Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyranny

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

What I and a few others here on boards have mentioned is that the pacing is quite poor towards the second half of the game. Feels like the game may have been rushed towards the end or is unfinished, or they had to cut some content along the line. One of the better "new" IsoRPGs in regards to how choices influence and impact that game, but im holding off on my second playthrough in the hopes that the game gets some update or DLC to flesh the whole thing about abit more. But sadly i don't think its coming, or even DLC or a sequel for that matter as i feel this game wasn't as popular as it should have been. Hopefully Obsidian incorporate some of the better elements of Tyranny into Pillars of Eternity II.

If you do start a second playthrough i recommend playing as a caster. There are so many options in the spells and SO much customization is a joy to use. Half hoping PoE2 uses the same spell casting mechanic but i doubt its gonna happen

Yeah, I'd agree regarding the pacing. It felt like there was a lot more there that was removed.

Regarding DLC, I'd be more hopeful. This popped up on the subreddit there during the week.

"Obsidian currently has four games in development: Pillars of Eternity II; Tyranny DLC; Pathfinder: Adventures; and an unannounced title with a major publisher. "

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1658966/000121390017002557/f1apos5_figpublishing.htm

Here's hoping, because I really really enjoyed it. Disappointing that sales aren't as good as they probably should have been. I've been recommending it around to my circle, so we'll see what they think of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I heard almost nothing about Tyranny. I don't know if that is due to low advertising budget or what, but it never made the waves that PoE or Torment did.

It has its flaws, but it was actually my favourite out of those three isometric rpgs we've had lately. PoE was a fragmented, unoriginal mess with really bad writing at times. I managed to enjoy it overall, a bit, but I have no affection for it in my memory. Torment left me feeling a bit better about it, but it, too, just seemed to land a little off the mark despite all of its strengths. Tyranny, by contrast, had a whole bunch of flaws, especially the pacing, yet I think of it really positively when I think back on it. The whole Kyros/Edict/invasion story was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

A new lite DLC pack was released today that adds some random encounters as well as some more companion dialogue for 7 Euro.....:confused:

An expansion back is going to release sometime in November that will add a new region among other things. After all DLC is released the game might finally be worth a second run through

Advertisement