Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017 Season Ticket

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    I don't think you are the target audience for their email. They don't have a problem with a ST holder giving their ticket to a friend or a family member to use, if they can't go themselves. If you make a private arrangement for someone that you know, to go in your (or your wifes) stead, that is fine.

Possibly, but it would be difficult to know the difference all the same.

It would help if you could transfer the tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

It's all about the lost money trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

irishgeo wrote: »
    It's all about the lost money trust me.

I don't really get this.The cost of the season ticket incorporates the admission fees for the league games.The first championship game is free with the subsequent five euro reduction on any additional games.Hardly a massive loss of monies.Who's to assume these season ticket holders would be replaced by others?In the past regular supporters struggled greatly to get a ticket for an All Ireland final because they weren't involved in a club or in spite of club membership the club's ticket allocation was insufficient hence the inherent fairness of this scheme.I'd imagine many of these supporters might drift away rather than suffer the hassle of begging for tickets as happened in the past.

I suspect the crux of the issue is as Stoner mentioned the want of the County Boards to have full control of their share of tickets for All Ireland finals.Yet you could count on one hand the number of games in a year where allocating tickets primarily in Croker becomes a real live issue.The GAA realises the scheme doesn't necessarily encourage supporters to become involved in their club.Their slapstick and frankly amateurish methods for oftentimes scanning tickets at regional grounds is fraught with difficulties and largely self inflicted.

TBH I think it's laughable that they are possibly contemplating bringing an end to the scheme.Attendance revenues are up in spite of falling attendances.Attendances at league matches are greatly inflated due to the presence of season ticket holders,ditto the championship.I agree with the ability to transfer a ticket to a relative/loved one but this racket of scanning multiple tickets is beyond a joke.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Stoner wrote: »
    I think they do want to get rid of it.
    They want more control over the championship tickets, they don't like the fact that you can get tickets without contributing to a club.
    I see the logic in it. Just doesn't suit me.

Fully agree with you on that. And I do think they are "losing" money. I'm probably over shooting it but the GAA are more about the business than the fans anymore.
    Considering the attendance swell that Dub and Mayo ST holders bring to games its incredible.

I have to agree with AnnMarie, its way out of line.

That said I know of one lad who was thrown out in Kerry last Saturday, went out twice, scanned, went out a third time and was spotted.
    Can't have sympathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I have to say I love how easily rumours start, because of one email restating what every Season ticket holders has known for years.

You cannot scan multiple tickets.
    You cannot use a Juvenile ticket if you are an Adult etc.
    You cannot pass ticket randomly outside a ground.

http://www.gaa.ie/mm/Document/GaaIe/Tickets/13/56/50/GAASeasonTicket2017_TermsConditions_Neutral.pdf

It’s nothing new.

I’ve never once heard the GAA saying they want rid of Season tickets, they are a guaranteed revenue stream every year from which the GAA can actually make money if a person only attends the minimum 60% of games to guarantee an AI Final ticket.

I for one would stop attending games it they stopped the scheme. I haven’t missed a game home or away (including O’Byrne Cup) since Dublin played Donegal in April 2013 & the only reason I missed that was because I was dying with the worst dose of the flu EVER….

For the usual political reason I’m no longer affiliated to a Club and even if I was still a member it wouldn’t guarantee me an AI Final ticket if Dublin reached it as demand always outweighs supply. Hence why the Season Ticket is so important to me and I’m sure anyone else who has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They just told me my ticket didn't scan in Tullamore and I'm the only one who had this issue. The only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

celticbest wrote: »
    I have to say I love how easily rumours start, because of one email restating what every Season ticket holders has known for years.

You cannot scan multiple tickets.
    You cannot use a Juvenile ticket if you are an Adult etc.
    You cannot pass ticket randomly outside a ground.

http://www.gaa.ie/mm/Document/GaaIe/Tickets/13/56/50/GAASeasonTicket2017_TermsConditions_Neutral.pdf

It’s nothing new.

I’ve never once heard the GAA saying they want rid of Season tickets, they are a guaranteed revenue stream every year from which the GAA can actually make money if a person only attends the minimum 60% of games to guarantee an AI Final ticket.

I for one would stop attending games it they stopped the scheme. I haven’t missed a game home or away (including O’Byrne Cup) since Dublin played Donegal in April 2013 & the only reason I missed that was because I was dying with the worst dose of the flu EVER….

For the usual political reason I’m no longer affiliated to a Club and even if I was still a member it wouldn’t guarantee me an AI Final ticket if Dublin reached it as demand always outweighs supply. Hence why the Season Ticket is so important to me and I’m sure anyone else who has one.

They are making the scheme less attractive by increasing the price in the recent years and also by their no tolerance policy on scanning issues. They are also guilty of moving season ticket users into corners of the stadium for finals to make way for the Average Joe supporter. Now I know everyone cant sit in the "good seats" but when you are sitting in a good central stand seat for every game in the AI series and all of a sudden you're in 301 of the Cusack Stand for the final. This hasnt happened to me but has happened to friends and clubmates so Ive no grudge in this regard, just making a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Heads up for any season ticket holders wanting to go to the intermidiate and junior finals in Croke Park. Season tickets holders can attend for free. Just need your card and entry via Hogan stand, unreserved seating.

AIB GAA Junior and Intermediate Club Championship Finals February 18th & 19th at Croke Park - ST Account: ********
    A Chara,
    Your 2017 GAA Season Ticket covers entry to the AIB GAA Junior and Intermediate Club Championship Finals at Croke Park on February 18th & 19th.
    If you wish to attend the club finals this weekend simply present your Season Ticket card for scanning at the Hogan Stand turnstiles. Please note that only the Lower Hogan Stand is open on both days and unreserved seating will be in operation.
    Le meas,
    GAA Ticket Office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Quick question, says on Gaa tickets.ie "all Allianz league matches in your code I.e football or hurling"
    So if I have a season ticket, can I go and watch any league match so long as it's a Gaelic and not hurling match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Quick question, says on Gaa tickets.ie "all Allianz league matches in your code I.e football or hurling"
    So if I have a season ticket, can I go and watch any league match so long as it's a Gaelic and not hurling match?

Yip, but its code specific, football OR hurling. I've done it a good few times. Sent my tickets for dublin game to a mate in Dublin even though we were in Tralee at same time. Croker games tough are print out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I'm in Tralee for the Kerry v Dublin game so was going to go to it. I'm from neither county.
    Thank you

I thought it was county and code specific?

statto25 wrote: »
    I thought it was county and code specific?

Code specific yes. Have a look the next time the dubs are playing at home. Go into "special purchases" in your admin. Option there to order tickets to print out for the match. Every other venue just need to bring your season ticket card.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Code specific yes. Have a look the next time the dubs are playing at home. Go into "special purchases" in your admin. Option there to order tickets to print out for the match. Every other venue just need to bring your season ticket card.

That is brand new information! Cheers Mick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Seems I didnt attend Fermanagh - Galway as per the technology. And as there were no scanning issues at that match, it will not be updated. There were a hell of a lot of issues from where I was looking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seems I didnt attend Fermanagh - Galway as per the technology. And as there were no scanning issues at that match, it will not be updated. There were a hell of a lot of issues from where I was looking!

My dads card was scanned at the kilkenny game last sunday and on his attendence hes down as 'not attended'. I sent an email to them last night and they wrote back saying 'They depend on locals volunteers to update the records and to check the attendence later in the week'. As it was a gift we have the same account and i was checked off as 'Attended' early monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

One way you cut out people sharing cards and scanning issues.

1. Put photos on the damn things
    2. Then use handheld scanners and check the person presenting the card matches the picture and print them a ticket to shwo they atteneded should there be any scanning issues.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My dads card was scanned at the kilkenny game last sunday and on his attendence hes down as 'not attended'. I sent an email to them last night and they wrote back saying 'They depend on locals volunteers to update the records and to check the attendence later in the week'. As it was a gift we have the same account and i was checked off as 'Attended' early monday

I am not too pushed about the attendance being recorded. As a Galway fan, the likelihood of it meaning anything at the end of the year isn't high! However, the response I got that there were no issues at the game when I witnessed issues first hand - that annoyed me!

We've been having these issues for a few years now in Mayo. They will not listen or entertain you, no matter how many emails you send them. A little history,

http://mayoclub51.com/category/season-tickets/

March 2014
    http://mayoclub51.com/season-tickets-scanned-cork-match/

March 2014 - Update
    http://mayoclub51.com/gaa-season-ticket-scanning-problems-an-update/

February 2015 - New Self Scanning for Season Tickets Introduced at MacHale Park
    http://mayoclub51.com/new-season-ticket-self-scanning/

April 2016
    http://mayoclub51.com/quick-update-croke-park-season-ticket-scanning-attendance-problems/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I'm in Tralee for the Kerry v Dublin game so was going to go to it. I'm from neither county.
    Thank you

Kerry v Dublin will be all-ticket, so you will need to use the Special Purchase option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

irishgeo wrote: »
    One way you cut out people sharing cards and scanning issues.

1. Put photos on the damn things
    2. Then use handheld scanners and check the person presenting the card matches the picture and print them a ticket to shwo they atteneded should there be any scanning issues.

1. Will push up the cost of production of the season ticket for the GAA, will the savings be enough to justify it?

2. Will delay entry at the stadium, will the cost of manning extra stiles be enough? What about the Dubs in Croke Park in a Leinster final? The queues for stiles are already very long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

blanch152 wrote: »
    1. Will push up the cost of production of the season ticket for the GAA, will the savings be enough to justify it?

2. Will delay entry at the stadium, will the cost of manning extra stiles be enough? What about the Dubs in Croke Park in a Leinster final? The queues for stiles are already very long.

It's perfectly manageable, from a crowd management point of view. There are only 5000 ST holders in an 82,000 seater stadium. Announce ahead of time, that attendees must present their season ticket photo ID card at the turnstile. You don't get in, if you aren't the person in the photo. Tell people to allow extra time for photo ID cards to be inspected. If you don't get there in time, tough. If people miss throw in often enough, they'll know not to be tardy in future.

But that is from a crowd management point of view at Croker. Croker is unique. What goes on at grounds around the country is a different story. The GAA have shown themselves to be incapable of managing the simple process of registering ST holders attendance at games, using handheld scanners.

Year after year, its the same old story....machines not scanning. Aul lads at the gate, not knowing what they are doing. Machines not beeping the way that they should. Scanners not arriving from HQ, so attendees ST numbers being written down by hand. Ringing HQ the week after a game, to find out if your attendance was registered and being told to sod off. Snotty emails from HQ reiterating that you are kindly invited to sod off yet again, as they had no reports of faulty scanners at grounds, so what you saw with your own eyes can not possibly be true. On and on it goes, rinse and repeat.

God only knows all the weird and wonderful new ways they would find to fcuk it all up even more, if they introduced photo ID cards. :rolleyes:

Same story with me in Tullamore. I sent an email, showed a pic of the card getting scanned and they changed it 5 minutes after I sent the email/them saying they can't manually update.

You're better off getting in touch now because I heard Pearse Stadium scanners are unreliable too.

Same story with me in Tullamore. I sent an email, showed a pic of the card getting scanned and they changed it 5 minutes after I sent the email/them saying they can't manually update.

You're better off getting in touch now because I heard Pearse Stadium scanners are unreliable too.

You took a picture of the card being scanned?!

Yep. Any st holder I know from Galway or Mayo have told me it's the only way they'll fix any issues on their end. It seems crazy but it's already worked for me personally. In fairness the ticket office staff seem to understand how ****e the scanners are but they have to tow the line.

Yep. Any st holder I know from Galway or Mayo have told me it's the only way they'll fix any issues on their end. It seems crazy but it's already worked for me personally. In fairness the ticket office staff seem to understand how ****e the scanners are but they have to tow the line.

Cool - thanks for the tip. I guess I'll do that from now on.

I know it's silly but it does actually help. It's a big annoyance to travel to an away game and not have your attendance noted. Until the GAA sort out their scanners it's better to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Stoner wrote: »
    I think they do want to get rid of it.
    They want more control over the championship tickets, they don't like the fact that you can get tickets without contributing to a club.
    I see the logic in it. Just doesn't suit me.

That is an issue. The amount of tickets that clubs have gotten for last few years Dublin/Mayo games - in both counties - has been way down. That is due to large number of season and county board pass holders in both.

I used to play and be involved after that in my own club so always got tickets that way but it was getting a bit random, and to be honest I felt bad about claiming tickets when no longer closely involved.

Started to use Parnell Pass then and it is a gift. It is also way, as is ST, of loyal supporters getting tickets who are no longer active club members. However, I do see the issue regarding clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I know it's silly but it does actually help. It's a big annoyance to travel to an away game and not have your attendance noted. Until the GAA sort out their scanners it's better to be on the safe side.
    How do you prove which game it is for ? Date on watch ? Or does it show up on scanner

km79 wrote: »
    How do you prove which game it is for ? Date on watch ? Or does it show up on scanner
    Worst case scenario they'll know who was working that ticket turnstile. I asked the stewart the last day if it was OK to take the pic and he said I wasn't the first to ask him that day so they're sound once you're polite. They all know the issues with scanning season tickets too.

• Advertisement

Worst case scenario they'll know who was working that ticket turnstile. I asked the stewart the last day if it was OK to take the pic and he said I wasn't the first to ask him that day so they're sound once you're polite. They all know the issues with scanning season tickets too.

That's been done here by Mayo fans, for years, photos and video. Croke Park still refused to update cards not recorded properly for attendance. There is a printed list (or there should be) at every season ticket stile of season ticket holders for that match. You should ask (as it says in the T&C's, that you should mak every effort to ensure your attendance is recorded correctly) that you name be manually marked off as attended on that list.

This actually used be the way it was done when I first got the season ticket when it came out in 2009. It was a bit of a pain but there were only 2 or 3 hundred names on the list at that time. Caused a bit of delay a few years ago in Donegal with lots asking to be marked off the list manually, after lots of Mayo fans had trouble scanning in Castlebar at the previous match.

Did not know about the list. Cheers!

Just so ye know I definitely only had my attendance noted for the last day because I complained (w/evidence) so they absolute are able to manually edit the attendance. That's a lie on the GAA's part.

Just so ye know I definitely only had my attendance noted for the last day because I complained (w/evidence) so they absolute are able to manually edit the attendance. That's a lie on the GAA's part.

I know they can update it manually, and they have done in the past. Its the fact that they did now, but for Dublin and Mayo supporters they point blank refuse to (and thats down to the widespread abuse of the scheme by some fans). Did you have a look at the links I posted previously?

Some of our woes here (some long detailed posts!)

We've been having these issues for a few years now in Mayo. They will not listen or entertain you, no matter how many emails you send them. A little history,

http://mayoclub51.com/category/season-tickets/

March 2014
    http://mayoclub51.com/season-tickets...ed-cork-match/

March 2014 - Update
    http://mayoclub51.com/gaa-season-tic...ems-an-update/

February 2015 - New Self Scanning for Season Tickets Introduced at MacHale Park
    http://mayoclub51.com/new-season-ticket-self-scanning/

April 2016
    http://mayoclub51.com/quick-update-c...ance-problems/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Was in walsh park for tipp vs waterford yesterday. As I was heading in through the stile with my season ticket the lad in front of me handed in 3 tickets.the lad in the stile scanned all 3 tickets handed them back and let 1 man in without a word being uttered between the 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was in walsh park for tipp vs waterford yesterday. As I was heading in through the stile with my season ticket the lad in front of me handed in 3 tickets.the lad in the stile scanned all 3 tickets handed them back and let 1 man in without a word being uttered between the 2

Good!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭howiya

Good!!!

Why is it good? People shouldn't be rewarded for loyalty if they don't have any

No issues with the st this week. Updated this morning. They don't have the list of names in Pearse Stadium though.

as i have 2 season tickets in my account (one mine and one a gift) would i get the option of buying 2x Bring a friend tickets when its available ???. I imagine next weekends Croke Park double header will have the option ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

PTH2009 wrote:
    as i have 2 season tickets in my account (one mine and one a gift) would i get the option of buying 2x Bring a friend tickets when its available ???. I imagine next weekends Croke Park double header will have the option ??
    You usually get the option to bring four friends, so I wouldn't worry unless there are 10 of you going.

You usually get the option to bring four friends, so I wouldn't worry unless there are 10 of you going.

cool but do Dublin and Mayo have there own version of the ST independent to the GAA ST and only the Waterford supporters will be using the ST option ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

PTH2009 wrote:
    cool but do Dublin and Mayo have there own version of the ST independent to the GAA ST and only the Waterford supporters will be using the ST option ??
    Dublin have season separate tickets for hurling and football like everyone else and a Parnell Pass (which covers hurling and football but only in Parnell/Croke Park) which is run by the county board completely independent of the ST.
    I know Mayo have a normal season ticket just like Dublin and everyone else, but I can't say if their county board has a scheme similar to the Parnell Pass.

Waterford, Mayo, Dublin hurling and Dublin football season ticket holders will all be using the same season ticket option. In addition to that there will be Parnell Pass holders and the Mayo version if it exists.

Edit:Just realised that if there is a Mayo equivalent of PP it wouldn't matter as the game is in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Unlike 2 weeks ago where Kerry had the usual hand held scanners and were able to update the attendance record on Sunday morning the Castlebar self scanning system will probably be mid week before attendance is updated.
    Although I wouldn't be too suprised if there are complaints of none attendance as I heard there was several problems with the scanners and I saw at least 1
    steward just let people in without season tickets being scanned.
    Kinda makes a mockery of the email from Croke Park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Cork hurling season ticket holder, any idea why my account says opt outs: 0/1? I thought they were only available for championship matches..

Pearse stadium updated this morning

• Advertisement

Some ****e sections showing up for the CP double header next Sat, should be unreserved seating

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Some ****e sections showing up for the CP double header next Sat, should be unreserved seating

Perhaps they're expecting a very big crowd for an attractive double header?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Perhaps they're expecting a very big crowd for an attractive double header?

maybe

Is there a special turnstile in Croke Park that we can get our cards scanned to update our attendence or does printing out our tickets mean our attendence will be updated ???

maybe

Is there a special turnstile in Croke Park that we can get our cards scanned to update our attendence or does printing out our tickets mean our attendence will be updated ???

The printout has your name on it same as ST Card and they scan that instead.

statto25 wrote: »
    The printout has your name on it same as ST Card and they scan that instead.

cool will bring my card just incase

got too love the long walk to the Cusack side

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement