Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

sullivlo wrote: »
    Come to Dublin. Go to Bunsen.

You’re welcome. Vegetarians need not apply.
    I'm seconding this. They have a branch in Belfast too and its just a damn good burger with no frills. Nice milkshakes too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I'm seconding this. They have a branch in Belfast too and its just a damn good burger with no frills. Nice milkshakes too.

Double cheese. With everything. Extra sauce. Shoestring fries. Beer.

Best meal ever. None of that fancy muck. Just a proper burger. Want avocado on your burger? Jog off. Not here. They don’t even do bacon on their burger.

The same people have a taco restaurant too. I haven’t been yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

What's the name of the taco place? I just walked passed Bunsen in Temple bar. Closed though :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Pter wrote: »
    What's the name of the taco place? I just walked passed Bunsen in Temple bar. Closed though :(
    http://www.masadublin.com

It’s where Super Ms Sue used to be.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So I'm heading over to Glasgow tomorrow night to see Paul McCartney. This is his setlist from last night in Liverpool. To say that I'm excited is a slight understatement.

I'm not the world's biggest Beatles fan, but that is a mammoth set-list in fairness. He must have played three hours to get all that in - great value for money anyway. Wonder if it was just because it was Liverpool if if it's standard fare at all concerts.

(My favourite Beatles song isn't listed though)
    sullivlo wrote: »
    Come to Dublin. Go to Bunsen.

You’re welcome. Vegetarians need not apply.

:(

BTW, sorta related to Molly's post above.... Strawbs, how are you getting on with listening to the top 500 albums of all time? Your challenge popped in to my head the other day as I was loading my own music on to my new phone.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »

I have nothing against vegetarians. I’m s only that the menu is literally:

Burger
    Double burger
    Cheeseburger
    Double cheeseburger
    Sweet potato fries
    Shoestring fries
    Fries
    Milkshakes

That’s it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah, menu is literally a business card.
    Prefer Wowburger myself but only over nit picky stuff. Meeeeeeeat!

I kinda forgot about the list for a good few months now so I must get back into it. Think I’ll download Spotify though as YouTube become annoying with the long ads.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I kinda forgot about the list for a good few months now so I must get back into it. Think I’ll download Spotify though as YouTube become annoying with the long ads.

:D unless you're paying for premium Spotify you're gonna have the same problems again.

An absolute plague all that advertising crap is.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Free three month trial of YouTube premium. Cuts out all the ads.

And if that doesn't work there is a group sharing thread on boards for YT premium (Spotify too). Cuts the cost down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Set up a "Family" and get Spotify premium for €30 a year.

Edit: Sorry, see Petr mentioned it already. Brain crushing migraine this morning so beware of posts that make no sense to anyone but me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Ok, real life scenario

Last Wednesday a school received a threatening phone call (during school day) saying something along the lines of “I’m gonna shoot the school up”. The school contacts Garda, education dept, etc and carries out risk assessment. The children are kept in school that day and parents are only notified yesterday evening that there had been a prank call.

Loads of parents up in arms about not being told. Personally, I think the school have acted correctly. It’s not an everyday scenario and going by some reactions on social media, mass panic would have happened if they knew about the phone call on the day it happened.

What do you guys think?

I agree with what most the others said. They made the right call. No point in causing mass panic.
    Well done Necro!

How'd you get on MrsF?

Well, it went well, I think!
    It was a relaxed meeting with the CEO, he is a real nice guy. He went over my CV and what I can do and also asked on the technical things that I would need to bring to the table to do a Product Owner job. Next stage will be meeting some folks in Finance and then a "small test" He said to contact him via social media if I needed to ask anything else.

Had hoped to hear today about the next part. They had office party the day after interview and was a PH yesterday. But not going to stress.

Also, had another one the next day, it went good too. Finance related. Really liked the first one though. But I would be happy if I got that one if the other one falls through.
    What’s your usual Christmas Day food?

We start the morning with smoked salmon, scrambled eggs n soda bread.

The main event is
    prawn cocktail
    soup
    Turkey, ham, stuffing, brussell sprouts, mashed carrots and parsnips, mashed potatoes, roasties, pigs in blankets, yorkshire puds, gravy and an entire jar of cranberry sauce.

I’m stuck for what to do for dessert

My Christmas day eating is...

French Toast or Pancakes for Breakfast

Homemade soup and bread for starter
    Turkey wellington with cranberry and sausage stuffing. Make the wellington myself.
    Buttermilk mash and buttermilk mash duchess potatoes. Roasties as well (love spuds)
    Veg (no sprouts)

Dessert will be what I decide nearer the time. Might make a blackforrest gateaux and an apple and rhubarb pie (rhubarb poached in prickly pear liqueur ) Served with ice cream or fresh cream.

So McCartney was ****ing insane. He might be in his seventies but he's still got it. Great rapport with the crowd, played Wonderful christmastime with snow included and almost caused a few heart attacks in the audience with the pyro for Live and Let Die. I spent a large part of the gig with my mouth just open cos i was in awe of the guy. Thats as close as I'll ever get to a Beatles gig and it was worth every stupid penny I spent on it. Once in a lifetime gig for me.

Also sat beside Billy Connelly in the pub afterwards which was unexpected. The poor man is fierce shook looking but was enjoying himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

(My favourite Beatles song isn't listed though)

is it possible your favorite beatles song is a lennon song and not a mc cartney song ;)

Glad you enjoyed it molly, it sounds like it was one that the rest of us all missed out on :(

live and let die is such an awesome song and glad he done it with such madgesty

No frog chorus? :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote: »

Here ya go

giphy.gif

sKeith wrote: »
    is it possible your favorite beatles song is a lennon song and not a mc cartney song ;)

Wasn't actually sure of the answer to that so looked it up. Seems to have been a joint effort but John with the greater half alright.

Having said that, I have seen Paul play it live.

Banjo wrote: »
    No unfortunately but sure we can't have it all.

He did play Being for the benefit of Mr Kite which is a Lennon song so I dont think thats whats stopping him. Well weird to hear that played live. Not a song I'd ever have expected to be in a setlist.

Did you ever say what the song actually is qb?

You sat beside Billy Connolly in the pub?

Billy Connolly?

Billy?

What a night!!!

Yeah he was just minding his own business and no one was bothering him at all. Very strange. I assume he was at the gig too.

• Advertisement

Did you ever say what the song actually is qb?

Nope. It's A Day In The Life. He made a surprise guest appearance at Neil Young in Hyde Park a few years ago and they played it. Neil had been known to close with that in recent times, so hearing him play it wasn't unusual. The surprise happened when Paul joined him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Loughc !!!!!!!

Happy Christmas Eve y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Happy Christmas eve to ye also! Today I will have no patients so it will be the most EPIC paperwork catch uo the world has ever SEEN.

Also, happy Elf Emancipation Day.

Banjo wrote:
    Also, happy Elf Emancipation Day.

Oh God this! The other toys also go back to their inanimate state for another 11 months :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Christmas eve is basically Christmas day where I am, the locals have their feast and give gifts this evening!

Tomorrow would be more like boxing day.

Happy Christmas Eve people!

This time last year I was basking in 40 degree heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Happy Christmas Eve y'all. I'll be out visiting family today because my brothers are lazy sods and I'd never see my niece and nephews otherwise :D
    Finished all my wrapping and ready to go for tomorrow. May enjoy a hot port or two this evening.
    Hope Santa brings everything ye want!

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Christmas eve is basically Christmas day where I am, the locals have their feast and give gifts this evening!

Tomorrow would be more like boxing day.

:mad:

Advertisement