Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Maybe unmask some of Retribution. Nope. Same old same old.

Looked like one was accidentally partially unmasked but couldn't tell who it was.
    When they appeared at the beginning, I was sure they were going to be ruined. But then the Fiend disappeared and even when attacking Braun, I was sure he would power out and knock them all down. But nope, so not too bad.

For Sonya, they shouldn't have had Dana make the comment about what happened her. Shouldn't mention it at all. Not because they should ignore it, but because anyone that has read about it, or will read about it after watching that, will see Mandy was staying with her which goes against the storyline.

Don't think AJ should've lost. If only he knew a lawyer that may be able to help sort out that injustice.

Bray has such long legs that you could see his feet when his back hit the ground after that drop. :)

Once again, I'm not a fan of roll up pins, like how Big E beat Sheamus. They're cheap and it doesn't really help Big E. The 24/7 title just shows how cheap they are.

I agree the Miz is looking very suspicious.

As for the Thunderdome, at least the set now resembles the Smackdown opening. I do find the video screens distracting at times. And now they're pumping in the crowd noise though sounds more like background noise. They had booing for Sonya, but I think she'd get a mixed reaction, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

With the week Sonya has had, she cut one hell of a promo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭ThePott

CastorTroy wrote: »
    because anyone that has read about it, or will read about it after watching that, will see Mandy was staying with her which goes against the storyline.
    It kinda seemed like Mandy basically alluded to being there in her promo anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Are these show now "live" or still taped in segments and pieced together?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Miz and Big E talk about Kofi on Talking Smack.

https://streamable.com/gs95mb

Miz thrives on these shows. And considering what we talked about above, there does feel there could be some subtle development there for Miz too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Miz and his dark order of 20 tiny wrestlers.

One of the women looked about the size of Kacy Catanzaro

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I will say, Smackdown didnt suck. It wasnt great but it wasnt unwatchable either.

Aj and Hardy could have been so much better. While they told a good story, it was hamstrung by the leg injury angle as neither could show their strengths, eg high flying ability, athletisn.

Big E and Sheamo was fine, but I hated the outside distractions and the finish.

Mandy and Sonya cut good promos.

I hate beat the clock challenges, it didnt help any involved.

Bray and Braun is so corny but its enjoyable nonsense.

Miz being late is a red herring IMO but like many Id like to see him involved in a serious angle. Hes good at comedy but he can be so much better.

Hope Kalisto turns heel but I feel he will be an after thought after a few weeks.

Basically very little Corbin so thats a big positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reigns returns for "title match contract signing"

Old man Vince trying to be threatening and Menacing is quiet sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

AJ and his bootcuts.

Sami is back now so I guess the pandemic is over in the States.

Adam Pearce has got more TV time since he caught Covid-19 than he had in the previous 6 years in the WWE as a back stage coach/producer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sami is back now so I guess the pandemic is over in the States.

Or they're actually testing these days.....

Wow did they really just cut to an ad break in the middle of Riddle's promo.

So is shorty G heel or face??

Olympic wrestler vs ufc fighter..... Less than 3 minutes..... I love wwe but they make it difficult sometimes.

So Roman is the newest Heyman Guy then.

Good old fashioned swerve.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Roman Reigns character development?

Hang on, I’m fairly certain that’s illegal!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Give me a Paul hey man led Roman vs big e main event of wrestlemania

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Heyman with Roman feels like 5 years too late but I suppose it's better than what we've been getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Roman Reigns character development?

Hang on, I’m fairly certain that’s illegal!?!

Make the ending look strong.

Good show all round, I thought. Maybe there are benefits to having to do all the buildup in a week. :P

Please stop showing the Firefly Fun House as a physical set that can be visited though. Would have been better if the passive aggressive USPS/Mr Rogers bit was just how Wyatt was perceiving it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Heyman with Roman feels like 5 years too late but I suppose it's better than what we've been getting.

Unless we see Heyman trying to get Roman to win at any costs (e.g. cheating etc) but he cant do it and turns on Heyman

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got to love the Sami Zayn beard
    Zayn vs Hardy vs Styles could be epic

Hard to care about King Corb, Shorty G and Riddle

Kalisto or any other masked wrestler as a bad guy doesn't seem right

Roman with Heyman is exciting and hopefully it doesn't end up like when was it Cesaro and Curtis Axl. Another reason for getting Reigns vs Brock down the line

Retribution must of been taking the night off

Unlike Cesaro and Axel, Vince actually cares about Roman.
    Now if only we could've heard what was being said most of the time during Roman's bits. They really need to turn down the volume. When they were live you could barely hear the fans for the backstage bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Good development on Smackdown. Reigns and Heymans alliance is an interesting one and its got me curious to say the least.

It just shows you, that with a decent angle WWE can turn it around. I just have zero faith they will sustain it.

Build Roman up as the bad guy. Slowly build Big E as the gutsy underdog who never wins the big one.

Have Roman run over Strowman, Wyatt, Goldberg (hes coming back whether I like it or not).

Have Big E get the slow, yet protected face push. Let him get past Sheamus Corbin, Strowman and Wyatt to face Reigns. Hes got the passion, the ability and the personality to be the Bkack star they always searched for.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Good development on Smackdown. Reigns and Heymans alliance is an interesting one and its got me curious to say the least.

It just shows you, that with a decent angle WWE can turn it around. I just have zero faith they will sustain it.

Build Roman up as the bad guy. Slowly build Big E as the gutsy underdog who never wins the big one.

Have Roman run over Strowman, Wyatt, Goldberg (hes coming back whether I like it or not).

Have Big E get the slow, yet protected face push. Let him get past Sheamus Corbin, Strowman and Wyatt to face Reigns. Hes got the passion, the ability and the personality to be the Bkack star they always searched for.

That's a great idea!

I'd love Roman to being doing a promo on how he's beaten everyone there is to beat and then....

"AAAAAAWWWWWWW ROMAAAAAAAAAN, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR, CLAP FOR YOUR NEXT UNIVERSAL CHAMPION AND FEEEEEEEL THE POWEEEEEEEEERRRR!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    That's a great idea!

I'd love Roman to being doing a promo on how he's beaten everyone there is to beat and then....

"AAAAAAWWWWWWW ROMAAAAAAAAAN, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR, CLAP FOR YOUR NEXT UNIVERSAL CHAMPION AND FEEEEEEEL THE POWEEEEEEEEERRRR!"

really wish Big E would move away from the comedy new day crap

Advertisement