Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

I see you can purchase 12 months ps plus for 45 euro. I was paying monthly and mine isn't up til the 29th of January but 12 month deal ends on the 19th January. Is there any way around. Tried to add the 12 months to cart but it wouldn't let me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I thought anytime you bought PS plus it added it onto your subscription. It doesn't overwrite what you have. It should run a year from the end of your current deal. Even if it doesn't you would only pay twice for 19-29 Jany and you'd still be up.
    but I'm fairly sure it doesn't work that way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,895 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I see you can purchase 12 months ps plus for 45 euro. I was paying monthly and mine isn't up til the 29th of January but 12 month deal ends on the 19th January. Is there any way around. Tried to add the 12 months to cart but it wouldn't let me.

The 12 months for 45 euro deal is only eligible for people that don't have an active subscription, that's why you can't add it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

I have to say i wasn't expecting much of maneater but i'm digging it. The first half an hour is a bit WTF is this but its really grows on you. Between this and bugsnax my plus sub has paid for itself already this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Hope someone can help.

1st Playstation(PS4) in this house and we haven’t a clue.

We entered the PlayStation plus voucher number today but we can’t find the monthly games anywhere. We have checked PlayStation plus & in the library.

Is there something else we have to do.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spooch

Carodh wrote: »
    Hope someone can help.

1st Playstation(PS4) in this house and we haven’t a clue.

We entered the PlayStation plus voucher number today but we can’t find the monthly games anywhere. We have checked PlayStation plus & in the library.

Is there something else we have to do.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

https://youtu.be/mAX8tyiU3GI

Basically click the ps plus icon. Click the game. Add to library.
    Think its Tomb Raider, Maneater and Greedfall this month

Spooch wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/mAX8tyiU3GI

Basically click the ps plus icon. Click the game. Add to library.
    Think its Tomb Raider, Maneater and Greedfall this month

Thanks for your advice. Yes it is those games- I saw them when googling to find out what we needed to search for. There is nothing when we click on PlayStation plus as per the video. I’m not sure what we have done wrong. I entered the code from our shop receipt and received an email from PlayStation confirming it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spooch

Carodh wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice. Yes it is those games- I saw them when googling to find out what we needed to search for. There is nothing when we click on PlayStation plus as per the video. I’m not sure what we have done wrong. I entered the code from our shop receipt and received an email from PlayStation confirming it.

Hmm strange. Off the top of my head is there a PlayStation plus tab in the store? Or you could try downloading the PlayStation Mobile app, link your account to it and add the games form the app?

they may have changed something recently but I'm pretty sure if you select the PS plus icon from the main menu you can scroll left and right in the PS plus menu and there's an option to select "Your free games" or something like that.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    they may have changed something recently but I'm pretty sure if you select the PS plus icon from the main menu you can scroll left and right in the PS plus menu and there's an option to select "Your free games" or something like that.

I emailed PlayStation support and they advised what to do and to report back if there was an error. The Tomb Raider game gave me the option to download and then had a error saying it was for over 18’s & the other two had no option to download saying they were for over 18’s. All 3 of those games this month are rated 18. Could that be the reason. My son is only 12.

yeah it could well be. tbh I don't know how the parental control system works but it makes sense it wouldn't allow a child account to access age restricted titles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Got an email from Amazon last night giving me a 25% discount on PS Plus cos I bought the PS5 through them. Assume this would only work on a UK plus account?

Got an email from Amazon last night giving me a 25% discount on PS Plus cos I bought the PS5 through them. Assume this would only work on a UK plus account?

Got the same. Yup. UK account only

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Cheers, copy of the discount code attached, if anyone wants to avail have at it but if someone does claim it please let the thread know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭tigger123

When are February's games announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Jacovs

tigger123 wrote: »
    When are February's games announced?

In half an hour.

But supposedly confirmed as Civ VI and Far Cry New Dawn. I would wait 30 minutes to be 100% sure.

Way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jacovs wrote: »
    In half an hour.

But supposedly confirmed as Civ VI and Far Cry New Dawn. I would wait 30 minutes to be 100% sure.

Have played Civ VI on pc a lot and it's fantastic. I'd be interested to see how the console version works as Civ Revolution (the previous port) was appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Control. Nice, very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

PS5 Control included!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hot take: Control is a pretty good video game.

Don't @ me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ugh I bought Control UE just a month ago, f**k. >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Control was class on PS4 slim, dodgy frame rate and all. Defo give it another bash on PS5.

Concrete Genie, a PSVR game on PSplus??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't believe they're giving the ultimate edition, classy move! Am i right in saying the actual ps5 version is due later this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Control is great on the ps5 because the console is (relatively) quiet and you don't get as much frame rate drop

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Can't believe they're giving the ultimate edition, classy move! Am i right in saying the actual ps5 version is due later this year?

Apparently due out on February 2nd, so it’s coinciding with the inclusion here it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Control was class on PS4 slim, dodgy frame rate and all. Defo give it another bash on PS5.

Concrete Genie, a PSVR game on PSplus??!!

Concrete Genie has a specific VR mode but the game itself playable on PS4 & PS5 regardless of a headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Apparently due out on February 2nd, so it’s coinciding with the inclusion here it seems.

Awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Played Control on the switch over Christmas and enjoyed it. Collecting my ps5 tomorrow so looking forward to giving it a bash on there.

And good news that my vr isn't to be retired just yet too with concrete genie.

Advertisement