Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 4 (Xbox One)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd like to try it, but I don't think many PC Gamers even realise it's out on PC.
    I'll have to try convince some of my friends to part with 60$....it's easy to buy through digital download on PC ?
    Windows has it's own platform now or how does it work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'd like to try it, but I don't think many PC Gamers even realise it's out on PC.
    I'll have to try convince some of my friends to part with 60$....it's easy to buy through digital download on PC ?
    Windows has it's own platform now or how does it work ?

Need windows 10 and can only download it on their windows store. €70 on the store, but you can get a code cheaper on cd keys or amazon US

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

ShaneU wrote: »
    Need windows 10 and can only download it on their windows store. €70 on the store, but you can get a code cheaper on cd keys or amazon US

Ahhhh, that's a problem. I recently went back to 7 because I'm not a fan of 10.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Went ahead and got a key for it. Some messing to get the key accepted, had to do the dlc stuff first for some reason. Slow download isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I love the salty comments on that review :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

So hard to find a match on PC. They really need to go back on the decision of splitting the community.

I haven't bothered with competitive Gears since 1 because the multi in 2 & 3 were complete clusterf***s. But I'm really enjoying this one; it plays much closer to what it should be.

Does anyone know if private versus can be done cross play???

Feel free to add me to any lists for games, I can always just download this on the Xbone if I have to. Finally might have some use for it other than a doorstop.

Gamertag: Rob2D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So how much should GoW 4 actually cost on PC? When I go into the Windows Store I just see the Ultimate Edition and that is €99. Surely that can't be the only one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So how much should GoW 4 actually cost on PC? When I go into the Windows Store I just see the Ultimate Edition and that is €99. Surely that can't be the only one.

Should be a standard edition for 69.99. You can also just buy it from cdkeys for 52 euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wave 50 of Horde mode on the upgraded Turret last night looks like this....

SmrjzT.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Not loving the changes to horde when playing wth randoms if I'm honest, the communal resources lead to some very frustrating moments, especially when you've had a great round and earned enough for that game changer of a weapon only to have some idiot spend it all on a needless barricade that he then goes and places halfway across the map in an abolutey pointless position. Also the lack of autofill for empty spots left behind by quitters needs to change. It could easily be solved by giving people the option to join either games in progress or look for fresh matches. A mate and I got to round 33 there the last night only to have all people suddenly quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just finished the campaign.

Just, wow.......

Gave my first proper dip into horde too, completed wave 20 when the other 4 randomers decided to quit. Wasn't too bothered as herself had something lined up to watch on Netflix but slightly disappointing to see that carry on.

It looks like there's potentially a good tactical depth to horde with the new classes. I played as soldier with the ammo capacity boost and could carry 700 bullets! Everyone else seemed to be playing as an engineer but I imagine playing in a well rounded team could be cool.

Just finished the campaign.

Just, wow.......

Gave my first proper dip into horde too, completed wave 20 when the other 4 randomers decided to quit. Wasn't too bothered as herself had something lined up to watch on Netflix but slightly disappointing to see that carry on.

It looks like there's potentially a good tactical depth to horde with the new classes. I played as soldier with the ammo capacity boost and could carry 700 bullets! Everyone else seemed to be playing as an engineer but I imagine playing in a well rounded team could be cool.
    You really need a party, even more so considering the way the currency is handled in game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Had some amazing fun over the weekend with myself and 9 mates playing epic games of Guardian and TDM. I've only managed to play games against random teams 4 times, the rest has all been private games and some brilliant fun.

Anyone else getting g a lot of problems with people getting kicked from the game though? Happened to a few off us quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Hit level 50 last night. I see myself dipping off now though and playing it every so often. They need a Horde Quickplay option that stops at wave 20.

A a person who enjoys the meta game of achievements and challenges, for a first party game not to include challenges was pretty bad. I think the weighting of achievements could have been increased if some of the achievements were actually made into challenges.

As soon as Titanfall 2 drops I will only be back to Gears for extra XP events.

Finished the campaign last night, was very impressed overall from a gameplay persepctive, though I'd be lying if I said I found the new batch of characters interesting. I found them quite dull throughout, and other aspects of the game such as enemy types just screamed of a developer afraid to take risks.

As for pure gameplay though, only Uncharted and Doom have provided me with single player experiences that enjoyable this year. And as for that ending, it was an absolutely spectacular sequence.

Haven't really dabbled with PvP so far, mainly played horde, but have found it an absolute ball ache with randos, so if any xbox players fancy teaming up for a few rounds feel free to add me.

GT - goonmagee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

goon_magee wrote: »
    Finished the campaign last night, was very impressed overall from a gameplay persepctive, though I'd be lying if I said I found the new batch of characters interesting. I found them quite dull throughout, and other aspects of the game such as enemy types just screamed of a developer afraid to take risks.

Well the "new" enemies I thought were very good. The pouncer and snatcher. When they come onto the battlefield it really makes you mix up your strategy I feel. I do wish there were more though.
    The hint that the swarm can infect the DeeBee's really have me looking forward to the variants in 5.

Edit: Also shout out to the naming conventions they use. Hope graboids are in the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

acts 1+2 were dull imo hated the robot enemies for some reason anyone else?

but act 3 now I'm loving it proper gears :)

biggebruv wrote: »
    acts 1+2 were dull imo hated the robot enemies for some reason anyone else?

but act 3 now I'm loving it proper gears :)

I agree that the first 2 acts were dull, it was a common gripe amongst many of the reviews as well. Act 3 onwards however totally feels like a proper Gears game. The smaller scale of the story/setting, feels like a real throwback to the first game, which is great in my eyes as the first was, and still is IMO, the best entry in the franchise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 steve7791

long time lurker here, if anyone wants to play some horde let me know, managed to beat it about 4 times with randoms so far other then that its been awful frustrating, people disconnecting on first death or spending all the money on stupid things. im level 50, soldier lvl 2, engineer lvl 3, heavy lvl4, scout lvl 2 and sniper lvl 1. i don't mind what class i play with (i like using heavy but it doesn't matter) ill gladly play anything.
    im on pc but that shouldn't matter for horde anyways. GT: steve7792

anyone found "the best" setup for horde yet? from what im seeing/reading it seems to be 2 heavy, 1 scout, 1 engineer then what ever for the 5th some people saying 2 engineers are great others saying 2 scouts but i kinda think thats a bit unnecessary if the scout is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The in-laws are over and I've not been able to get much time on this - really head-wrecking sufferening through mind numbing TV when I'm itching to play my new game. I might disconnect the sky box from the xbox and see how this game streaming to windows 10 lark works.

Anyway, I'm just at the end of Act 3 (I think -
    down at the bottom of the pit thing
    ), enjoying it but yes, I agree with above about shooting robots being a bit meh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

feel free to add me "Cottz" im finished campaign so focusing online now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'm having to turn down some settings from ultra to get a nice frame rate, but damn this game looks good.
    400465.jpg

Advertisement