Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Ryder Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great putt from Poulter. 3 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭sydneygolfdude

SlickRic wrote: »
    Rory is nothing if not entertaining. Blimey.

that's the frustrating thing about him, i don't think anyone else on the European team would have pulled that shot off...

Great putt from Poulter. 3 up.

You missed Rory's shot i suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lads what's gone on? Long meeting there and this is mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Rose shouting fore and the ball proceeds to land on the green. haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I bet Poulter promised Rory he'd hole it if Rory got it on the green. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Could be the best birdie of the weekend.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1045687439501787136

qwabercd wrote: »
    He has actually been better than normal this year. Finished 85th in strokes gained putting on the pgatour. Was 141th in 2017 (2016: 135th, 2014: 41st, 2013: 118th).

He has had very few good putting tournaments, and between different putters, grips types going back and forth from using aim point or not. He has definetly been trying to find something especially in the 2nd half of the season.

Hes had some really good sundays putting when not in contention but id still say he struggled maybe very inconsistent would be better to describe it

He has had very few good putting tournaments, and between different putters, grips types going back and forth from using aim point or not. He has definetly been trying to find something especially in the 2nd half of the season.

Hes had some really good sundays putting when not in contention but id still say he struggled maybe very inconsistent would be better to describe it

Indeed. He putts better when not under pressure like most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

He's always been an inconsistent putter. Even from following him on the amateur scene he was always prone to very poor putting days.

It's his wedge play that has let him down most this year. He hasn't been quite as dominant off the tee either (still been very good, but not as good).

• Advertisement

Bryson having a mare there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Early dinner likely for Garcia and Noren! Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Europe are guaranteed a point now so from the afternoon foresomes :D

The score makes little difference in match play. If your opponent is in trouble then you play safe . You just have to win the hole and if a 5 will do then play for it and take no risks. Can't believe the commentators are even mentioning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Fvcking crowd is annoying as bejasus... 'Yoo-u-up'and 'get in the hole'.... FFS lads shut fvcking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Some idiots in the crowd

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Some idiots in the crowd

Yep. It's worse when it's in the US though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

First blood Europe. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Glad for JR after this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Be very disappointing not to take 4 points from this position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any particular reason for the turnaround? Do Europe generally do better in foursomes?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Any particular reason for the turnaround? Do Europe generally do better in foursomes?

I think so as it's more of a team game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Easy to say now but a very good day for Björn I think. Some criticism of his morning pairs but I think they were genuinely unlucky in the 4balls and all his afternoon pairings made sense, Rose back with Stenson, Sergio-Noren and keeping Mol-Tommy. Keeping Rory and benching Casey was questionable, but if that was a gamble it has paid off. Looks a partnership worth keeping and Casey can still play twice tomorrow so no harm done there you’d think.

All in all a solid 8/10 for the skip id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I think a bit of nerves this morning, reality check in the Fourballs, finished on a bit of a high thanks to Tommy and Frankie which helped them shake it off in the team room, a few slaps around the chops in the team room then excellent big game pairings named for this afternoon. JR showing them how...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Postman delivers again

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

4 /3 now. Good win for poults and Rory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Great turnaround for Poults and Rory after being 2 down early.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Poulters record is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

Badger2009 wrote: »
    I would put Mcilroy and poulter together. I don't think the leader/senior type role suits him. Poulter might spark something in him.

There's no way he won't play this afternoon regardless.

:):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Can't help but feel a tad pity for the fans on the last 3 holes this afternoon, won't be seeing any live action at all 😂...

Advertisement