Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Dragons, Sat 17th Sept 5:15pm; Sky Sports

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

He did also keep pushing and take another man out. It was pretty deliberate but I think you're right in that it wasn't nearly as obvious as is being made out. I don't think either would have gotten to the ball.

Anyway it was an excellent move and the best piece of attacking play Munster produced on the night.

Yeah I thought it was very good. Bohane tied down the defenders by making them target him and not by preventing them completing a tackle on the ball carrier. Neither player were ever going to effect a tackle so I don't see anything wrong with what he did other than maybe a bit of offside due to a slight timing issue. But that was incredibly marginal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

So how was the game aside from one incident?! Stand out performers? Bleyendaal looked decent in first 30 before I had to turn off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

That's fine but any other ref seeing that is going to penalise it and you lose the one try scoring opportunity produced in the second half, the overlap had already been created. It was a bad decision let off by poor refereeing.

The point is that it did backfire and required a terrible refereeing lapse (even being prompted by the TMO to go back and review) to get away with it.

Nah, you're wrong on this one I'm afraid

Nah, you're wrong on this one I'm afraid

The TMO, Commentators didn't seem to think so but the blinkers are on tight here it seems so will leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »
    So how was the game aside from one incident?! Stand out performers? Bleyendaal looked decent in first 30 before I had to turn off.

Bleyendaal was pretty poor I thought, including the first half. I thought his kicking was fairly ineffective and he doesn't carry the ball to the line at all so he's pretty reliant on there being attacking options around him which Munster lacked today. His passing wasn't particularly creative either. His kicking from hand was inconsistent. Maybe he's not fully fit yet.

Munster's pack were the better of the two, they just weren't able to really threaten when they had the ball. Stander and Ryan were good. Kleyn was good. Sweetnam was pretty good apart from one silly mistake that almost ruined their try-scoring move. Murray a great improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

The TMO, Commentators didn't seem to think so but the blinkers are on tight here it seems so will leave it there.

When you start using Stuart Barnes as your voice of reason you kinda know the war is lost

How do we know what the TMO thought if they never went to the TMO for it?

molloyjh wrote: »
    How do we know what the TMO thought if they never went to the TMO for it?

He went to the TMO for the try and he said that if the ref was happy then he was happy, so that's now being taken to mean this.

Stuart Barnes said enough during the course of the game to invalidate his opinions on rugby for the rest of his life, as per most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Apologies for the nonsense and rubbish though, far too dismissive on my part.

This is why I will always read your posts.

#manlovewhenappropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭phog

I half expected a BP win for us, losing Earls didn't help but we should never have been depending on Dragons to cough up the ball in the final play to allow us win that game.

Like last week, a few players will have a tough day reviewing that game on Monday.

If I never see Dudley Philips ref another game it will be too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

A lot of frustrating moments in the game, but it is an away win and 3 points in the bag.

There are a lot of areas where we performed well, but our attack didn't have the impact I was hoping for. But we are missing 3 international wingers/centres in Zebo and Earls and Saili and and their replacements are full of potential but still lacking in experience.

A major positive however, is that other than that intercept try, the Dragons didnt look like breaking through our defence. Even the last play when they had a 10 man maul, they were handled pretty confidently.

Bleyandaal played okish given that he hasn't had a full game at this level in a very long time. His place kicking is solid but he made a few cringy mistakes from the hands. Hopefully he can get a few weeks run without any incidents and his match fitness will improve. Keatley is a much better 12 than he has been at number 10.

Donnacha Ryan made his return and again, he needs a few games to get back up to speed. Peter O Mahony should be fit again in the next few weeks, and when we have him, Tommy O Donnell, Stander, JOD, Donnacha Ryan etc all fit, as well as a match fit Murray and an improved Bleyandaal with a better working relationship with the scrum half, and we should see much better performances as the season progresses.

We are still over dependent on Murray at SH though, Williams and O Leary are game losers at ERC level and against top table pro 12 opposition
    And worse, at number 10, we've got nobody who has demonstrated that they can be relied on for the big games.

He went to the TMO for the try and he said that if the ref was happy then he was happy, so that's now being taken to mean this.

Stuart Barnes said enough during the course of the game to invalidate his opinions on rugby for the rest of his life, as per most weeks.

What I meant was they never went to the TMO for the obstruction, just the grounding.

I think I must be immune to some of these guys. Between the tannoy in the RDS and Barnes I've a load of examples of guys who wreck other people's heads that I simply don't even notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

I think I must be immune to some of these guys. Between the tannoy in the RDS and Barnes I've a load of examples of guys who wreck other people's heads that I simply don't even notice.

A very healthy thing. Fair play.
    Don't let other's bull**** become your bull****.

What I meant was they never went to the TMO for the obstruction, just the grounding.

I think they did or was that Sky afterwards?

Tbh, if the TMO reviewed it and didn't award the try you could see why too. It was one of those events in the lead up to a try that could go either way once a TMO is asked to review.

phog wrote: »
    I think they did or was that Sky afterwards?

Tbh, if the TMO reviewed it and didn't award the try you could see why too. It was one of those events in the lead up to a try that could go either way once a TMO is asked to review.

That was just Sky replaying. Ref just asked about the possible knock on and the grounding.

I can see why technically it could be disallowed due to the offside but I do think that would have been harsh. At no point did a Dragons player look to tackle Bohane and be prevented from doing so. And that's what refs tend to look at when calling obstruction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

The forwards were pretty solid but the backs showed their inexperience. We could/should have put this game away with a BP but didn't.

Murray was good apart from a few bad passes; TB can tackle excellently and his kicking improved as the game went on but he only carried the ball forward twice? ROM has a few little things to polish up on (go for the ball with 2 hands instead of 1 and draw the defender before passing inside)

Listening to Erasmus after the game reminded me of my Irish aurals years ago....could only make out one or two words per sentence and had to guess what was being said based on those two words.

Hope this link works.

In the clip I'm not even sure Bohane was ahead of Tyler (the passer), certainly ahead of the receiver but as a dummy runner he would be.

If that was disallowed it would have been very harsh on Munster

phog wrote: »
    Hope this link works.

In the clip I'm not even sure Bohane was ahead of Tyler (the passer), certainly ahead of the receiver but as a dummy runner he would be.

If that was disallowed it would have been very harsh on Munster

Wx46dBL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

That's a well executed backs move to score, if that includes a bit of skulduggery then so be it

More of the same to come I hope

• Advertisement

Some photos from the game by MRSC photographer Daryl Feehely

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

Considering the amount of times we have been f*cked over by refs I will take that score shamelessly. Those of you saying it was obstruction get over yourself, like he was ever going to make a difference...a cop out.

Advertisement