Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Are you signed into the right account and are you on the right store?

Yes, US Store, when clicking into PS+ you've to change as well. Tried on PS5 and on the Website but no luck. Seems I also have great difficulty adding a payment source which will compound the issue because even free games need a way of paying. Hmmm catch 22 I think. Cannot add either a card or paypal. Cannot even create a US paypal because it needs a US Mobile to send a text.

Drat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Berty wrote: »
    Yes, US Store, when clicking into PS+ you've to change as well. Tried on PS5 and on the Website but no luck. Seems I also have great difficulty adding a payment source which will compound the issue because even free games need a way of paying. Hmmm catch 22 I think. Cannot add either a card or paypal. Cannot even create a US paypal because it needs a US Mobile to send a text.

Drat

Seems like a lot of hassle to save about €11 on a yearly Plus sub.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Drat

How did you pay for US PS+?
    Can you use the same method to add funds to your US wallet and use that as a payment source?

Seems like a lot of hassle to save about €11 on a yearly Plus sub.

€28 saving so I would say significant when you have to buy one every year.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    How did you pay for US PS+?
    Can you use the same method to add funds to your US wallet and use that as a payment source?

No, I will try a VPN and see if that solves it.

EDIT - Could be a broken US PSN Store actually. Earlier the prices were on it, now with VPN on and off prices aren't even there and then a quick scoot over to Twitter I find a lot of people with similar issues:
    https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1346487063957352453

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I've never had a saved payment method on my US account, I just add money to the wallet via psn credit top ups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

€28 saving so I would say significant when you have to buy one every year.

No, I will try a VPN and see if that solves it.

EDIT - Could be a broken US PSN Store actually. Earlier the prices were on it, now with VPN on and off prices aren't even there and then a quick scoot over to Twitter I find a lot of people with similar issues:
    https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1346487063957352453

Yeah, seen Greedfall was showing up as £10,000 on the UK store for Plus subscribers.

Seems to be fixed now, could easily see it on properly on my Irish PSN but the US version was just in bits. Added the 3 games now and downloaded Maneater for a laugh. Glad to see as well whilst reading Twitter that people who bought it during December and even up to last night all got refunds when bought digitally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Logged on earlier to put the games into my library. There's some racing game but when I tried putting it into the library it dumped it into the cart and looked to charge me €7. Perturbed I tried getting it out of the cart which I eventually managed, then it showed the game at €100. Selected Shadow and it started to download straight away much to my dismay.
    I then went for Greedfall but when I selected it showed a price of €10,000. I'm assuming all this is some gremlin related issue, otherwise I'm going to need a second job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭recyclops

With my ps5 order Amazon have since sent me a discount off psplus, it appears to be for uk version of plus. Will that be an issue, I was gonna buy it and keep it until I get my Ps5 as I sold the first one but wont bother if it cant be redeemed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

recyclops wrote: »
    With my ps5 order Amazon have since sent me a discount off psplus, it appears to be for uk version of plus. Will that be an issue, I was gonna buy it and keep it until I get my Ps5 as I sold the first one but wont bother if it cant be redeemed

You can use it, just need to set up a UK PS account.

If you already have PS+ on your current account and intend to keep it, its not worth setting up and using imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Has everyone with a PS4 only been able to add Maneater to their collection?

Shows €39.99 for me (PS5 version, and the PS4 version)
    With a disclaimer underneath saying if you dont own a PS5 yet to add Worms to your account for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Jacovs wrote: »

With a disclaimer underneath saying if you dont own a PS5 yet to add Worms to your account for free.

Yeah, I was able to add through the web browser (when I eventually got it to work).

Jacovs wrote: »

That's correct, only the PS5 version is free on Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Yeah, I was able to add through the web browser (when I eventually got it to work).

Cheers. I was trying it through a browser on my phone, which showed me as signed in.
    Figured id add the PS5 version to my cart and see if it applies discount at check out, but it asked me to sign in again and then showed as free. So not sure what happened there but its sorted anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Maneater isn't the greatest game in the world, I'll grant you, but I did enjoy the 2 hours I sank in it last night. Tbh, most of that enjoyment came from attacking crocs after getting big enough so they couldn't kill me :) So if you're petty, you may enjoy this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I enjoyed it a little , but I didn't expect it to be so frustrating and not in a good way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Tried 30 minutes of maneater, useless cr@p

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

PS Plus is nearly up and want to try and get it cheaper for the first time. Has anybody tried CD Keys and how likely is it to not work?

BSK wrote: »
    PS Plus is nearly up and want to try and get it cheaper for the first time. Has anybody tried CD Keys and how likely is it to not work?

Buy it from them for the correct region and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Shadow looks fantastic, not bored with it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Playing Maneater and it keeps freezing when I am just about to complete a mission happened 4 times in a row now so frustrating can't progress at all now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

* Apologies in advance if this is dumb/obvious or whatever else......

Noticed last night that my kid can buy the DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn for €14.99 or the full game including the DLC for €10.

Given that he has the full disc version already for years now can he just go ahead and buy the full game on the Playstation Store for €10 and get the DLC that way?

- We never download games so am unsure if this creates some other pitfall or unseen issue - It's just the DLC he wants & I know its just a fiver but still it seems odd the DLC on its own is 50% on top of the full game plus DLC - Wouldn't like to pay the extra on principle etc.

Also I'm unsure if this way would take up a pile of HD space unnecessarily as the full game gets downloaded again (?) - Or do you just get to select the DLC for download separately - Anyway thanks in advance!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Noticed last night that my kid can buy the DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn for €14.99 or the full game including the DLC for €10.

I'm certain(not 100%) that even the saves will be ok from physical to digital version.
    If that's the case, then it's a no-brainer.

You will in all likelihood have to delete the physical download.

You can also sell the disk to gamestop/cex.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm certain(not 100%) that even the saves will be ok from physical to digital version.
    If that's the case, then it's a no-brainer.

You will in all likelihood have to delete the physical download.

You can also sell the disk to gamestop/cex.

The saves will be fine. As it is the complete edition the disc version will need to be deleted and the new version downloaded to access the dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I thought the existing saves with vanilla version wouldn't work with a goty version.

noodler wrote: »
    I thought the existing saves with vanilla version wouldn't work with a goty version.

Depends on the game. Some GotY games have separate trophy lists and thus are considered separate games(such as those released by WB), others use the same trophy list and have compatible saves if bought in the same region.

There is no separate trophy list for HZD Complete and both are considered the same game wrt saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You could also use that tenner to get a month of PS Now of which the GOTY edition of HZD is on it now. #justsayin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

The saves will be fine. As it is the complete edition the disc version will need to be deleted and the new version downloaded to access the dlc.

Thanks for all of the replies folks.

Can someone please enlighten me - I presume having a full game download installed takes up more HD storage than a disc install?

Or is it just the same as everything is copied from the disc anyhow and then the disc is only used for a security check to make sure you bought the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Can someone please enlighten me - I presume having a full game download installed takes up more HD storage than a disc install?

Or is it just the same as everything is copied from the disc anyhow and then the disc is only used for a security check to make sure you bought the game?

It's all installs to the HDD whether it's a physical copy or a digital one. PS4 just requires the disk to be in the drive with a physical copy to ensure you own it.

• Advertisement

It will be a bit bigger due to the dlc.

Blame Sonys crappy DRM for having to delete the disc version and download the new copy.

On Xbox it checks for a digital licence, then checks for a disc. If neither are found it throws an error to insert your disc or buy the game digitally. Due to this you can install from disc and continue on with a download copy without reinstallation, for example if the game goes on Game Pass or Games with Gold.

On Playstation disc versions are denoted with a disc icon. Upon acquiring a digital copy to use it the disc version must be deleted before the digital version can be installed as digital and disc use 2 separate DRM systems.

This and the ridiculous installation copying to install patches are my 2 biggest annoyances with Playstation platforms.

Advertisement