Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Paddy1404

You only need to show proof of drawdown if you are self building and not buying a new build from the developer... Is the builder looking for the deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

CramCycle wrote: »
    MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Revenue looking for P60 details/figures for 2017 which I don't know.

What did you fill in for these?

If your a PAYE employee, and you have only been employed by one employer in 2017, most of the numbers, if not all should be on your last paycheque for the year.

Currently submitted a Form 12 with the figures from my Dec payslip (and carefully comparing 2016 Dec payslip with 2016 P60 to make sure the 2017 figures were the right ones) as my company won't issue P60s until the last moment. Will update on the progress when I have some news.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Currently submitted a Form 12 with the figures from my Dec payslip (and carefully comparing 2016 Dec payslip with 2016 P60 to make sure the 2017 figures were the right ones) as my company won't issue P60s until the last moment. Will update on the progress when I have some news.

Should your gross annual income be the same as income for USC?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jeffy17

Most often it's not

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Aaron15 wrote: »
    Should your gross annual income be the same as income for USC?

Mine was. P21 came back today and HTB fully approved with 2017's PAYE in there.

Delighted

• Advertisement

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Mine was. P21 came back today and HTB fully approved with 2017's PAYE in there.

Delighted

Congratulations, sending mine off now hopefully the same result

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

Anyone having technical issues with the HTB group application form today?

I can only get to the 'Add' group member stage, but after I fill in my partner's details on the form (Name + PPS) and hit 'Save' nothing happens at all.

We just got his Revenue account set up today, perhaps that's a factor?

I've tried in Firefox and Chrome. He also logged into his account and when he clicks on HTB link it just gives him an error.

I'll call Revenue tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has found this issue and a way around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Hi All, I’m wondering if you can help. I have a query for a friend who is purchasing a house I know he can select a maximum of 4 tax years but if he had no income in tax year 2016 can he still use 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017?
    He is unable to file 2016 p21 as he had no income. It also says that he doesn’t have tax clearance because of this missing p21.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

louise1985 wrote: »
    Hi All, I’m wondering if you can help. I have a query for a friend who is purchasing a house I know he can select a maximum of 4 tax years but if he had no income in tax year 2016 can he still use 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017?
    He is unable to file 2016 p21 as he had no income. It also says that he doesn’t have tax clearance because of this missing p21.

Thanks

It's the last four tax years. He could only use 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.

Howya, I've been approved for the help to buy, I've just to verify now, do I upload the signed contracts or di the builders? Do I get them to send me on the contracts in a pdf and upload them myself? Little bit confused about the situation if anyone can help, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 lynchyt

Howya, I've been approved for the help to buy, I've just to verify now, do I upload the signed contracts or di the builders? Do I get them to send me on the contracts in a pdf and upload them myself? Little bit confused about the situation if anyone can help, cheers
    Hi,
    You will need to upload the signed contracts and letter of loan offer yourself.
    I had my solicitor send me a pdf of the signed contract and uploaded them that way.
    You will have to answer a few q's on the property and once submitted, your part is done and it is then up to the builder to claim the payment.
    Hopefully all goes smoothly from here on

lynchyt wrote: »
    Hi,
    You will need to upload the signed contracts and letter of loan offer yourself.
    I had my solicitor send me a pdf of the signed contract and uploaded them that way.
    You will have to answer a few q's on the property and once submitted, your part is done and it is then up to the builder to claim the payment.
    Hopefully all goes smoothly from here on
    Quotations on the property? Can I have an example? Sorry I'm just questioning myself here 😳😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lynchyt

Quotations on the property? Can I have an example? Sorry I'm just questioning myself here ����

Sorry i should have specified, by "q" i meant questions, property price, type etc from what i can remember.
    Nothing that wouldn't be in your contract really, it's fairly straightforward

lynchyt wrote: »
    Sorry i should have specified, by "q" i meant questions, property price, type etc from what i can remember.
    Nothing that wouldn't be in your contract really, it's fairly straightforward

Ok thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

Thanks

You can only select the last 4 years, however, you don't have to select all 4. You can select minimum 1 and maximum 4, so I suggest just ticking the boxes for 2014, 2015 and 2017.

He'll have to make sure he has his Form12's done (online on MyAccount) for each of those years, so he'll need his P60 for 2016 in order to complete the 2017 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pixiedoodle

Apologies if this has already been asked!

Myself and my partner have had our application approved for the HTB. We have our name down on a new build and our EA is now looking for our claim codes so the builder can avail of the refund. However, to make the claim we need our Mortgage Letter of Offer. Currently we just have our Approval in Principle, as our house is not due to be built for at least another 8 months our bank has advised us to hold off on having our letter of offer issued as this will only last 6 months before it expires. If the house isn't finished in 6 months we will have to go back through the mortgage application process all over again. Obviously it's in ours and the banks interest not to have to go through this rigmarole again.

So I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue/has any suggestions for a solution?

Many thanks

You don't need to make a claim to get your codes.
    Go into MyAccount on revenue.ie and click into My Enquiries -
    there should be two emails there from revenue one with an Application Code and the other with an Access Code. This is all they are looking for -
    hope this helps!

The builder won't be able to get their money until you make the claim in a few months like you say, but they need the HTB codes to prepare contracts etc.

Myself and my partner have had our application approved for the HTB. We have our name down on a new build and our EA is now looking for our claim codes so the builder can avail of the refund. However, to make the claim we need our Mortgage Letter of Offer. Currently we just have our Approval in Principle, as our house is not due to be built for at least another 8 months our bank has advised us to hold off on having our letter of offer issued as this will only last 6 months before it expires. If the house isn't finished in 6 months we will have to go back through the mortgage application process all over again. Obviously it's in ours and the banks interest not to have to go through this rigmarole again.

So I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue/has any suggestions for a solution?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pixiedoodle

sdssarah wrote: »
    You don't need to make a claim to get your codes.
    Go into MyAccount on revenue.ie and click into My Enquiries -
    there should be two emails there from revenue one with an Application Code and the other with an Access Code. This is all they are looking for -
    hope this helps!

The builder won't be able to get their money until you make the claim in a few months like you say, but they need the HTB codes to prepare contracts etc.

Thanks Sarah. We have already given our application and access codes over but the EA came back to us looking for us to upload the necessary claim documents so that they could take the application further. So I'm presuming now that we just have to request that they put things on hold until closer to the completion date?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭acdublin

Hi everyone, I'd love some help on our situation...

We got approved for HTB way back in June and signed contracts soon after with an approved developer. I furnished him with our HTB details. I was under the impression (stupidly, it turns out) that the developer or our solicitor would tell us what to do wrt HTB but no one did and we are due to sign off completely in the next week or so without getting to stage 2 of help to buy. It seems our problem is that we paid the full 10% deposit ourselves so the developer presumed we weren't pursuing Help To Buy.
    Some questions that I'd really appreciate help with:

- As we've entered a new year, do we need to start at the very beginning of HTB again?
    - Where should I (should I have!) uploaded our signed contract? Is the link on ROS? I use ROS, my wife uses MyAccount. I put something up on her general inquiries page but I'm sure that's wrong.
    - Does anyone have a number to talk to someone in HTB in Fingal?
    - As I'm self-assessed I have no tax paid for 2017. Are my four countable years, 2013-2017 or are they 2014 - 2018?
    - Is there any chance we're completely screwed in this situation?!

Thanks, ac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Thanks Sarah. We have already given our application and access codes over but the EA came back to us looking for us to upload the necessary claim documents so that they could take the application further. So I'm presuming now that we just have to request that they put things on hold until closer to the completion date?

from what i gather you have been approved for the scheme but not yet approved for money to be released to developer, which is the final stage of the process.

you will need your contracts (signed or not has had differing requirements from what i’ve read here), and you will also need your official letter of offer, AIP will not suffice. Get the official letter of offer, it will expire in six months but getting a new one is relatively trouble free provided your circumstances haven’t changed. The bank may waive it altogether and issue a new offer or they may request recent payslips, it is at their discretion. You will not have to reapply as you did initially. Speak to the bank and ask them for as much as what I have said in writing, email etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭<bert>

Hi.

My partner and I we're approved for the help to buy scheme. When we view the application on our respective ros online accounts were have different rebate amounts. Is the total my rebate plus my partners added together? The application numbers are the same so I would have expected the same number.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

wrote:
    My partner and I we're approved for the help to buy scheme. When we view the application on our respective ros online accounts were have different rebate amounts. Is the total my rebate plus my partners added together? The application numbers are the same so I would have expected the same number. Thanks

Yeah add together for your full amount

Many thanks

Hi, which bank are you taking your mortgage out with? We're in a similar situation, we went with BOI, and they said that once a property has been identified before you apply you get 12 months approval instead of the standard 6. In order to get your claim number from revenue you will have to upload signed contracts and your full offer letter signed by you and who ever else is on the mortgage. Hope all goes well, it's complicated but worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Hi is this scheme still available to first time buyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

dar100 wrote: »
    Hi is this scheme still available to first time buyer?

Yes for new builds;
    Who can claim the Help to Buy (HTB) incentive?
    To claim HTB, you must:

be a first-time buyer
    buy or build a new property between 19 July 2016 and 31 December 2019
    live in the property as your main home for five years after you buy or build it
    be tax compliant, if you are self assessed you must also have tax clearance.

GingerLily wrote: »
    Yes for new builds;
    Who can claim the Help to Buy (HTB) incentive?
    To claim HTB, you must:

be a first-time buyer
    buy or build a new property between 19 July 2016 and 31 December 2019
    live in the property as your main home for five years after you buy or build it
    be tax compliant, if you are self assessed you must also have tax clearance.

Thank you,

A question if anyone can answer it? I own a house, bought before I met my wife, who moved in couple years ago, can she now qualify for this if she is too go for it?

Thank you,

A question if anyone can answer it? I own a house, bought before I met my wife, who moved in couple years ago, can she now qualify for this if she is too go for it?

Technically I believe she is a first time buyer so she can qualify but you cannot be on the deeds or mortgage and your income then can't be taken into consideration.

Technically I believe she is a first time buyer so she can qualify but you cannot be on the deeds or mortgage and your income then can't be taken into consideration.

That's what I was thinking thanks for the conformation

That's what I was thinking thanks for the conformation

I don't think any bank will give your wife a mortgage though if your married. I'd be very surprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 tigerbanana

Thanks

Louise

Had a similar issue with my OH not having income in one year. I was able to file Form12 but not p21 (as there was no income in the year). It was not fixable without the revenue overriding something in their system. I went to revenue and queued for a while and eventually the guy said he didn’t know what to do and after me saying I can’t leave until it’s fixed he called someone who did know. He thought it strange that I could get submit Form12 with no p21. Nothing happened for a few days but then I called again by phone this time and it was fixed in about 20 mins (even though they said it would take 24 hours to register the override in the system).

Advertisement