Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 4 (Xbox One)

Options
  • 01-10-2016 6:56pm

Out the 11th of October.

Really looking forward to this now as it gets closer.

Like Mafia 3 I pre ordered it a few weeks ago on Amazon for £35.

Really enjoy playing the campaigns co-op with a mate and love Horde mode online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm looking forward to it too but I hate the way if you purchase the ultimate edition you get it earlier, on the 7th. Horrible practice which I hope doesn't take off.

rizzla wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it too but I hate the way if you purchase the ultimate edition you get it earlier, on the 7th. Horrible practice which I hope doesn't take off.

Yeah and read the fine print on that sh*t too, Ultimate Edition of Forza Horizon doesn't even include the DLC I bought from Honk Kong but even then it would have been cheaper to wait a few days and pay 53 in argos as the UE doesn't have the DLC. I have to say that is partly my fault for not reading the fine print but it's a seriously shady practice I hope doesn't but can 100% see taking off.

Especially here and UK were US get stuff on tuesday and we have to wait until friday traditionally

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

And I bet it has day one DLC up the wazoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah and read the fine print on that sh*t too, Ultimate Edition of Forza Horizon doesn't even include the DLC I bought from Honk Kong but even then it would have been cheaper to wait a few days and pay 53 in argos as the UE doesn't have the DLC. I have to say that is partly my fault for not reading the fine print but it's a seriously shady practice I hope doesn't but can 100% see taking off.

Especially here and UK were US get stuff on tuesday and we have to wait until friday traditionally

Are you sure there is no DLC in the Ultimate Edition of Forza? I thought it had the first few car/track packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you sure there is no DLC in the Ultimate Edition of Forza? I thought it had the first few car/track packs?

It should have the car pass which is €30 on its own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Currently trying to download this (W10 tried for ages to d/l to my full C: drive). Should we relabel the topic like the Forza thread as this is play anywhere too?

Mainly on this for the Horde mode, loved it in 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

got this on simply games wonder if I'll get it early would be a nice surprise for the weekend lol

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It should have the car pass which is €30 on its own?

It does but it doesn't include the Storm Island type dlc with new locations and races etc. UE owners get 10 off the 34.99 price tag.

Cars hold little value for me, had I read the fine detail on FH3 I'd have got the standard one and expansion pass later. I actually don't think this expansion was mentioned until after the game had launched but I can't say for sure , certainly I had no knowledge of it so it's left a bitter taste with me somewhat.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/Forza-Horizon-3-Expansion-Pass/9NBLGGH4T5FT?tduid=(1ef9ba8b3d0870373d56f2fc8d277f7b)(266696)(1503186)(skim87431X1540266X6e5cf113c00f2f9795d83b67abd82832)()

https://www.vg247.com/2016/09/27/forza-horizon-3-is-getting-two-expansions-and-theyre-not-included-in-the-100-edition/

Must go and check now I think of it what all is in the Gears 4 UE

biggebruv wrote: »
    got this on simply games wonder if I'll get it early would be a nice surprise for the weekend lol

How are they for delivery normally ?

If you buy the Ultimate edition you can start playing the game on Friday.

Also on XB1 if you play any version of the game before the 31st of December you will be given the other 4 Gears games for free.

• Advertisement

Can you physically collect the ultimate edition in stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How did those Nvidia keys work out? Were they all revoked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

How did those Nvidia keys work out? Were they all revoked?
    d9e478797f29841bd365fbeb65311fd858ee7d9717da6d975acd6b8dcfb86a41.gif

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can you physically collect the ultimate edition in stores?

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/58306/gears-of-war-4-ultimate-edition

Unless you really need to play it early base game is going for 35 GBP and buy season pass later. This new craic of getting games 4 days early if you buy a 100 version is total horse**** , games ready just release it to all but no there's more € to be made :(

The EA access model I was cool with , but now I can see why titanfall 2 isn't going to have the 10 hours trial for EA access members. I don't know if it will have early access for buying the uber version but it's likely now seeing this trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

How are they for delivery normally ?

I won't be getting mafia on Friday anyways it hasn't been dispatched yet:( oh well

they are fine but if you have to have your game on day 1 do not order from them they seem to get there stock in late or very close to release

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Unless you really need to play it early base game is going for 35 GBP and buy season pass later. This new craic of getting games 4 days early if you buy a 100 version is total horse**** , games ready just release it to all but no there's more € to be made :(

The EA access model I was cool with , but now I can see why titanfall 2 isn't going to have the 10 hours trial for EA access members. I don't know if it will have early access for buying the uber version but it's likely now seeing this trend.

Agree 100%, I was looking at the battlefield early enlister pack as well, and tbh its hard to justify the 15 extra euros, for skins that I cant even see!

Agree 100%, I was looking at the battlefield early enlister pack as well, and tbh its hard to justify the 15 extra euros, for skins that I cant even see!

6oAI36A.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

6oAI36A.jpg?1

lol.

more that I can only see my characters arms anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just listening to the Giant Bombcast and they had great things to say about the campaign, having played 40%. Will probably be a couple of weeks before I can get it, but I'm really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

Review embargo is lifted tomorrow I think. That's confidence IMO

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Review embargo is lifted tomorrow I think. That's confidence IMO
    Can't wait to read this turnips review after the Forza Horizon 3 review :D

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/reporters/edward-smith

This other one is hilarious http://www.metacritic.com/user/Keyito

Can't wait to read this turnips review after the Forza Horizon 3 review :D

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/reporters/edward-smith

This other one is hilarious http://www.metacritic.com/user/Keyito

Wait was it the same guy that gave ...Rapture a 3/10 :pac:

Like walking sims or not Rapture is not a 3/10 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anybody trying to get one of those codes no? I've had no luck, it appears my fingers are too fat, and mashing the keyboard doesn't work.

Now where's my dialling wand......

Campaign is only 2 player co-op ? 4 player was the best part of the campaign in Gears 3 for me.

Campaign is only 2 player co-op ? 4 player was the best part of the campaign in Gears 3 for me.
    Yes, only 2 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Karak from ACG is pretty happy with it.

Just need my free game code from Amazon now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Anyone else having any luck "attempting" to download this on PC? Seems I have been struck with the same bug people had for Forza, ReCore and several others, game gets to about 30Gb, spots a dog out the window or something, loses its place and starts over again. At this rate I have d/l about 150Gb of data from the Windows Store due to it restarting constantly(game is about 75Gb). Thank **** for capless.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Anyone else having any luck "attempting" to download this on PC? Seems I have been struck with the same bug people had for Forza, ReCore and several others, game gets to about 30Gb, spots a dog out the window or something, loses its place and starts over again. At this rate I have d/l about 150Gb of data from the Windows Store due to it restarting constantly(game is about 75Gb). Thank **** for capless.
    You're lucky. The download button isn't even visible for me :p

• Advertisement

85 on metacritic with 49+ reviews
    Good stuff

Advertisement