Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Like friends that leave you voice messages.??????

So Coke thought it so good they'd make international versions of the same ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Rockshore ad. "From the brewers at St James' Gate. Not Guinness or Diageo, mind. No; "the brewers at St James' Gate".

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Elmo wrote: »
    Like friends that leave you voice messages.??????

So Coke thought it so good they'd make international versions of the same ad!

It’s super good.
    Sounds like it was written by one of those 5 year old toy reviewers on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Pussyhands wrote: »
    What's the idea of the comment? That Aldi is smaller or what?

yeah that is what they are trying to get across, that because Aldi is smaller you are in and out way quicker than in the bigger supermarkets. Theyre not wrong either, going from the entrance of a Tesco Extra to the milk way down the far end of the store and back again to the checkouts feels like an epic journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

blueser wrote: »
    That Rockshore ad. "From the brewers at St James' Gate. Not Guinness or Diageo, mind. No; "the brewers at St James' Gate".

THIS IS THE WEST*

*not really though is it?

• Advertisement

That Mace ad with Johnny Sexton getting his sangwich. Quick tip Johnny; don't give up the day job, fella. And as for yer wan serving him; did they drag her in off the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,787 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Like Hop House 13, Orchard Thieves etc big brand drinks pretending to be 'craft'.

Those "Just Eat" ads. Do they drag these people in off the street to "act" in these ads? Truly woeful acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Those "Just Eat" ads. Do they drag these people in off the street to "act" in these ads? Truly woeful acting.

They have to keep advertising .....

Many takeaway shops in England with a zero rating for hygiene are among those listed on the Just Eat food ordering app, a BBC investigation has found.

.... otherwise no one would risk their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The Tui add on Todayfm just after the news. Where the hell is Cyfrus??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Christmas ads have started heavily. I knew there'd be some, but I must've seen 20 today alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

That genetic testing VHI advert with the "Take more charge of your health" tagline - "more charge" just jars so much, and almost sounds grammatically incorrect, surely you either take charge or you don't take charge? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,439 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Pussyhands wrote: »
    The Vodafone ad with Dermot Bannon is on allllllllll the time.

There is a definite trend towards achieving saturation levels by the big advertisers. It was the same for Vodafone's one over the summer with the young lad and his crush on the French exchange student. It was completely unavoidable.

Any Radio Nova listeners here? They seem to have a series of dodgy ads made up of two people having a 'casual' conversations that focuses on the in-depth benefits of particular niche shops. The latest one was for Accura industrial drills and bits, and the two lads highlight all the benefits of the products in turn, as you do.

I'm guessing some good ad salesperson in Nova is a bit of a one-trick-pony, and has one 'solution' for all his clients.

There is a definite trend towards achieving saturation levels by the big advertisers. It was the same for Vodafone's one over the summer with the young lad and his crush on the French exchange student. It was completely unavoidable.

Any Radio Nova listeners here? They seem to have a series of dodgy ads made up of two people having a 'casual' conversations that focuses on the in-depth benefits of particular niche shops. The latest one was for Accura industrial drills and bits, and the two lads highlight all the benefits of the products in turn, as you do.

I'm guessing some good ad salesperson in Nova is a bit of a one-trick-pony, and has one 'solution' for all his clients.
    The RSA are guilty of this. Their ads seem to be on all the time, albeit they tend to change the ads from time to time. Currently, we're suffering the "give more room to cyclists" one. Before that, you had the "Portarlington" one. Before that, you'd have either the bloke texting while driving or the woman thinking back to losing her child because she took her eyes off the road while driving. All very worthy messages, and you can't argue against the general message. But sometimes less is more. That one where the couple are talking about losing their young son to a drunk driver. Truly heartbreaking stuff to watch, for sure. But how many years has that ad been running now? It's been on so often that people are in danger of not really taking too much notice of it any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

my3cents wrote: »

What you don't know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Dickie10

in the permanent tsb mortgage ad with the two people in a cafe messing on the laptop.later in the ad it shows the guy videoing the woman and child on a trampoline but he seems to be using a very odd looking hand held camcorder, what is it ? the image it gives is very poor quaility. why would he not video them with his phone ? espically as its supposed to be 5 years or so in the future. does anyone know this ad? anyone notice the camcorder?

Patww79 wrote: »
    What you don't know.....

.... is what makes it really tasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah that is what they are trying to get across, that because Aldi is smaller you are in and out way quicker than in the bigger supermarkets. Theyre not wrong either, going from the entrance of a Tesco Extra to the milk way down the far end of the store and back again to the checkouts feels like an epic journey.

That can be seen as a bad thing though too. Bigger = more stock and variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There is an ad played on the radio, I've only heard it twice, but.....

It is for a hybrid car (no idea which one) and it has a woman with a horrible accent saying something along the lines of "I enjoy driving my three children to school, knowing that I'm making a difference to their future."

:(

I bet they live 100 metres away too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Suckit wrote: »
    There is an ad played on the radio, I've only heard it twice, but.....

It is for a hybrid car (no idea which one) and it has a woman with a horrible accent saying something along the lines of "I enjoy driving my three children to school, knowing that I'm making a difference to their future."

:(

I bet they live 100 metres away too.

That doesn't even make sense. Nobody enjoys being stuck in early morning rush hour traffic driving their kids to school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

Dickie10 wrote: »
    in the permanent tsb mortgage ad with the two people in a cafe messing on the laptop.later in the ad it shows the guy videoing the woman and child on a trampoline but he seems to be using a very odd looking hand held camcorder, what is it ? the image it gives is very poor quaility. why would he not video them with his phone ? espically as its supposed to be 5 years or so in the future. does anyone know this ad? anyone notice the camcorder?

For some reason, I despise the way yer wan is looking at the laptop with the husband at the start. No idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I'd like an Eircom connection which can handle your set-top box and Netflix/YouTube at the same time.

From a real Eircom customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

New Kia advert-it's badly dubbed for one thing.

Then the kid is so obsessed with taking the perfect 'selfie' and doing his worst Blue Steel.

The mom looks at him like she wishes she'd had a termination instead.

New Kia advert-it's badly dubbed for one thing.

Talking of bad dubbing that Calgon advert must have the worst dubbing of any advert on TV. Evidently the original advert was made in France and they were too cheap to do an English version.

my3cents wrote: »
    Talking of bad dubbing that Calgon advert must have the worst dubbing of any advert on TV. Evidently the original advert was made in France and they were too cheap to do an English version.

God, that seems like a running theme-companies that are so cheap, it makes you wonder about the quality of their own products.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Like Hop House 13, Orchard Thieves etc big brand drinks pretending to be 'craft'.

Lidl have own brand craft beer.

The world really has turned into a big load of bullsh*t, hasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Renault trailer for the Late Late Show. What is that about? Does the driver lock the doors before driving down a dusty side road? Why? It's giving me the creeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

They haven't always had the handshake at the end of that creepy Wrigley's ad where the Da is happy his young one is about to get some, have they?

Patww79 wrote: »
    They haven't always had the handshake at the end of that creepy Wrigley's ad where the Da is happy his young one is about to get some, have they?

Nope, it was added in, I imagine after someone noticed the creepiness. And now it's even more creepy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If there was only the choice between using a candle and Energia I would choose the candle simply based on those stupid f**king Energia ads with the mice and the clever humans etc!!!

Saving on electricity, clever human!

Advertisement