Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Possibly look at coming off at Navan and go via n51 athboy.

Exactly what I was thinking. And then a right at Crowenstown National School

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

These guys had/have camping packages that you can pre purchase and collect on arrival. It would be worth giving them a shout
    http://pamperthecamper.com/product-category/camping-packages/

Friends of mine used them last year
    Is it possible to buy tents up there?

Bit of a late decision to go, and don't fancy carrying a tent on the bus if it can be avoided!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Hoping their not too strict re drink allownces as I'm bringing a slab of beer, a bottle of Buckfast and a bottle of spirits. Will just put spirits and B in tent bag anyway in case, should be ok , hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

I have gone in during the main mid-afternoon rush the last few years and they have always been pretty lax on checking booze. You end up being corralled separate lines for the search so if questioned you could say that you are carrying booze for your mate over in another queue. Or, stuff your over-the-allowance bottle of spirits into the middle of your rucksack and pack around it. Works a treat.

Getting fairly excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭covey09

Whats the craic with campervans, is the queue long to get in. First time going posh... can we pack it to the hilt with booze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 No1Ensemble

roll wrote: »
    anyone looking for a lift up from west dublin/north kildare around 6pm tomorrow, let me know

I'd love this! Finishing work on stephens green 6 on the button. Petrol money and all the extras provided!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Apopholis

Hey guys, heading up again this year and after the downpour on Sunday last year, don't really want to bring my single-skin pop up tent as we got drenched every time we knocked off the inside. The only other I have suitable for heavy rain is a pretty large 5-man tunnel tent (about 5m x 4m). Would this be way too greedy for just 2 of us?

Staying in Us&You if that makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Burr10

Does anyone know if they're strict on enforcing the no gazebo rule?

Had no issue with ours last year. I guess you never know though as you may be unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Apopholis wrote: »
    Hey guys, heading up again this year and after the downpour on Sunday last year, don't really want to bring my single-skin pop up tent as we got drenched every time we knocked off the inside. The only other I have suitable for heavy rain is a pretty large 5-man tunnel tent (about 5m x 4m). Would this be way too greedy for just 2 of us?

Staying in Us&You if that makes any difference

I think that's fine, tbh. Four person tents for two people are fairly standard, so can't see there being a massive issue with five.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Jambonjunior

These guys had/have camping packages that you can pre purchase and collect on arrival. It would be worth giving them a shout
    http://pamperthecamper.com/product-category/camping-packages/

Friends of mine used them last year

That was something I was looking at today but I think I missed the cut off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 posie 1980

Bus Dublin to body and soul

Heading down Saturday avo, buses from custom house quay seem to be at 11am only. Does anyone know the easiest way on public transport to get onsite from dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

anyone know of any good techno acts/DJs playing over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Avalon Emerson is probably your best bet. New set from her recorded at sonar at the weekend link below
    Others would be John Daly, Byron Yeates, Optimo or just head to the absolut bar or wreckless in love stage
    after everything else is over
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Oh4r1bi4E

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

I'd love this! Finishing work on stephens green 6 on the button. Petrol money and all the extras provided!

sorry but u would need to be in leixlip by 6:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭DaSchmo

covey09 wrote: »
    Whats the craic with campervans, is the queue long to get in. First time going posh... can we pack it to the hilt with booze

Yes but they do search the vans too so don't put it anywhere too obvious. Van near us a few years ago had a cooler / fridge full of glass bottles and had the lot taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Avalon Emerson is probably your best bet. New set from her recorded at sonar at the weekend link below
    Others would be John Daly, Byron Yeates, Optimo or just head to the absolut bar or wreckless in love stage
    after everything else is over
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Oh4r1bi4E

Optimo are liable to play just about anything, so if you go in expecting a techno set you might be disappointed. However they represent an approach to DJing that is becoming all too rare, and in that respect they're some of the best DJs working today.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Last min weather prediction?

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Last min weather prediction?

sunday night is your only problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Can anyone confirm if the directions given here by B&S are the best ones to follow?

http://bodyandsoul.ie/getting-there/

Coming from Dublin and it seems to take a slightly long-winded route...

Yeah, it's the only way in. 1 way system in force once you turn off the N51.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Getting a lift and being dropped off at the festival later, probably 5:30 or so. Any ideas what the best place to get dropped at would be? On the N52 somewhere the best option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

There's a dropoff point right at the main gate. If you want to avoid the traffic, you could be dropped off the N52 between Delvin and Clonmellon at the main entrance to the castle, on the bad bend. It's less than a 5 minute walk to the main gate from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Dutchy

roll wrote: »
    sunday night is your only problem...

I go by YR.NO & it's now looking good for Sunday night.

Rain due to hit Monday now.

May even get a bit of sunshine Sunday afternoon

Happy daze. :cool:

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/County_Westmeath/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Long shot but anyone offering lifts from Dublin city centre this afternoon/evening? Can help with petrol etc.

Santi101 wrote: »
    Long shot but anyone offering lifts from Dublin city centre this afternoon/evening? Can help with petrol etc.

if you got the train to leixlip i should be leaving around half 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Here all sorted. Stuck in the campervan section though. No wristbands yet. Pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 red_scarlett34

Santi101 wrote: »

Have you tried this site?

http://gocarshare.com/festival/bodyandsoul

Probably a page on Facebook as well if you have time to look.

Quote from http://bodyandsoul.ie/getting-there/ :

Alternatively, use Facebook or Twitter and search the hashtags #ecobodysoul or #bodysoul17 to find carpoolers. Drivers of full cars may even be rewarded with a Green VIP Pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

Anyone travelling up from Dublin this evening and could offer a man a lift?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

posie 1980 wrote: »
    Bus Dublin to body and soul

Heading down Saturday avo, buses from custom house quay seem to be at 11am only. Does anyone know the easiest way on public transport to get onsite from dublin?

Bus Eireann to Athboy. €11. Athboy is 7km from festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

I'm sure it's got a lot to do with clashing tour dates, but wtf is up with the scheduling? 4 of the biggest acts squeezed onto the main stage on Saturday so they only get an hour each is a bit piss poor all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Scheduling the same weekend as Glasto seems to have nobbled some of the infrastructure. Paltry amount of showers this year.

Advertisement