Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland - Sun - Sky Sports.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Need to get the ball out wide, that's where we we're causing them problems.

Great run by Vertonghen, hard luck Son.

Son on set pieces, been sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

We need that goal

Yowzer, that was close. Well done Walker.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Poor in the final third again. We don't seem to have anyone making the passes we need to break through their 9 man defence.

Are the Spurs fans booing Sissoko?

A heap load of chances created. Kane needs to stay in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:
    Are the Spurs fans booing Sissoko?

Sunderland cos he's ex Newcastle

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Son on set pieces, been sublime.

Yeah. look much better than Eriksen/Lamela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Must be sickening for Kane seeing them shoot from so far out. Lacking that incisiveness. Looks like crossing is our best hope.

• Advertisement

Yeah. look much better than Eriksen/Lamela

He should of taken the free kick, instead of Dier.

Sunderland are set up for a nil nil and they might get it.

Need to keep plugging away but we miss the natural width and pace of Rose.

Get in!

giphy.gif

At last. I thought Kane had taken too long

too much fannying around at the back there. Got away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Dier down holding his hamstring! Nooo going the same way as dembele

dropping like flies

Kane's ankle bent right back there. Looked very sore. Not good.

This game should have been over ages ago. Can't believe they are still in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Deserved win,Son was very good today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Real heart in mouth stuff. In general we played well and kept the heads. Just no one seemed interested in getting the ball to Kane, except Sissoko(for me played very well) and Walkers crosses. Lamela could have have had a hatrick in the 17+6 mins he was on the pitch. Walker for me was man of the match with Sissoko a close second, Dembele looked good too.

Good passing, more composed than mid week, but worrying injuries considering we still have 3 games in 9 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Good win, clearly better team.Son was very good and I will give an honourable mention to walker who defended superbly today.
    we look very strong in midfield with wanyama and dembele - not too many teams will play through us with those 2 breaking up the play.
    Hope Harry is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Dembele and Dier only had cramp so they will be ok thankfully,Kane will be scanned in the morning,hopefully it's only 3/4 weeks he's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I thought Son and Walker were immense yesterday, ran Sunderland ragged. It's a bit concerning that we aren't better at finishing teams off, but maybe that will come.

Hope Harry only has a sprain and not ligament damage.

Things aren't looking too rosy for Wimmer and Davies these days. Must've been a real shock to Davies to discover he's effectively been demoted to 3rd choice left back. This is a guy who played a starring role in a team that got to the semis of the Euros in the summer.

Wimmer, despite doing a flawless job as stand in for a few months last season, now can't even make the bench, with Poch preferring untested youth player Carter-Vickers.

Hopefully they'll all get a chance to impress on Wednesday night against Gillingham, and take it.

Ormus wrote: »
    Wimmer, despite doing a flawless job as stand in for a few months last season, now can't even make the bench, with Poch preferring untested youth player Carter-Vickers.

Hopefully they'll all get a chance to impress on Wednesday night against Gillingham, and take it.

Caught a glimpse of him in the crowd on Sunday. Presumably he has some kind of injury?

The Davies situation was puzzling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Saw somewhere that poch said Davies wasn't fit enough to play 3 games on the trot. As in sat / weds / sun. Don't think poch rates Davies though and wouldn't be surprised if he pushed for a move either in jan or end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I can only imagine two things happened with Davies yesterday;

1. Poch was worried about Sunderland's height at set pieces and decided to defend against that by putting Vertonghen left back.

or

2. Poch did not want to drop either Dier or Wanyama (as both have done quite well) so decided to play both, which meant Vertonghen was pushed to left back.

It'll be interesting to see Poch's first 11 when all are fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I can only imagine two things happened with Davies yesterday;

1. Poch was worried about Sunderland's height at set pieces and decided to defend against that by putting Vertonghen left back.

or

2. Poch did not want to drop either Dier or Wanyama (as both have done quite well) so decided to play both, which meant Vertonghen was pushed to left back.

It'll be interesting to see Poch's first 11 when all are fit.

Or the third possibility, he wasn't happy with Davies' performance against Monaco and decided he wasn't good enough to deputise for Rose, to the extent that he was willing to play a first choice centre back and a first choice midfielder both out of position. That's a fairly major re-jig to make when you have a ready made international left back to slot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ormus wrote: »
    Or the third possibility, he wasn't happy with Davies' performance against Monaco

Agreed.

Both my points pretty much boil down to Davies not being good enough in the eyes of Poch too.

He will be given his chance to shine against Gillingham I'd imagine.

Dier and Dembele's issues didn't look too severe, we're lucky that it's effectively a week off for the first team this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Rumour Chelsea are interested at 20 mill. I think Davies struggles in a back 4 as not enough pace and attacking wise doesn't offer enough crossing / pasding but suits a back 3 on the left side as he does for Wales. Don't know if it's journalist just putting 2 + 2 and getting 5 with Conte preference for a back 3.

Advertisement