Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Glasgow Warriors.

Options
  • 22-10-2016 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Thomond Park, Kick off 1PM. Live on Sky Sports 3 HD from 12:30PM
    XcPvEy_N.jpgglasgowwarriors.png

Munster 15 Simon Zebo 14 Darren Sweetnam 13 Jaco Taute 12 Rory Scannell 11 Keith Earls 10 Tyler Bleyendaal 9 Conor Murray

1 Dave Kilcoyne 2 Niall Scannell 3 John Ryan 4 Donnacha Ryan 5 Billy Holland 6 Peter O'Mahony 7 Tommy O'Donnell 24 CJ Stander

Replacements 16 Duncan Casey 17 Brian Scott 18 Stephen Archer 19 Robin Copeland 20 Jack O'Donoghue 21 Duncan Williams 22 Ian Keatley 23 Ronan O'Mahony

Glasgow 15 Stuart Hogg 14 Sean Lamont 13 Alex Dunbar 12 Sam Johnson 11 Rory Hughes 10 Finn Russell 9 Henry Pyrgos

1 Gordon Reid 2 Fraser Brown 3 Zander Fagerson 4 Tim Swinson 5 Jonny Gray 6 Rob Harley 7 Ryan Wilson 8 Josh Strauss

Replacments 16 Pat MacArthur 17 Alex Allan 18 Sila Puafisi 19 Lewis Wynne 20 Simone Favaro 21 Ali Price 22 Mark Bennett 23 Peter Murchie

Analysis. This is a game which is like no other. Given the week that has been as it will be all about one man and rightly so. Munster have lost an icon of the game; so too have we all and tomorrow is when he will be remembered where he made himself known to us all.
    image.jpg

Anthony Foley was a player of a different era. A man who's international career stretches back to when wages weren't a part of the game. He was the last Irish amateur player to score on his debut. (Above); he was a man who was there when inter pro games were almost cancelled and a man who was there when it was Shannon who nearly got called into the Heineken Cup and not the province after their dominance of the AIL.
    Warriors.png

And yet he saw it all. Success for Shannon for years and years on the trot; success in Europe, the leader of a dominant pack, a man who scared even the Kiwis on the field of play and yet he was still a man who went back to Shannon, Killaloe and to his wife and sons, no more equal a man or woman than you or I or the man or woman who fills up the water bottles for the Mini's of a weekend morning. Tomorrow sees a game in which he is remembered by his own kind; rugby people and for what he did for us all and not for who he was.
    PANews_P-c962f4f4-1a25-43f3-92ce-8414e05011c4_I1.jpg

If you are a rugby person then pull up a chair and take this one in on TV or on radio. What will take place just shy of 1PM will be special, truly special. Members of Shannon RFC and St. Munchin's will form a guard of honour while Munster fans will have their own tribute on the day. All in all, tomorrow will warm your heart even if it will hurt your eyes. But you will definitely want to be there in some shape or form, make no mistake about that.

As for the game, Munster field a strong line up all told. Keith Earls returns after a concussion exile while... Do ya know what. It matters not what the score is. Tomorrow is all about love.

We love you, Axel, we love you. May you rest in a rich and peaceful peace.

2016-10-18_new_25581860_I1.JPG

PS, and let it be sang tomorrow....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Well done, write up is a credit to you

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

As a cork man who has recently returned to live in Cork after 16 wonderful years living in Limerick , with many many wonderful memories from thomond park today is in many ways a strange day to be returning to limerick. All the more with the loss of our leader axel. Let's all stand together today to show we are a family, yes a family in mourning but a family that will get through the worst of times together. Let's make thomond roar again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

On the bus down now - feeling the tingling of anticipation of what will hopefully be a day in salute of one of Munster's greatest giants

• Registered Users Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭phog

Munster have Axel embroidered on their jersey, under the crest.

Also worth noting there are no tickets available at the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Jersey on, vocal cords warmed up and tissues in the pocket. Going to be one emotional game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Turnstiles are open, was supposed to be 11.30 bit we just got in. Crowd building inside already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Munster are going to batter the living **** out of Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Any live radio coverage of the game on anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

LowOdour wrote: »

RTE radio 1 I think from 12:45pm today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

LowOdour wrote: »

Live 95fm

with good'ol Len is it a try is it a try Dineen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Anyone worried that the week might get to the team and they might boil over and under perform ?

Serious concern of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

Sport never makes me cry but that montage really pushed me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭budhabob

Shelflife wrote: »
    Anyone worried that the week might get to the team and they might boil over and under perform ?

Serious concern of mine.

To be honest im not worried about the game. I think the game is effectively therapy for the team, as long as they do themselves justice result is immaterial.

How are quinlan and galway gonna keep it together.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Shelflife wrote: »

Serious concern of mine.

It's hard to know. I know there are tributes planned before the game and hopefully they don't take the players out of focus too much just before the game. I don't think many will criticise the players if they don't play well. I mean it's a fairly unique situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Best of luck today Munster. The other 3 provinces stand with you today.

Make Axel proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

The game today is irrelevant as today is about remembering Axel, but the game is important for March/April.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Would maybe be nice to hear The Fields from all the provinces this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Great rendition of the fields. You knew the supporters would get this right. Fair play and best of luck today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

hope its played in the right spirit, no punch ups

• Site Banned Posts: 19 Bigby

Have to say Sky have been absolutely brilliant throughout this. They have been hugely respectful and classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Haha Galway said to Bull at the grave yesterday when Bull dies that they'll cremate him because they'll never be able to lift him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Top class from Sky today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭TeoReid

very glad that this game is on Sky instead of BT

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

This is class from Sky. And it is class from Munster. Seems to be incredible down there in Thomond.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Munster by 20 if the pre match is anything to go by. Inspiring stuff to put together in such a short space of time under such circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Glasgow body language seemed to suggest they were struggling.
    Munster look determined.

Maybe just me wishful thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Regardless of the result the Munster lads have my eternal respect for playing today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Listening on the radio here, hairs standing on the back of my neck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement