Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

There's a waiting list supposedly for both counties (Mayo & Dublin). I had been advised that I was well down the list 170+ or so for Mayo season ticket.

However, the email advising me that tickets were going on sale said it would be on a first come first served basis.

Make of that what you will. I think the GAA's interpretation of what a waiting list is might differ from that of the normal supporter.

Think i've read that on here before. All those on the waiting list get the same email and its up to themselves to act quicker than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

howiya wrote: »
    Think i've read that on here before. All those on the waiting list get the same email and its up to themselves to act quicker than the rest.

I've actually no issue with that to be honest. But I didn't get an email!!! And I'm supposedly on the waiting list.

---

I wrote to them last night and this is the response I got:
    GAA wrote:
    Hi BonnieSituation,

Thank you for your email.

We sent an email out yesterday to everyone on our Dublin season ticket waiting list to advise that no Dublin season tickets had become available.

We had very very close to 100% renewal rate so unfortunately no tickets became available for the 2017 season.

Kind regards,

GAA TICKET OFFICE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

Nearly a month now when I applied for a Waterford season ticket and still no word . How long does it normally take for them to process it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

decies wrote: »
    Nearly a month now when I applied for a Waterford season ticket and still no word . How long does it normally take for them to process it ?

Should be out in the post next week at the latest. Said they would be out for Christmas. Any orders after the 4th Dec will be processed in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2x Waterford Hurling tickets arrived today

I doubt I will make the club finals on Paddy's day, could I give them away to someone ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

PTH2009 wrote: »

I doubt I will make the club finals on Paddy's day, could I give them away to someone ???

Yes. They're print-at-home tickets in your Season Ticket account. But you can always hand over your season tickets to someone else as well anyway.

---

2 * Dublin tickets landed this morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

That's very decent of you.Yes when the time comes you could e mail somebody the PDF file for said tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

There's usually a thread on here with people looking for freebies for the club finals if you don't know anyone to pass them on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

Mine ordered 5th of November they do take a while apparently 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

seligehgit wrote: »
    That's very decent of you.Yes when the time comes you could e mail somebody the PDF file for said tickets.

Anyone who wants it can PM around the time and I'll mail it to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

First lot of season tickets delivered. Some in Mayo got them yesterday.

First lot of season tickets delivered. Some in Mayo got them yesterday.

Got mine yesterday.

Got mine yesterday.

None here for me yet. Think its the same every year, seems to be in alphabetical order as there're posted out. Now if I'm still waiting this day week....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

Dublin season tickets (renewals) arrived on Wednesday. None for the kids (on the waiting list) unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I don't think you can use the season ticket for any club games other than your own county? In fact you could not use them for a Waterford football match.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I don't think you can use the season ticket for any club games other than your own county? In fact you could not use them for a Waterford football match.

I don't believe you can use the season ticket for any club games,even those of one's own county.

I don't believe you can use the season ticket for any club games,even those of one's own county.

It used to be an option, but think you had to pay extra. Not sure if it still applies,but that chap certainly won't get tickets for the club finals with a Waterford hurling ticket.

Can't understand why other counties with good chance of reaching semis or finals in either code do not have similar to Dublin and Mayo's county pass.

Or do they? Not heard of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You get into the club finals on paddys day with any season ticket. Print the tickets off from the website,

adrian522 wrote: »
    You get into the club finals on paddys day with any season ticket. Print the tickets off from the website,

Does it?

I do remember there used to be option for paying extra for county club games, but didn't think you could use it for finals involving other counties.

Good idea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah there is a club+ option that you can add on to get all club games included. That's about €100 for the year extra. The club finals is included for everyone though. I think they added that to justify one of their price rises a few years ago.

Good idea as you say as it gets a few more into Croke Park on Paddys day which is always a good thing.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »

I've been passing on my season tickets to supporters of competing clubs on Paddy's day for the last 6 or 7 years. Any season ticket also will get you into any league match fro any county, code specific.

It used to be an option, but think you had to pay extra. Not sure if it still applies,but that chap certainly won't get tickets for the club finals with a Waterford hurling ticket.

Can't understand why other counties with good chance of reaching semis or finals in either code do not have similar to Dublin and Mayo's county pass.

Or do they? Not heard of them.

I do not believe outside of our Cairdre Maigheo pass and the Parnell Park pass any other counties have a similar scheme.

My season tickets arrived this morning, was starting to get worried! Must have been stuck to the bottom of the posties bag :D

I do not believe outside of our Cairdre Maigheo pass and the Parnell Park pass any other counties have a similar scheme.

You would wonder why. Must be great source of income for county boards, and does away with a lot of the messing over ticket allocations.

It has also hugely boosted Dublin club championship attendances. Not sure if same applies down your way?

You would wonder why. Must be great source of income for county boards, and does away with a lot of the messing over ticket allocations.

It has also hugely boosted Dublin club championship attendances. Not sure if same applies down your way?

TBH I do not believe it has boosted club championship attendances down here.Maybe the demand for same is'nt as great amongst supporters in the other counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

mayo.mick wrote: »
    My season tickets arrived this morning, was starting to get worried! Must have been stuck to the bottom of the posties bag :D

Mine arrived just now and I'm so excited I could burst :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

What are the chances if I ordered today that it would arrive by the start of the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Every county has the same opportunity to purchase either the standard season ticket or the club+ option...not just mayo and dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

jj72 wrote: »
    Every county has the same opportunity to purchase either the standard season ticket or the club+ option...not just mayo and dublin

Cairde Maigh Eo & Parnell Pass are issued by Mayo and Dublin County Boards, as far as I'm aware (I stand open to correction)no other Counties issue their own passes.

However there is an option for Club+ on all Counties GAA Season Tickets in both codes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

celticbest wrote: »
    Cairde Maigh Eo & Parnell Pass are issued by Mayo and Dublin County Boards, as far as I'm aware (I stand open to correction)no other Counties issue their own passes.

However there is an option for Club+ on all Counties GAA Season Tickets in both codes.

I'm pretty sure they are all under the one umbrella now. Everyone heads to seasontickets.ie to buy either the cairde (club+) or the standard season ticket. I think the parnell pass is same...wouldn't be sure

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement