, vacuous and all as I as a believer may think it is

Please don't be conflating those crimes with the faith of 99% who did not commit them
    It's a poor excuse to use to disbelieve that something greater than us is out there
    Find a real excuse or at least a valid one,there are plenty, vacuous and all as I as a believer may think it is

People I'm referring to are my age, so haven't lost their faith, just were so disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

He didn't but he should have. The 99% that still support a church that has defended and hidden the rapist of children need to have a good look at themselves.

Lashing rain in Dublin South heaviest for a while, water flowing down the streets.

He didn't but he should have. The 99% that still support a church that has defended and hidden the rapist of children need to have a good look at themselves.
    I dont and I don't think anyone does know of anyone that defends that
    If anything theres a great anger and disappointment
    But it's not a reason to be an atheist
    I'm forever arguing anyway that religions were created by men not God
    They are just simply worshiping associations
    Like all human associations, they're subject to human failings,in this case crimes
    Conflating that with God,plus not understanding the fundamental belief that humans have free will regardless of who they are to commit evil if they are evil and using that as an excuse to ignore a mystery with all its implications for convenience is just folly in my opinion
    Better to deny mystery out of your own disbelief in my opinion
    What created us is a mystery to me that should be respected too,because frankly science hasn't even reached the tiniest of the tiniest of percentile of understanding the universe regardless of the wonderment of what we do know

Lashing rain in Dublin South heaviest for a while, water flowing down the streets.
    All needed,down this way anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭valtra2

Religion. The cause and solution to all of life's problems.

Like all human associations, they're subject to human failings,in this case crimes
    Conflating that with God,plus not understanding the fundamental belief that humans have free will regardless of who they are to commit evil if they are evil and using that as an excuse to ignore a mystery with all its implications for convenience is just folly in my opinion
    What created us is a mystery to me that should be respected too,because frankly science hasn't even reached the tiniest of the tiniest of percentile of understanding the universe regardless of the wonderment of what we do know

Look we're dragging this off topic but I had to correct you.
    It's not why I don't believe, I've never believed
    Always seemed to me like believing in santa claus/fairies.
    That's the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,317 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I believe that religion was invented by mankind as a way of trying to put some meaning on life when there never was any meaning in life in the first place.
    There just is ...

It also gives people something to occupy their time with and feel better about themselves and not be afraid of death.

There was a fierce heavy downpour this evening. Land is getting a bit squishy.

Back to the weather. Raining here now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭older by the day

That looks only fit for an aerobic digester. Any ways , each to his own. It's amazing the bad guys had very posh English accents. Was this an early prediction of a hard brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭kk.man

Decent rain at last😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Look we're dragging this off topic but I had to correct you.
    It's not why I don't believe, I've never believed
    Always seemed to me like believing in santa claus/fairies.
    That's the way it is.

Well, that's you on Santa's naughty list!:pac:

Nice warm humid day here with a light breeze. Grass starting to power on now

Well, that's you on Santa's naughty list!:pac:

Nice warm humid day here with a light breeze. Grass starting to power on now

Was only looking at grass yesterday morning greening up after about 8mm rain here with the sun out
    12mm now,sunny warm circa 19c with a SW breeze
    Isn't it amazing what a sup of moisture can do
    Looks at the moment like the defecit in the SE may be filled with a sub tropical system moving in on Friday

Was only looking at grass yesterday morning greening up after about 8mm rain here with the sun out
    Looks at the moment like the defecit in the SE may be filled with a sub tropical system moving in on Friday

Growth is unreal in the last 24 hrs, soil temp is 18.5 it'll drive on now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Rain in August here is like liquid sunshine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Getting washed out of it here 50mm in last 2 days and it’s bucketing down now. It’s at times like these you really see the importance of having roadways etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A heavy showet earlier this morning. Lovely drying morning now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭cosatron

RedPeppers wrote: »
    Getting washed out of it here 50mm in last 2 days and it’s bucketing down now. It’s at times like these you really see the importance of having roadways etc

it was unreal and its still at it here, got drenched to the hole this morning. we were suppose to start digging out a tank but thankfully the contractor hasn't shown up yet.

• Advertisement

cosatron wrote: »
    it was unreal and its still at it here, got drenched to the hole this morning. we were suppose to start digging out a tank but thankfully the contractor hasn't shown up yet.

Have my tank in and settling :)

Advertisement