Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,937 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Retribution don't have the balls to go after the big stars, there sacred of Fiends, giants and high flyers

At least Nexes had a go no matter what position you're in

So Braun is going to break the Fiends spell and be friends with Alexa again. Could be a creation of a stable Fiend, Braun and Sister Abigal (Alexa Bliss)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Asuka has 2 title matches at Summerslam?

Actually liked this week's episode. Seeing Joseph Park was cool. I remember when AJ was in control of his brother. You know, Abyss.

Felt Retribution came off better this week and seems they have a better idea of who the members will be, the way the women had their hair hanging down. Couldn't place them though. And seems to be too many members to all appear unmasked.

The women's battle Royal was decent enough as well. Though how many times did they have an elimination by someone outside? When it was revealed Dana was still in it, I was worried she would win, being the last SD member.

As for the ending, what's with the screen going black before impact these days? First the punt on Ric and now dropping Alexa

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Asuka has 2 title matches at Summerslam?

Actually liked this week's episode. Seeing Joseph Park was cool. I remember when AJ was in control of his brother. You know, Abyss.

Felt Retribution came off better this week and seems they have a better idea of who the members will be, the way the women had their hair hanging down. Couldn't place them though. And seems to be too many members to all appear unmasked.

The women's battle Royal was decent enough as well. Though how many times did they have an elimination by someone outside? When it was revealed Dana was still in it, I was worried she would win, being the last SD member.

As for the ending, what's with the screen going black before impact these days? First the punt on Ric and now dropping Alexa

Im guessing to actually avoid doing the move on either? Id say Alexa lands on her feet and it was probably too risky to try and punt Flair?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Im guessing to actually avoid doing the move on either? Id say Alexa lands on her feet and it was probably too risky to try and punt Flair?

Look at the camera angles switch, and it was a pre tape, they never show the canvas for the bump, I'd bet money on a crash pad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Smackdown wasnt bad. It wasnt great but wasnt bad.

Sheamus going full Hardy Bucks is an odd choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Smackdown wasnt bad. It wasnt great but wasnt bad.

Sheamus going full Hardy Bucks is an odd choice.

Starting to look like your man out of American Gods.

Well if WWE push ahead with the awful ACDC theme song and not Tina Turners 'We don't need another hero', then im done.

This wont be a Thunderdome in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who will be Master Blaster?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Who will be Master Blaster?

Has to be Hornswoggle on the shoulders of Otis.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pointless bringing this back without Bryan and Renee...

1xOk0wx.jpg

• Advertisement

I'll admit it does look cool

Christ the fiends going to kill Vince

I think it looks great in action.

WWE hyperbole never fails to make me roll my eyes; "The Fiend, the most malevolent being in WWE history." Gangrel was more spooky than this gowl in a cheap mask.

Those Kevin Dunn camera cuts 10 mins into the show. Unwatchable for me. I'm out

What was the point in Vince been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

As if the likes of Sheamus and Corbin should logically give a crap about Retribution. Who look about as threatening as my dear departed grandmother.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What was the point in Vince been there?

Because he's a bigger draw than anyone currently on the roster.

And BT take an ad break the min the lights flash

Dana an intimidating presence at ringside.

Jeff given another who did it injury angle

What's the Spanish for splat??? Poor metallic.....

• Advertisement

Sonya vs Mandy is now a loser leaves WWE match. Sonya taking time off presumably.

didn't expect that title change

PTH2009 wrote: »
    didn't expect that title change

Still 20 minutes left

That was disappointing. All the hype about a fresh start, this is the future etc. The fans on the screens were entirely pointless, added nothing. The storylines were the same old stale stuff, OMG Bray Wyatt has become The Fiend again out of nowhere.

Retribution are about 20 on 2 and just bounce around trying to look threatening for 5 minutes until the locker room magically unites for no reason like it's the week before Survivor Series. I thought they might try something new, returns or debuts or something. Maybe unmask some of Retribution. Nope. Same old same old.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sonya vs Mandy is now a loser leaves WWE match. Sonya taking time off presumably.

Not surprising really. It’s a shame but after what happened I don’t blame her.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »

Her case is going to trial soon so she will need time off to prepare for that. The poor girl. Crazy what happened.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The retribution storyline has a sneaky undercurrent happening. The Miz has now shown up late 2 weeks in a row to fight them off. He’s either afraid or in on it.

I’m now 5% hopeful this could have some sort of payoff in mind.

Loughc wrote: »
    The retribution storyline has a sneaky undercurrent happening. The Miz has now shown up late 2 weeks in a row to fight them off. He’s either afraid or in on it.

King Corbin is the leader

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loughc wrote: »

The camera lingered on him just a second too long to be coincidental.

I will say, after being harsh on the group when they debuted, I think they've gotten better over the last week. My initial criticism were that five people, all of whom looked tiny, didn't really look intimidating at all. But 20 of them? Absolutely.

That's a small army, and a numbers game actually does have danger to it.

If it leads to the Miz getting another main level push, I am all for it.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The camera lingered on him just a second too long to be coincidental.

I will say, after being harsh on the group when they debuted, I think they've gotten better over the last week. My initial criticism were that five people, all of whom looked tiny, didn't really look intimidating at all. But 20 of them? Absolutely.

That's a small army, and a numbers game actually does have danger to it.

If it leads to the Miz getting another main level push, I am all for it.

Yeah I absolutely echo this sentiment. Especially Miz getting the push.

Advertisement