Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

There's an ad where a guy dressed in mountaineering garb is actually crawling horizontally up a main street. when he suddenly lets out a series of piercing screams. Sounds like a real half wit. Don't know what they are trying to advertise, I wouldn't touch it anyway, I hate that ad so much.

It’s Snickers, and that guy is not coming down off whatever he is on with a ****in snickers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The PTSB one where the girl is buying a house . Why is she flirting with the estate agent ? I presumed she was buying it with her partner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The PTSB one where the girl is buying a house . Why is she flirting with the estate agent ? I presumed she was buying it with her partner ?

Welcome to the party. There's a whole novel written about that particular triangle by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Seen that as twice and now hate it.
    Here ya go mam. Well do it up mam. welcome home mam.
    Mam mam mam.
    Mam mam.
    Mam.

At least they're not saying "mom"....:mad:

I'd love him to say to her.."OK mam...now, its 1000 a month and 1000 deposit...and thanks for selling your house which was worth twice this one....tea??"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For what it's worth, I quite like that Bank of Ireland ad. I think it's pretty heartfelt (if a little unrealistic).
    Is there a bed in that room, or is that just a living room? :)

Something along the same lines is the Cadbury ad on the bus (the crying girl and the kid who connects with her). I like that one too.

One ad I really can't stand is the Virgin "Broadband Optimised" ad. I have started changing the channel when it's on (and it's on A LOT - nearly every ad break).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,954 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Why is she flirting with the estate agent ? I presumed she was buying it with her partner ?

There are some unwritten terms and conditions in a TSB mortgage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Is the red brick house that mam sells the same one that the ptsb couple buy? Mam would be loaded after selling that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭CoBo55

At least they're not saying "mom"....:mad:

I'd love him to say to her.."OK mam...now, its 1000 a month and 1000 deposit...and thanks for selling your house which was worth twice this one....tea??"

It's kind of what he is saying, it's a disgusting Ad I hate it on every level, oh and you can mind the kids for free while you're at it.....Mam.

:cool:
    CoBo55 wrote: »
    It's kind of what he is saying, it's a disgusting Ad I hate it on every level, oh and you can mind the kids for free while you're at it.....Mam.

That guy has basically got 6balls n the lottery.....free childcare / housekeeper, probably mortgage free & it cost next to nothing to kit the room out.....just moved all the old tat from her place. His siblings must hate him.....their inheritance won't be amounting to much once he's finished

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Overthinking it. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mr E wrote: »
    Overthinking it. :o

She prob went in as guarantor on the mortgage and deposited some money into their account to make it look like they had more than they had.

THEY MAKE ME SICK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭rightmove

What do we make of the new SuperValu ad https://youtu.be/hsglKvqqahI

Bold step for them

Lasted 10 seconds and now I gotta clean up the vomit from my keyboard

rightmove wrote: »
    Lasted 10 seconds and now I gotta clean up the vomit from my keyboard

46 seconds myself I couldn't stop it quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

That domino's ad .... Jesus H Christ who ever came up with that should be shot !!!!

Everytime it comes on I change channel or turn sound to zero ....

Talk about annoying

I was looking for this thread just to post similar, it is the single most irritating advert in decades, I insta mute the tv or change channel when it comes on, it is genuinely that infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The new Betfair advert with the dogs barking. One way to loose customers

spookwoman wrote: »
    The new Betfair advert with the dogs barking. One way to loose customers

ANY ad promoting betting....its worse than smoking imo...but usually go hand in hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

ANY ad promoting betting....its worse than smoking imo...but usually go hand in hand...

Agreed, maybe whoever thought up the ad also agrees. I don't know who thought barking dogs was a good idea for an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

spookwoman wrote: »
    Agreed, maybe whoever thought up the ad also agrees. I don't know who thought barking dogs was a good idea for an ad.

My dog goes berserk when that ad comes on.

Mr E wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I quite like that Bank of Ireland ad. I think it's pretty heartfelt (if a little unrealistic).
    Is there a bed in that room, or is that just a living room? :)

Something along the same lines is the Cadbury ad on the bus (the crying girl and the kid who connects with her). I like that one too.

One ad I really can't stand is the Virgin "Broadband Optimised" ad. I have started changing the channel when it's on (and it's on A LOT - nearly every ad break).

Her bedroom is in the converted attic up the spiral staircase which she paid for too....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Acosta

The new McDonald's ad with people laughing the entire way through it is horrendous. I've only seen it on UK TV. Hopefully it stays that way.

I switched back from ITV to RTE to watch the football yesterday because the ads were so bad and frequent. UK ads are definitely more annoying. They still haven't moved on from this obsession with hiring bad singers to perform twee ****e over ads, which has been going on for years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Tesco

“ You’ve always been a bit sneaky like that , thanks Mum “

All of them are overacting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Tesco

Every little helps :D

(OK so should have written Every Lidl helps)

Wake me up when it's all over.

Guinness ad with Barry Keoghan telling us how great is is to have "pubs back" & how we all "got skin in the game"

SERIOUSLY????????????????

Tesco

Jeez, that fella could sure do with a haircut & a slap.....not necessarily in that order

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Guinness ad with Barry Keoghan telling us how great is is to have "pubs back" & how we all "got skin in the game"

And then the patronizing half threat at the end

“Youse have the pubs back open -let’s keep it that way yeah...”

And then the patronizing half threat at the end

“Youse have the pubs back open -let’s keep it that way yeah...”

I've never seen that ad, aren't I lucky... It sounds dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I dont think the guy drinks Guinness, its not brewed in Columbia

My sheer disdain for that ad is not waning. how is it these big companies feel the need to preach?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,830 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My new head wrecker is the Glenisk ad and I have only seen it twice, Goodlier wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Rte ad promoting Irelands rich list....richard curran is a smug prick while that talking head who says "splat" "splat" deserves a swift full force punch in the face....kunt...

Edit...nick webb of the sunday times is that kunts name

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Advertisement