Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's the Michelle Keegan/ Kardashian/ Jenner effect- the girls get into their late teens, 20s, and then butcher their faces. Bloody tragic.
    The woman who ages naturally is always beautfiul.
    The plastic 'not-so-fantastic' women are just...horrible.

Especially when it is technically still in 'beta'.

I can not remember which comedian, but somebody used have a part of their routine talking about Plastic Surgery, and being the guinea pig. It is not a perfected practice and nobody knows how you will look after it has been performed on you before it is done. Add to that, in your 20's your features are still changing so chances are that you will look even worse in a few years..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The iPad Pro.

I feel a little bit of vomit coming up every time the neighbour comes out the back door and says "Hey. Whatchya doing on your computer?"

"What's a computer?"

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Suckit wrote: »
    Especially when it is technically still in 'beta'.

I can not remember which comedian, but somebody used have a part of their routine talking about Plastic Surgery, and being the guinea pig. It is not a perfected practice and nobody knows how you will look after it has been performed on you before it is done. Add to that, in your 20's your features are still changing so chances are that you will look even worse in a few years..

It has to play into their offspring's psyche too-that they don't look anything like their mom/ dad or whatever.
    I think even Bonnie Tyler spoke about that-how you'll have kids being born with questions about parentage due to one or the other parent getting work done.
    Imagine being a kid and having an element of 'they look nothing like their mom/ dad'.
    The whole 'looking for a face like mine' has to trouble them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Suckit wrote: »
    The iPad Pro.

I feel a little bit of vomit coming up every time the neighbour comes out the back door and says "Hey. Whatchya doing on your computer?"

"What's a computer?"

Ugh.
    Comments are disabled for this video.
    I wonder why...?

Lifelong Apple fan, writing this on an Apple device, but god that's cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

smilerf wrote: »
    Think it's a an post ad where it has a baby whaling like a lunatic has to be the most irritating ad ever

:D despise this ad, it'd make your head light..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Add latest Gucci Bloom advert to very long list of irritating "reimagining's" of a well known song in a depressing tone, this time Wild Horses by The Rolling Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

razorblunt wrote: »
    The TUI holidays ad, where the girl with the gap in her teeth is miming, badly to "ain't nobody".

I don't know what it is exactly about the ad but its one of:
    - the bad miming
    - the lack of effort from her
    - the poor cover version itself

Got it! Her top lip doesn't move while she's singing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Samsung galaxy. The girl uses her phone to plan a backpacking trip. It has a voice over by a bloke with a super annoying ozzie accent.

Samsung galaxy. The girl uses her phone to plan a backpacking trip. It has a voice over by a bloke with a super annoying ozzie accent.

That's the OzzieMan on Facebook. He's rather blunted in the corporate gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Gucci Guilty ad. What is that about, apart from flogging perfume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Add latest Gucci Bloom advert to very long list of irritating "reimagining's" of a well known song in a depressing tone, this time Wild Horses by The Rolling Stones.

That advert is kind of bizarre-they recruit Dakota Johnson for it, but she's hardly seen (any model woulda done, it's not as if you can tell) but she undoubtedly got paid a lot to appear in it.

Perfume adverts tend to be bizarre-but that one just comes across as a tad lazy and generic.

What about the Paco Rabonne XS ad, ladies perving on an unaware man through a one way mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That creepy bizzare pervy Lotto ad with the nurses cooing at the man is the bed
    I find it disturbing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

What about the Paco Rabonne XS ad, ladies perving on an unaware man through a one way mirror?

Or what about the one with the woman smacking yer man on the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

That awful ad that tells us all the things we can do with €1000 rather than using it to pay a fine if we don't pay our TV licence.There are a lot of things I could do with €160 other than wasting it on the obnoxious licence.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

darkdubh wrote: »
    They've brought back the Lotto ad with that creepy fat weirdo with the sideburns dressed as a baby again . Will we ever see the back of that thing?
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    That creepy bizzare pervy Lotto ad with the nurses cooing at the man is the bed
    I find it disturbing

Why the hell do they keep reviving that ad? It must be running longer than the Shake N Vac woman originally did at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I'm sure it's been said before. That bellend in the wheelchair in the Paddy Power ads.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been said before. That bellend in the wheelchair in the Paddy Power ads.

That series of ads are particularly grating. All these betting companies are so crass and stereotypical in their writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

There was an ad on for James Joyce doc on RTE 1, I think it was on Wednesday night.

At the end of the ad the lady gave the title of the programme, but they way she pronounced it I could have sworn she said 'James Joyce, A Sh*te in the Street' instead of 'A Shout in the Street'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Radio5 wrote: »
    There was an ad on for James Joyce doc on RTE 1, I think it was on Wednesday night.

At the end of the ad the lady gave the title of the programme, but they way she pronounced it I could have sworn she said 'James Joyce, A Sh*te in the Street' instead of 'A Shout in the Street'.

Yes! I thought the very same, it sounded like sh1te, instead of shout.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Yes! I thought the very same, it sounded like sh1te, instead of shout.

Given Joyces obsession with scat (he mentions ****ting loads of times in his letters) it's very apt.

Why the hell do they keep reviving that ad? It must be running longer than the Shake N Vac woman originally did at this stage.
    The head of advertising at Lotto is probably a weirdo who likes to dress up like a baby on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

If the sexes were reversed in that ad, there'd be a right sh1tstorm!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

darkdubh wrote: »
    Given Joyces obsession with scat (he mentions ****ting loads of times in his letters) it's very apt.

Can't pretend I know much about his work, tbh. :D
    Studied Dubliners, many moons ago for my degree, that was all.

Nicole Shirtswinger and her stupid fall down yoghurt ads. That silly look she puts on every time she trips and the dab of yoghurt on her nose. Gaah :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bord Gais ad where the rude woman swaps Auntie Mauds cashmere throw for a foot spa . Was ok once , annoying on the 10th time and now doing my head in because it is on every blessed ad break

Nicole Shirtswinger and her stupid fall down yoghurt ads. That silly look she puts on every time she trips and the dab of yoghurt on her nose. Gaah :mad:

Much as i would love to spend at least half an hour with Nicole, those series of ads fúckin annoy me too.

That stupid McDonald's ad about the carrot sticks for the reindeers and the cheese burger for Santa... It boils my pi$$, it's just so pointless and stupid!.. :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

job seeker wrote: »
    That stupid McDonald's ad about the carrot sticks for the reindeers and the cheese burger for Santa... It boils my pi$$, it's just so pointless and stupid!.. :mad: :mad:

The thirty something daddy with the compulsory beard driving the compulsory toy jeep because they're "safe" that whole ad does my head in.

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    The thirty something daddy with the compulsory beard driving the compulsory toy jeep because they're "safe" that whole ad does my head in.

The exact one..

Advertisement