Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue LED Lamp, Set of 3 E27 10 W, Including Bridge €129

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

F**k it....Missed out on this...Have a bridge already but no harm in the bargain for three bulbs, If anyone sees this again post it please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

If only payday hadn't been next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'm amazed people are happy to pay so much for this. I remember having x10 modules for all my lights/appliances on my remote control 20 years ago.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm amazed people are happy to pay so much for this. I remember having x10 modules for all my lights/appliances on my remote control 20 years ago.

X10 was/is far less reliable and pretty geeky to set up. Philips Hue by comparison is vastly easier to set up and use and have rock solid reliability.

People are often willing to pay for ease of use and reliability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

And to add (on this very off topic comment), I built my own Internet connected WiFi multi-color LED strip. Cost me about €35 in parts.

These aren't simple radio controlled on/off devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Amazon. De don't mess about, ordered on the 20th, got message from PW yesterday that they've received parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

these are at 139 now.... still a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jobless wrote: »
    these are at 139 now.... still a bargain?
    Yeah, great value. Spotted this for €220 in my local PCWorld yesterday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I just bought this, im not up on buying electronics from Germany but I assume I can just shove the 2pin into a 3 pin and it will be grand? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

• Advertisement

Oh, and by the way, depending on your setup - you may need 3 of these bad boys (convert bayonet cap fitting to edison screw fitting)..

.. ordered off that crowd last Monday, and they arrived this morning.

Total cost for 2 of them delivered was £4.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

Basq wrote: »
    Oh, and by the way, depending on your setup - you may need 3 of these bad boys (convert bayonet cap fitting to edison screw fitting)..

€1.50 for two in ikea.

Bad_alibi wrote: »
    €1.50 for two in ikea.
    Cool. Not near as IKEA so worthwhile for anyone in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

131 delivered from Amazon.es at the moment for anyone who missed out last week.
    Even cheaper than before

That says individual bulb in the description when translated, not sure if its the translation or if it is actually a single bulb?

That says individual bulb in the description when translated, not sure if its the translation or if it is actually a single bulb?

Further down it says number of bulbs 3.
    Was worried there for a minute

haha yeh I seen that too, I still took a gamble on it, thanks a lot!

Original price was 199 so really hoping it's 3 bulbs. I do see another set there for 164 which is strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Basq wrote: »

Worth checking your local electrical supplier thay are €4.70 fir a pair of proper lyvia ones in MCK in Cork and €5.80 in Dwyers who would be the most expensive place in Cork.

I bought white ones from uk on ebay before they turned out to be pvc and the top contacts were very poorly attached to the plastic body.

http://www.philips.it/etc/philips/b2c/compareproducts.html?locale=it_IT&catalog=CONSUMER&ctn=8718696461693,8718696461617,8718696461532

Compared the serial numbers and all are the same so looks like we are fine. Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Got my delivery from Amazon Spain, can confirm they are 3 of the coloured bulbs in case anyone is unsure

Great bargain at €130 delivered to the door

Yeh got mine too. Delighted with that thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Yeh got mine too. Delighted with that thanks.

Whats the URL to the exact version you bought on Amazon ES?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Got these yesterday, very very easy setup both with the hue bridge and also the Amazon Echo,
    I've yet to figure out the echo voice commands to change colours on them though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Thanks for the link.

It is saying the following on that page now so does not look like it can be purchased!?!:

PRODUCT UNDER REVIEW

Although this product is available through our Marketplace platform vendors, it is not in Amazon.es because some customers have indicated to us that there may be errors in the inventory of product, mode of shipment or product description. (Thanks for the info.)

We are working to solve the problem as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Just picked up mine from Parcel Motel and one of the bulbs is smashed. Very surprised at the lack of packaging. Just a cardboard box and not so much as a fragile sticker. Not sure where I stand or who I should complain to. Got it from Amazon.de.

My one wasnt in an amazon cardboard box. it was just literally the hue packaging sellotaped closed. im not surprised a bulb was broken. i think on some of the amazon sites you can choose to have amazon packaging or just the item posted without a box, to save the trees etc... this was the first time i ordered from sites other than the .co.uk ones and wasnt too sure what that option meant at the time i ordered,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Yeah. That's what I got too. Ridiculous. Just not sure if I should complain to Amazon or Parcel Motel. Feels like it's Amazons fault for not packaging correctly but I can't prove when it got broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

remoteboy wrote: »
    Yeah. That's what I got too. Ridiculous. Just not sure if I should complain to Amazon or Parcel Motel. Feels like it's Amazons fault for not packaging correctly but I can't prove when it got broken.

Parcel Motel send a picture of the box as they received it, so that would show it was inadequately packed

Advertisement