Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland - Sun - Sky Sports.

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really hope Wimmer is just injured. If not, he must be seriously out of favour to not even play when one of our 1st choice CB's is playing at LB. He was excellent last year, and i'd hate to lose him. Dier is too good at DM for him to be playing at CB, and I wouldn't trust Carter-Vickers just yet.

Not sure what the story is with Davies. He wasn't great when he came on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Rumour Chelsea are interested at 20 mill. I think Davies struggles in a back 4 as not enough pace and attacking wise doesn't offer enough crossing / pasding but suits a back 3 on the left side as he does for Wales. Don't know if it's journalist just putting 2 + 2 and getting 5 with Conte preference for a back 3.

I still rate Davies. I think he's a good footballer, better than most first choice left backs in the league, and should be only marginally behind Rose in the pecking order. Hope he gets back in Poch's good books cos we won't do any better for a reserve left back.

If he does go, Liverpool should snap him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

thoroughly deserved win and another clean sheet

up to 3rd

good day apart from the treatment table - hopefully nothing too serious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Rumour Chelsea are interested at 20 mill. I think Davies struggles in a back 4 as not enough pace and attacking wise doesn't offer enough crossing / pasding but suits a back 3 on the left side as he does for Wales. Don't know if it's journalist just putting 2 + 2 and getting 5 with Conte preference for a back 3.

I wouldn't believe a word of this. Sounds like a story created by his agent.

Levy is offering 4 or 5 year contracts to loads of players, Davies agent wants to make sure he's not forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Davies had a very busy Summer and I think Poch does rate him . He has different qualities to Rose , but is still a very good full back as witnessed with Wales in the Euros . So I suspect that he was rested because he needs him to play against Gillingham . Poch is managing game time quite well ,already this season , and sure Jan plays left back for Belgium anyway , so no issue at all .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No timeline on Kane's injury yet. I'd say a few weeks at least if it's ligament damage though.
    Poch wrote:
    He has injured his ankle ligaments. We will continue to assess him every day but don't want to put a timeframe on it.

Advertisement