Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 red_scarlett34

The info email sent round earlier said "BBQs are permitted in designated areas only"

Is that through this link?

http://bodyandsoul.ie/newsletter-sign-up/

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Second question, anyone bringing wellies or are you all being optimistic about the weather and leaving them at home/haven't invested in them?

Cheers!

Put some in the boot of the car and leave them there in case you need them. You almost certainly won't be needing them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Is that through this link?

http://bodyandsoul.ie/newsletter-sign-up/

thanks!

I think so - I got three "all you need to now" emails today, I think one from that, one for the ticket and one for the campervan ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think we'll have a fairly dry weekend looking at the charts. Biggest rain risks are Friday before gates open at noon, and Sunday night into Monday morning. Might be clipped by some light stuff on Saturday evening too, but hopefully it stays away! Temps are mid to high teens, which is, in my long experience, the ideal festival camping temperature. Dry, broken spells of sunshine and not too hot, that's what you want. Anything warmer is grossly sweaty, leads to bad sleep (especially in a tent), and can dehydrate people very quickly, plus it can be very energy sapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Getting excited now as the weekend is approaching! Is there a such thing as a good or bad place to camp at body & soul? It seems to change most years so hard to get a consistent spot.

They seem very vague on what times the music is going to finish up every night, what the hell is ancillary entertainment?! From memory the likes of Reckless in Love & Absolut go on until 4.00am, how early does everything finish up on the Sunday?

I hope they release a bit more information about the maeve takeover at the Reckless in Love stage on the Sunday, the overall Reckless in Love lineup seems weaker to me than previous years so I'd hope they have a few tricks up their sleeve for the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Can someone give me a bitesized synopsis of what the maeve thing is all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Nice. Not for the whole day I presume? Definitely want to see that but not enough to hang around there all day!

I've been doing some digging and - having previously never heard of them - Parcels and DBFC are now top of my list. After Metronomy of course...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

Charlie wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to procure bags of ice down on the festival site the last few years?

At other festivals, I find it a god send to keep the cooler going into the Sunday.

Can I second this question about the ice? Not going to be able to bring a cooler wth me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Can I second this question about the ice? Not going to be able to bring a cooler wth me...

Id highly doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

highly ambitious to expect somewhere in there showing the lions match??

Weather wise: Friday and Saturday remaining much the same as I mentioned earlier, Sunday midnight is starting to look like a real downpour will arrive though. It could burn out before reaching the festival, but worth keeping an eye on the forecast apps over the weekend to make sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭covey09

Getting excited now as the weekend is approaching! Is there a such thing as a good or bad place to camp at body & soul? It seems to change most years so hard to get a consistent spot.

They seem very vague on what times the music is going to finish up every night, what the hell is ancillary entertainment?! From memory the likes of Reckless in Love & Absolut go on until 4.00am, how early does everything finish up on the Sunday?

I hope they release a bit more information about the maeve takeover at the Reckless in Love stage on the Sunday, the overall Reckless in Love lineup seems weaker to me than previous years so I'd hope they have a few tricks up their sleeve for the Sunday.

SAVE FERRIS

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

MonsterMob wrote: »

I mailed them last night about that. The game won't be shown at the festival. Mobdro it is then!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

MonsterMob wrote: »

I'll have it on the phone, and would like to catch it in theory. You're more than welcome to come round and (try to) wake me up if you get desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hurley182

First time Body & Soul attendee…

Q1: How strict are they with the alcohol amount policy? Can I bring half the amount of cans permitted with half the amount of spirits allowed? They are hardly going to start measuring our drinks and checking that water isn’t vodka now are they?

Q2: I can surely bring tent and drink in first, and go back to the car and bring food/soft drinks/clothes after?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

hurley182 wrote: »

Q1: How strict are they with the alcohol amount policy? Can I bring half the amount of cans permitted with half the amount of spirits allowed? They are hardly going to start measuring our drinks and checking that water isn’t vodka now are they?

Q2: I can surely bring tent and drink in first, and go back to the car and bring food/soft drinks/clothes after?

In my experience they're not that strict. They definitely won't allow drink on second run so don't leave that behind. There's no issue with you taking non alcoholic drinks and/or other camping gear on a second run. Saves on the weight first time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Any other family campers on the thread?

If yes, did you get an email with the family car park pass? I got an email that said it should be attached, but nothing was attached and wondering if anyone else had the same problem...

Waiting to hear back from the festival about it, am assuming though that if I show up with the kids, the family tickets and show them the email without the attachment I'll get to the right car park anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Peesh89

hurley182 wrote: »

That's what I do! 12-15 cans and then premixed vodka/gin in small bottles

Any other family campers on the thread?

If yes, did you get an email with the family car park pass? I got an email that said it should be attached, but nothing was attached and wondering if anyone else had the same problem...

Waiting to hear back from the festival about it, am assuming though that if I show up with the kids, the family tickets and show them the email without the attachment I'll get to the right car park anyway....

Seems like Ticketbooth screwed up a few things. They sent me a general campervan pass even though I originally indicated I wanted a family one when I booked. Got it sorted out by messaging B&S on Facebook though.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Is it possible to buy tents up there?

Bit of a late decision to go, and don't fancy carrying a tent on the bus if it can be avoided!

Is it possible to buy tents up there?

Bit of a late decision to go, and don't fancy carrying a tent on the bus if it can be avoided!

Yeah I recall a friend buying one last year

Can anyone confirm if the directions given here by B&S are the best ones to follow?

http://bodyandsoul.ie/getting-there/

Coming from Dublin and it seems to take a slightly long-winded route...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BikesKilleen

Does anyone know if they're strict on enforcing the no gazebo rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Nice. Not for the whole day I presume? Definitely want to see that but not enough to hang around there all day!

Yes the whole day, it's a 10 hour set or something!

Just head whenever. I wouldn't be watching the whole thing lol

Can anyone confirm if the directions given here by B&S are the best ones to follow?

http://bodyandsoul.ie/getting-there/

Coming from Dublin and it seems to take a slightly long-winded route...

There will probably be a traffic management plan in effect, with lots of one way systems on the country roads. Think there will be a couple of miles detour at most, but you'll probably see lots of routing signs and Garda as you get close anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

anyone looking for a lift up from west dublin/north kildare around 6pm tomorrow, let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Possibly look at coming off at Navan and go via n51 athboy.

Advertisement