Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City 2:15pm Sunday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

2 lads fighting over the penalty.if son was supposed to take it lamela deserves a kick in the balls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Son and Lamela wrestling for the ball to take the penalty. Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Alli was free, bad decision by Lamella.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

More greed from son won't pass the fubbing ball

Great save Hugo.

• Advertisement

Please get nkodou on his pace could really hurt city on the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Nearly there,come on Spurs!!

Lamela doing his best to get city back into this

4 mins jeez

Huge win , back 4 were superb, Wanyama as sissoko were too.lads up front played their part.what a start to the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Pochettino played a blinder with the line up and game plan.

Don't know how the players maintained the energy for 90 minutes, we're like vermin.

God, I love Alderweireld.

Clean sheet, unbeaten...happy Sunday!

avoid-eye-contact-bad-flirt.gif

Yes!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What a win. Absolutely perfect from everyone out there. Fupping delighted! :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Hell of a result and more importantly following a CL game.

Only unbeaten team in the league :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Right then, is it time to start getting proper excited about this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Brilliant win,hard to pick a MOTM,all heroes today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Absolutely outstanding. We have a serious squad. Wanyama was amazing. Sissoko put in a great shift. Our centre halves are the best in the league. Great to be a Spurs fan at this moment in time

£12 million for Wanyama folks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

My MOTM has to Wanyama. His work rate and tackling were brilliant as usual, though it was his composure on the ball in the middle of the park that impressed me today - I didn't think he had it in his locker when we signed him, but he was able to ball with the best today.

I'm still not convinced by Sissoko on the right wing. In a fully fit team I don't see him starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I'm still not convinced by Sissoko on the right wing. In a fully fit team I don't see him starting.

We have a fair few light midfielders but Sissoko offers presence and strength, something we had in Chadli.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

Lamella had a few missed tackles to day if made would have gotten a red,on a positive note Son,Rose,Alderweild,Vertonghen and Lloris were excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

We have a fair few light midfielders but Sissoko offers presence and strength, something we had in Chadli.

Yeah, I know what you mean. He's a good player. Though I think he's more suited to centre midfield (doing the Dembele role), rather than mixing it up with Eriksen, Alli and the lads behind the striker. He's not creative/dynamic enough to play in the attacking midfield three.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Yeah, I know what you mean. He's a good player. Though I think he's more suited to centre midfield (doing the Dembele role), rather than mixing it up with Eriksen, Alli and the lads behind the striker. He's not creative/dynamic enough to play in the attacking midfield three.

Same thoughts.

Any clarification on who was supposed to take penalties today?

abff wrote: »

Dying to know that too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

abff wrote: »

Seems not. Poch lets players decide. Senior player Lamela is one suggestion. Son was having a better game and has been onfire.
    Personally think it should be decided before game starts. Disagreement can happen if peno taker is off the pitch. If Harry was on pitch it wouldn't have been a problem!!

Having just seen MOTD and watching SKY earlier it was great to see to Arsheroes giving us praise over media favourites S***ty..Henry and Wright.
    :):pac::):pac::D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

prodsc wrote: »
    Seems not. Poch lets players decide. Senior player Lamela is one suggestion. Son was having a better game and has been onfire.
    Personally think it should be decided before game starts. Disagreement can happen if peno taker is off the pitch. If Harry was on pitch it wouldn't have been a problem!!

Having just seen MOTD and watching SKY earlier it was great to see to Arsheroes giving us praise over media favourites S***ty..Henry and Wright.
    :):pac::):pac::D

I'm not a fan of that. I like to see them both wanting to take it (to borrow Brendan Rodgers quote it shows character) but arguing over it during the game makes us look disorganised and at odds with other. Equally, I'm sure on a level Son was delighted when it didn't go in which can never be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The reaction in the media to our win and performance has been very encouraging.

Slightly disappointed that our momentum has been interrupted by the international break.

Still don't think Poch has figured out our strongest starting XI yet but even with 3 or 4 changes the team isn't weakened as all the players are desperate to come and impress in what is an extremely competitive squad now.

Advertisement