Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 4 (Xbox One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Played the Prologue last night. Can't stop thinking about it, looking forward to jumping back into it after work.

I saw Ryan McCaffrey post on twitter to avoid the character customisation menu until after you complete the main campaign as it contains spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Tried to get this from Singapore using the official site but they said my payment method didn't match my purchase address. If anyone knows a workaround could you PM me?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

read somewhere that cdkeys is as cheap as singapore at the moment

mossym wrote: »
    read somewhere that cdkeys is as cheap as singapore at the moment

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/gears-of-war-4-xbox-one-digital-code

€53 there on CDkeys and it#s about €45 in Singapore, but that's not enough to put me off going though CD Keys. I've never used them before, so they're reliable enough, yeah?

• Advertisement

used cd keys loads of times, totally reliable.

i'd go with them over saving 8 euros from singapore too

Jayop wrote: »

€53 there on CDkeys and it#s about €45 in Singapore, but that's not enough to put me off going though CD Keys. I've never used them before, so they're reliable enough, yeah?

52 for the bog standard version ? You'd get a physical copy in argos for a few quid more or cheaper still on amazon. You realise you won't be able to play that until tuesday right if thats your intention ? Ultimate edition is early access , standard is not playable until tuesday.

Disc version from Argos and Amazon can't be played on pc. Digital copy can.

52 for the bog standard version ? You'd get a physical copy in argos for a few quid more or cheaper still on amazon. You realise you won't be able to play that until tuesday right if thats your intention ? Ultimate edition is early access , standard is not playable until tuesday.

Honestly I prefer digital. I don't buy many games and when I do I play that one game for a few months and then take a while off playing till the next game comes along. Digital is pure handy for me.

And if anyone is interested you can get the disc from a site in England for 38 sterling with free postage in the UK. Add parcel motel and the whole lot is probably around 50 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

you are all terrible. playing a game that was made popular through ads and being sh*t at everything else.

here, i was the best at UT2004 and UT in general in the county. you are all crap on the end of my brilliant stick. take that with the humour that was indented or be sh*te at things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

BMMachine wrote: »
    you are all terrible. playing a game that was made popular through ads and being sh*t at everything else.

here, i was the best at UT2004 and UT in general in the county. you are all crap on the end of my brilliant stick. take that with the humour that was indented or be sh*te at things.

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

So eh, my standard edition just arrived. Am I allowed play it now? I think I read something about blacklisting for non-ultimate early players

Not a huge issue as I'm off to Manchester now but tomorrow. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

theteal wrote: »
    So eh, my standard edition just arrived. Am I allowed play it now? I think I read something about blacklisting for non-ultimate early players

Not a huge issue as I'm off to Manchester now but tomorrow. . .

You could play it offline safely if you wanted.

What I find mad is that the collectors edition doesn't come with the dlc even though it's 200+ quid
    If your going to spend that much at least include everything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What I find mad is that the collectors edition doesn't come with the dlc even though it's 200+ quid
    If your going to spend that much at least include everything
    Yeah, that's a crazy thing that has just started recently.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What are you on about?

i literally have no idea. I was quite hammered. this is a shock to me to :s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just finished the campaign. I thought it dragged during Act 2 but other than that it was amazing. Now to jump into the online.

52.49 in Argos ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    52.49 in Argos ;)

Was a similar price on cdkeys over the weekend for PC players/anyone who wants a digital copy. Not sure if they still have any in stock (site blocked at work).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was a similar price on cdkeys over the weekend for PC players/anyone who wants a digital copy. Not sure if they still have any in stock (site blocked at work).
    $60 on Amaxon US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Got a code, as did everyone I assume, on xbox for an Operation Gears Pack. If anyone didnt and wants it let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Was looking forward to getting this on PC until I realised you have to have Windows 10 to get it:(

Was looking forward to getting this on PC until I realised you have to have Windows 10 to get it:(

You can't upgrade to W10?

It's still available on CDkeys for €52

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Jayop wrote: »
    You can't upgrade to W10?

It's still available on CDkeys for €52

Nah seems like the upgrade period is over, have to purchase it now.

Nah seems like the upgrade period is over, have to purchase it now.

Well that's an absolute balls isn't it. If you're on W7 you're on a decent OS at least but W8 was brutal.

Anyway, that's another threads problem! :)

Game looks stunning on Xbox One S using HDR 10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just finished playing a Horde mode game via cross platform. Works great. Me on PC and the 4 lads on the Xbox.

I also played some horde mode on the Xbox itself but quickly went back to playing it on the PC.

Yep, some great games there with fail-safe and a couple of the other boards lads.
    They really have refined the horde mode expertly.
    It's much more tactical and you have to genuinely consider what's best to spend the cash on.
    It encourages teamplay.
    Horde in Gears 2 and 3 was still a kind of every man for himself to get the most cash for the individual.
    In gears 4 it all depends on shared distribution which is a subtle but hugely effective change in the context of cooperative play.

• Advertisement

Some clips of tonight's games would be great

Advertisement