Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City 2:15pm Sunday

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

magnificent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The reaction in the media to our win and performance has been very encouraging.

I don't know, I've had mixed emotions about the media this season.

Before the match some people spoke in the media about our players and said they could go on and join 'big' clubs. Or how Poch is doing a great job at Spurs so he might 'get a move'.

The talk before (by pundits) and throughout (by commentattors) the City match was all about how great City have been. How amazing Guardiola has been. How sexy this passing back to Bravo has been.

Then after the match I've watched football TV programmes, listened to football podcasts and read various types of written media and they all seem to talk about how bad City played on Sunday.....

And I'm sitting here and thinking to myself WHAT THE F*CK - why isn't anyone talking about how well we played, how we absolutely dominated the 'best' team in the league, how we've had the best start to a season ever, how our players all signed contracts because this is the club they want to be at and there's no 'bigger' clubs, how we've been one of the two best teams in the league for the last two seasons..... the list goes on and my frustration grows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Frustrations?

I'd be happy if we fly under the radar for the season. I couldn't give two fúcks about the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Frustrations?

I'd be happy if we fly under the radar for the season. I couldn't give two fúcks about the media.

Couldn't agree more. I always hear Spurs fans asking for us to be taken seriously, recognised as titles contenders etc. We haven't won the title for donkey's years and we have a recent history of letting opportunities slip. I'd be quite happy for nobody in the media to take us seriously until it's absolutely impossible not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

And I'm sitting here and thinking to myself WHAT THE F*CK - why isn't anyone talking about how well we played, how we absolutely dominated the 'best' team in the league, how we've had the best start to a season ever, how our players all signed contracts because this is the club they want to be at and there's no 'bigger' clubs, how we've been one of the two best teams in the league for the last two seasons..... the list goes on and my frustration grows.

I find that a nice cup of camomile tea will sort that out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement