Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Glasgow Warriors.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

Hagz wrote: »
    Is this real life?

No its a nightmare, your actually wrong about something.

coco1981 wrote: »
    Your posts are nonsensical
    Hagz clearly said that a non held player was entitled to get up but you argued that he was wrong as you often see non held players get up

Are you trying to be annoying? He's wrong stop crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

No its a nightmare, your actually wrong about something.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not trolling, but I suggest you go review the posts and you might see why I'm questioning if this is for real.

I said a player can get back up on their feet and you told me I'm wrong because players get back up on their feet.

I mean.......can I spell it out any clearer?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Akrasia wrote: »
    So when I said a player has to either >get up<, pass or release the ball I was wrong, because you regularly see players get back up?

Gotcha.
    Zebo wasn't held, and he hadn't stopped moving at any point before he touched the ball down. If he had been stopped and he then moved himself forward, that would have been a double movement.

He didn't place the ball on or beyond the line though. He placed it before the line and then rolled it forward. THAT was the double movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Are you trying to be annoying? He's wrong stop crying.

Judgement call to be made here, trolling or just a bit .......slow

• Advertisement

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not trolling, but I suggest you go review the posts and you might see why I'm questioning if this is for real.

I said a player can get back up on their feet and you told me I'm wrong because players get back up on their feet.

I mean.......can I spell it out any clearer?

So explain clearly why the try shouldnt have been awarded so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

So explain clearly why the try shouldnt have been awarded so?

What try? When was I discussing a try? My post was never about any specific moment at all.

Judgement call to be made here, trolling or just a bit .......slow

So now your throwing insults, how mature of you. Not agreeing with someone makes them a troll apparently.

What try? When was I discussing a try?

Lol and people say I'm trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

So now your throwing insults, how mature of you. Not agreeing with someone makes them a troll apparently.

Not trying to insult, go back and review what hagz said and how you have interpreted it. You are clearly wrong

• Advertisement

Not trying to insult, go back and review what hagz said and how you have interpreted it. You are clearly wrong

I really think,
    Going on past experience,
    Now is a good time to remind people
    Of a fabulous feature
    Readily available to
    Every poster......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

molloyjh wrote: »
    He didn't place the ball on or beyond the line though. He placed it before the line and then rolled it forward. THAT was the double movement.

I did not notice that. I'll look at it again and watch out for that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

On a side note, a completely shallow one at that, Munster's European jersey this season is nooooice.

I did not notice that. I'll look at it again and watch out for that.

And look I don't want to be crapping on the result either here. It was exactly what it should have been, and I'm delighted for Munster. I really hope this is the start of something for them. That it gives them the confidence they need going forward. And Ireland will be better off with 4 strong provinces. Imagine where the national team could be if Munster kicked on from this given Connacht form, Leinsters emerging form and Ulsters stupidly talented backs.....

And look I don't want to be crapping on the result either here. It was exactly what it should have been, and I'm delighted for Munster. I really hope this is the start of something for them. That it gives them the confidence they need going forward. And Ireland will be better off with 4 strong provinces. Imagine where the national team could be if Munster kicked on from this given Connacht form, Leinsters emerging form and Ulsters stupidly talented backs.....

Stop it, you're making me think we'll beat the all blacks in November ☺

Stop it, you're making me think we'll beat the all blacks in November

Twice.

Twice.

Just mortgaging my house to buy plane tickets to America.....

Just watching the game again on YouTube and I kind of feel sorry for Glasgow. Their prep was disturbed too, and they met munster at home on the worst possible day for them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I didn't cry at my own birth, wedding or funeral, but I'm crying now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

mansize wrote: »
    Yeah, the same. I put my Ireland flag on the memorial

Ha, ditto, I left my Munster scarf, that has been all over Europe with me, there too:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I didn't cry at my own birth, wedding or funeral, but I'm crying now

That picture of his son is heartbreaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Just mortgaging my house to buy plane tickets to America.....

I backed Munster heavily @ -4, sometimes there is free money on the table. They then moved it out to -5, not enough, just not enough my friends. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

As a neutral, today was spectacular, an incredible tribute followed by a fantastic game, finished with Anthony's sons in the huddle.

A day I'll not forget

BTW my moment of the match was keatley getting between the posts I was delighted for him and wondered if he was the player Olive referenced

Regardless on the day, he played until the bell rang, like a man, as did all the players did.

A proud day in sport

Stheno wrote: »
    BTW my moment of the match was keatley getting between the posts I was delighted for him and wondered if he was the player Olive referenced

He was very emotional during the minutes silence. I know they all were but he was viably so, and again at the end.

Can't remember if it was on here or on the match coverage but somebody mentioned today that Foley had had a lot of faith in Keatley.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

How was Keatley referenced by Olive?

CatFromHue wrote: »
    How was Keatley referenced by Olive?

We don't know it was Keatley. She mentioned something at the funeral about getting a letter from one of the Munster players outlining how important Foley had been to him and in particular when he, the player, was going through a very dark time due to injury. My first thought was POM but she didn't name anyone so it's all guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

We don't know it was Keatley. She mentioned something at the funeral about getting a letter from one of the Munster players outlining how important Foley had been to him and in particular when he, the player, was going through a very dark time due to injury. My first thought was POM but she didn't name anyone so it's all guesswork.

Here is the text of what the player said:
    "Olive, I just wanted to text you to let you know that Axel was special. He was the heart and soul of Munster. I worshipped him as a player for ten years and then had the privilege of having him as a coach. I owe him so much.
    “I was in a really dark place during a long injury; I was horrible to the people I loved, and I had all but given up several times. But, Axel never lost faith in me. He always check in with me, and he always supported me, even though I was pretty much a lost cause, and he had a million different other things going on.
    “He loved you and the boys so much and I'm sorry for your loss, but I hope you know that Munster is your extended family and we are here with you at your time of loss. Axel meant a huge deal to me and I will miss him so much.”

I thought possibly Donnacha Ryan as there were loads of setbacks with him.

I also remember Axel defending Tyler when people were wondering why Munster were being so patient with him:
    Tyler Bleyendaal is not a piece of meat. The Cabtabrian is, however, a professional rugby player with a serious neck injury.
    Last night Munster coach Anthony Foley was at pains to highlight the human aspect of this situation, but the 24-year-old’s proposed move to Ireland on a three-year contract remains shrouded in doubt.
    “We as a club need to look after the player and it’s not a piece of meat we are dealing with,” said Foley.
    “It’s a human being, so there is a human side to this that we need to manage, and that is what Munster is about, it’s about the people. If a player has committed to us in terms of contract we need to make sure we are looking after this player as well.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

We will never know who it was, and it's none of our business.

What did resonate with me about Olive's eulogy was her reference to the last two years being very difficult and stressful, and that there were dark days. It is very very easy for us sitting here in our living rooms, with the tv zapper in one hand and the internet device in the other, to dole out criticisms of players and coaches, particularly on match day. I was a critic of Anthony, and other coaches (like the last Leinster coach, for example), and I often penned my criticisms here. I have no idea what it must be like to coach any rugby team, but these guys are doing their absolute best to get success for their teams - the same would go for players . I am entitled to state my opinion, but I now feel ashamed of some of my comments, which I would think were cheap shots at these guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement