Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Munster Match Day Thread, 08th Oct 2016, Aviva Stadium, SS1 & TG4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Clegg wrote: »
    Was that Earls Ringrose just turned into his bitch?

Twas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Ringrose did well on Earls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Great by Ringrose bouncing Earls off. Poor by Earls though, he was an open target

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Should the block down not have been a penalty? Was a play from the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Good half, POM playing well but CJ our standout performer so far.....I'm still laughing at the Ringrose attempt as he fell over the line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'm biased but I thought Leinster were comfortably the better side in that half. Blew two tries but we're making yards for fun once they put a bit big pace on the ball. Not too impressed with Munster's defence other than a few metres from their line. Leinster may rue not being further ahead.

Having said that Munster are still very close on the scoreboard so its far from a foregone conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Curate's egg of a game... Munster handling errors are through the roof, hard to build up sustained pressure.

Errors on the Leinster side, Ringrose mixing the good with the bad a lot.

Both lineout and scrums are even match. Scannell has been the best of the Munster backs (bar the deciding to run on his own line, was that pre-called move? Mistake either way). Sexton is the difference for me, running the Leinster backs well.

Still all to play for, Munster could do with the first score though, wouldn't like to have to chase it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

There is no atmosphere there.
    I thought this was THE Irish derby.

The sportsground was infinitely better yesterday.

• Administrators Posts: 53,561 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IMO neither team is all that great, either side can still win this.

Still 100 times better than last season though!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

25000 daytrippers does that at 2pm on a saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Crowd today have higher standards.

In fairness it's a decent atmosphere and it's always harder to come across on tv in a big stadium.

Seems poor enough alright. 2pm kickoff doesn't help but with a fixture like this it shouldn't matter

Why does the referee keep calling 'move it' to scrum halfs at scrum time? It's not up to him to decide that.

Leinster had Munster under pressure at one stage and he hurried Heaslip/McGrath up.

leakyboots wrote: »
    Seems poor enough alright. 2pm kickoff doesn't help but with a fixture like this it shouldn't matter

19000 in the rds would be infinitely better atmosphere

Yeah to be honest it's all blue at the aviva but Leinster fans are still fairly quiet. Not a great atmosphere but I think we're one decent handbags away from people getting into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

the aviva's nearly always deathly quiet with the occasional roar when a try is scored, this is nothing new

Fitzy has a career ahead of him as a tv pundit anyway.

Why does the referee keep calling 'move it' to scrum halfs at scrum time? It's not up to him to decide that.

Leinster had Munster under pressure at one stage and he hurried Heaslip/McGrath up.

if the scrum is going nowhere he will, but the scrum was moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Who's the bellowing wind bag on tg4? No idea what he spluttering on about but he always manages to irritate me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Atmosphere has been rubbish at these games for years.
    Leinster look stronger to.Peter O'Mahoney looks wrecked already.
    Bench will make a huge difference and Leinster look to have the advantage there I think.
    The ref doesn't fill me with confidence,I expect him to make his mark one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Images from the Leinster dressing room there show who is really in charge. Lancaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

McGrath's taking too long to get the ball from the breakdown. Letting Munster get ready for the next wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

If Munster cut out the ball handling errors, this could be a very tight game. I'd expect Leinster to open up more gaps though in the second half as Munster tire.

That guy should have won the tickets for the final for that beard alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Clegg wrote: »
    McGrath's taking too long to get the ball from the breakdown. Letting Munster get ready for the next wave.

In fairness Munster are getting away with murder, with hands in!

if its gone around before he picked it is it a turnover, or has the law changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Rules have changed. Ball is supposed to be won and (the ball) stationary though I believe.

thats clueless from munster

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

So old rubbish in attack. Slow, ponderous with a complete lack of ideas

• Advertisement

F**king knockons

Advertisement