Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Big Es personality was made him shine in WWE. He stands out because of ability to connect with the Audience.

He loses that, he is just like everyone else. If he evolves like he has been on Talking Smack he will be fine.

Let him be himself turned up to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,100 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who is WWE's current top face?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Drew 'I may be bleeding on the brain, but I can fight in a week or so' McIntyre

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good question. In typical WWE style they don’t know how to book faces. It seems they want to push the Fiend as the top face. But I don’t see how he will connect with a younger audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭ThePott

I noticed this more recently with NXT.
    There doesn't seem to be any top babyface there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

McIntyre. A sad state of affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They have flip flopped or buried nearly every wrestler so much that it's so hard for them to make a true Babyface or Heel anymore.

They can't even make a proper anti-hero anymore either as the whole roster has been burnt.

Loughc wrote: »
    Good question. In typical WWE style they don’t know how to book faces. It seems they want to push the Fiend as the top face. But I don’t see how he will connect with a younger audience.

My daughter is afraid of him, but enjoyed Roman spearing him.

So hes over as a heel with her, shes 5..... cant see her ever liking him unless he takes out Orton (the biggest bag guy to her since he kicked Flair and HBK.)

WWE works at her level. She gets invested and cant get enough.

However, problem us not enough kids like her watch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    My daughter is afraid of him, but enjoyed Roman spearing him.

So hes over as a heel with her, shes 5..... cant see her ever liking him unless he takes out Orton (the biggest bag guy to her since he kicked Flair and HBK.)

WWE works at her level. She gets invested and cant get enough.

However, problem us not enough kids like her watch

Sorry what I meant was I don’t see how the Fiend will connect with the younger audience as a face. He is literally designed to give kids the pg audience nightmares.

Are Raw & SD now rated as PG?

Especially with RAW underground, drowning people in swamps, throwing petrol bombs and all that carry on?

• Advertisement

Especially with RAW underground, drowning people in swamps, throwing petrol bombs and all that carry on?

They’ve been PG for years now. And still are afaik.

Yep still rated PG despite the slightly edgier product.

They need new viewers, they need younger viewers. Parents just wont let WWE into their homes like they used to.

If WWE or AEW got some form of a Netflix deal it would go along way to opening up their product to a new audience.

Loughc wrote: »
    Sorry what I meant was I don’t see how the Fiend will connect with the younger audience as a face. He is literally designed to give kids the pg audience nightmares.

I agree. I cant see her getting behind him.

It could be done, maybe in the same way Taker turned face with Alexa in the Elizabeth role.

If he is to turn face, he needs to drop the fun house.

That said I just cant warm to the charcter and I think it be a difficult job selling this demonic charcter as a good guy.

Id rather just Bray be himself if hes to turn, no hillblly ****, no fiend.... just the talented guy behind it. Like when Taker becane the american bad ass. .... but without Kid Rock and the motorcycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

McIntyre. A sad state of affairs.

He's the top one. You've Bryan too when he comes back, and then guys like Rey, Domenik, Black, Big E/Kofi/Woods, Keith Lee, Ali etc.

I mean if intention is to have Reigns as heel champion, i'd rather they moved Wyatt to Raw and have him in a program with McIntyre, and then can have McIntyre move towards a heel and Lee take him down at WM. Lee and Orton probably have a few months of a feud going, and then Lee could go after US title.

Could have Big E, if they have those plans for him, or Bryan go after Reigns at WM then.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,100 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Styles and Heyman all good again or is Styles going to Raw on his return?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

So we have Big E v Riddle v Sheamus v Corbin in a #1 contenders match tonight.

With them clearly pushing Riddle( and especially E), would it not make more sense to hold back on having one of them face Reigns at Mania? E is really gathering major baby face momentum ala Kofi from his appearances on Talking Smack and is defintely a Rumble contender in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Could give big e the chance against roman and just falls short roman gives it the your not on my level yet big e then keeps going through the heels till the rumble to prove himself

That constant fan hum is just way to annoying.

I felt Paul E did more to get himself over in that promo than he did Roman.

So much behind the scenes crap that the average fan wouldn’t know about.

Snatch Pikey Sheamus is actually great.

• Advertisement

Snatch Pikey Sheamus is actually great.

Hes becominga very enertaining mid card heel. He was so stale when he returned but hes showing much more confident arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So you can now pin the illegal opponent and the ref doesn't care?? Good to know......

Bayley and Banks are living off a match they had 6 years ago on a Takeover that some think they are Flair Steamboat after that when in fact they are really just midcard talent at best.

Must say Sasha sold like a boss in that match. Really put over Bazler.

I liked the Bayley turn. I knew it was coming eventually but didnt see it happening tonight. Bayley being extra vicious was a welcome occurance. Now keep Banks off until the Rumble.

Have to disagree, I think they're both great to be honest.

Ambulance crew are busy tonight that is two now taken to a local medical centre

centre

Facility :D

Have to disagree, I think they're both great to be honest.

Youre both right.

Banks and Bayley have both the chops to be main eventers.

However WWE have spent so much time presenting them as less than that since 2016 that its hard to see them as main eventers.

Im ok with an Uso v Reigns feud.... if done right.

Though how he is getting a chance after being off TV for ages is beyond me.

Similar for Sheamus and Corbin who both lost on Sunday.

• Advertisement

WWE ripping off Brandi's Heels thing.

Advertisement