Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Here is the pacer info if anyone needs it:
    https://www.runnersweb.nl/rw/informatiepaginainformation-page-pacing-team-nn-marathon-rotterdam.htm

Weather forecast is showing 15 degrees Sat jumping to 19 Sun!!:'(. Need to find a better forecast :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Would love to be able to track you all, especially with all those fancy times, but I'll be flying down a hill in Spain at the time.

(If anybody wants a PB it's the race to do, Full, Half and 10k)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Weather forecast is showing 15 degrees Sat jumping to 19 Sun!!:'(. Need to find a better forecast :P
    I'm not sure that you're fully grasping the whole taper concept. No bad news is allowed. As soon as you see bad news, it is your sole responsibility to 'unsee' the bad news, flag it as 'fake news' (popular option), or turn it around so that it has a positive spin. For example:
    Saturday will be a little too cool for beer garden weather, but the situation is improving greatly for Sunday, and once the race is complete, it'll be time for sombreros, baby-oil, and those over-expensive drinks in funny shaped glasses with little umbrellas, that attract wasps.

I prefer to deal in alternate facts:

https://www.yr.no/place/Netherlands/South_Holland/Rotterdam/long.html

However it may be a bit cold for post race pints in a beer garden so will accept this for the race and switch to Accuweather for afterwards - it works like that, right???

I hate tapering

I prefer to deal in alternate facts:

https://www.yr.no/place/Netherlands/South_Holland/Rotterdam/long.html

However it may be a bit cold for post race pints in a beer garden so will accept this for the race and switch to Accuweather for afterwards - it works like that, right???

I hate tapering

YR.no is always my 'go-to' weather predicting tool. The way I'm interpreting this long-range forecast is that it will be 5'C with no wind until 2:01pm, at which point it will auto-switch to 15'C, with a light refreshing breeze.

413760.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Hi guys, I'm doing this with two friends travelling on Friday. We are all wondering what's the situation with the water stations. Do they also have energy drinks and/or gels? Are people bringing anything themselves or will you get sufficient energy drinks / gels at the water stations? thanks in advance for any guidance.....

Hi guys, I'm doing this with two friends travelling on Friday. We are all wondering what's the situation with the water stations. Do they also have energy drinks and/or gels? Are people bringing anything themselves or will you get sufficient energy drinks / gels at the water stations? thanks in advance for any guidance.....
    It's covered earlier in the thread, but apparently there is ample water, lemon-flavoured isotonic drink and there may be gels also. Consensus was that the water is perfectly adequate, try the isotonic drink the day before, to make sure it suits and carry your own gels if you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

The app has been updated with a 'Running in warm weather conditions' page.
    Come on accuweather, sort this out.......

The app has been updated with a 'Running in warm weather conditions' page.
    Come on accuweather, sort this out.......
    Ah ffs!!!
    I'm leaving accuweather and going with yr.no (even tough they've upped he ante to 16 degrees

I watched the weather religiously in the run up to Stockholm a few years ago. All week it was climbing. When we flew out race day said it would be up to 24 degrees. Here's what I woke up to on the day of the race....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I watched the weather religiously in the run up to Stockholm a few years ago. All week it was climbing. When we flew out race day said it would be up to 24 degrees. Here's what I woke up to on the day of the race....

I won't ask how or why you still have that!

Best of luck

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Well, to Krusty and the rest I wish you the best of races. You should be ok, sniffles-wise, for the rest of the week as I have very generously volunteered (totally against my will, admittedly) to come down with the mother of all head colds which has sidelined me these last couple of days and thus appease the running gods.

Don't mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takestan

Good luck everyone running Sunday I am Looking up about Baggage drop off area and I can only see details of baggage area for people who paid for changing facilities at registration time Surly there is a baggage drop off area Can anyone give me any details or there experience ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

This is going in the bag tomorrow. What sh1tty timing. But it's got pseudo ephedrine in it which usually keeps me functioning. Unless I win it and get drug tested. Plan A remains Plan A

Takestan wrote: »
    Good luck everyone running Sunday I am Looking up about Baggage drop off area and I can only see details of baggage area for people who paid for changing facilities at registration time Surly there is a baggage drop off  area    Can anyone give me any details or there experience ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    When registering I ticked baggage drop off but didn't pay anything extra for it so don't know if I have it or not (my OH is coming along so I can leave stuff with her if needed), will know more at the expo

Takestan wrote: »
    Good luck everyone running Sunday I am Looking up about Baggage drop off area and I can only see details of baggage area for people who paid for changing facilities at registration time Surly there is a baggage drop off  area    Can anyone give me any details or there experience ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    When registering I ticked baggage drop off but didn't pay anything extra for it so don't know if I have it or not (my OH is coming along so I can leave stuff with her if needed), will know more at the expo.
    On the plus side yr.no is back showing 14 degrees for Sunday so fingers crossed

From what I've read of previous years the paid baggage drop and changing facilities are one and the same. Reviews have said its literally a shared changing room and you leave your bag wherever. No numbered bags or drop areas like other races

That said, I've never been before and basing this only on reviews but it'd be best to have a plan b for your bag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Best of luck all on Sunday..

Will prob go for a drink after in the irish pub as mentioned above but sure most of you will be finished so long you will be home by the time i arrive!! I'll be in a red Sportsworld top if anyone spots me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

Best of luck to everyone running on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Safe travels all.

12 laps of the local square to make up the 3 neccessary miles can only mean one thing: marathon running imminent!

*make sure to get the right ticket for the train by the way from Schiphol to Rotterdam. Very easy to get the wrong ticket and be fined!!

• Advertisement

Parked Z36

Parked Z36

Oops. Meant to be a text to myself. Fecking taper

Thanks. Keys under the wheel arch?

Thanks. Keys under the wheel arch?

You'd be doing me a favour. More miles on it than Al Bundy's Dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All the best folks. Looks like great weather for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Best of luck to you all tomorrow!

Good luck everybody today. Hopefully see a few of you for a quick pint later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Good luck everybody today. Hopefully see a few of you for a quick pint later

Is this on t.v?or is there a good live stream anywhere?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Best of luck today Folks. Have a good one and ENJOY!!!

Advertisement