Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

All-new Peugeot 5008 SUV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

I contacted Peugeot yesterday. They currently hope to make first deliveries at the end of July, start of August.

This year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I contacted Peugeot yesterday. They currently hope to make first deliveries at the end of July, start of August.

How can they do that when you can't even go in and order?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Machine

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    How can they do that when you can't even go in and order?

I could be wrong but I got the impression that in the next few months prices would be announced. You could then place order for a delivery in August.

Saying that I also saw a Pug UK dealer saying that it won't will be available in UK until October 2017. Which is clearly at odds with Irish dates. TBH hard to know when it will be out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

I'll look at this car when it comes out. The way I see it is if the car is available to view from September onward and I wanted one, I'd be looking at 181 plates anyhow. By then though the landscape may have changed. I'll also keep an eye out for a new Santa Fe and facelifted Sorento. Both could be optimistic, but if they release those in front wheel drive coupled with their new autobox (which I think is for fwd only) and 2L Diesel, then that's better competition all round.
    I haven't seen the new 3008 internally yet, but I'd like to put the infotainment system through a fair few tests. I remember test driving the new Grand Picasso and whilst it had shiny new technology I was disappointed by how slow and unresponsive it was. Hopefully things have moved on..

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

I've read that the the infotainment system is alright in the Peugeots, and have conversely read negative review comments about the Renault system, as you experienced.

I've seen inside the 3008 and can confirm that at least there are a bunch of tactile buttons available in addition to the touch screen, which has to be good anyway. I've heard that part of the frustration with the Renault system is you have to do everything through the unresponsive screen, even changing the fan speed or temperature... :rolleyes:

Real buttons FTW! :D

• Advertisement

Gwynston wrote: »
    I've heard that part of the frustration with the Renault system is you have to do everything through the unresponsive screen, even changing the fan speed or temperature... :rolleyes:

Which from memory was the same on the Grand Picasso. Poor!

Havent seen any more updates, it looks more and more like 2018 before this will arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Havent seen any more updates, it looks more and more like 2018 before this will arrive

Peugeot dealer in Clonee told me 2 weeks ago he thinks orders will be accepted in Nov for delivery in Feb/March 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

even changing the fan speed or temperature... :rolleyes:

The 3008 is the same I'm afraid.

The 3008 is the same I'm afraid.

Oh really? So what are the functions of the 7 "piano key" buttons below the air vents? I guess they don't cover all the necessary heater controls?

I'm finding that with our new S-Max - I initially was happy with the fact that it had physical buttons as well as the infotainment screen controls, but in practice I find I can't quite make all the adjustments I need with just the buttons and need to use the screen sometimes too for which vents are in use. At least the most commonly used ones have physical buttons - the temp and fan speed plus/minus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Oh really? So what are the functions of the 7 "piano key" buttons below the air vents? I guess they don't cover all the necessary heater controls?

I'm finding that with our new S-Max - I initially was happy with the fact that it had physical buttons as well as the infotainment screen controls, but in practice I find I can't quite make all the adjustments I need with just the buttons and need to use the screen sometimes too for which vents are in use. At least the most commonly used ones have physical buttons - the temp and fan speed plus/minus.

Those buttons select which mode the screen displays, like the buttons around BMW's iDrive. One button for nav, one for climate, etc. You then have to go the screen to adjust all the temp setting, it's a big backward step in terms of functionality.

it's a big backward step in terms of functionality.
    Yeah, I agree.
    With it being drummed in to motorists how dangerous phone use while driving is, and even hands-free is a distraction, and supposedly even just talking to a passenger dangerously takes your concentration away from your driving, it's ridiculous how so many manufacturers are making things like heating controls screen-only :eek:

I just can't fathom how such changes ever passed usability testing so many times with different new cars. Absolutely no-one who has ever had to take their eyes off the road to try to find the right area of a screen to press just to adjust the temperature should have given a thumbs-up to the idea over a tactile button or dial :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Are there any updates on when they can be test driven. We were told to expect a demo around June but that is looking less likely.

The sales guy reckons it will be 2/3k more than the 3008.

Is it normal for the sales reps to have so little info on a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Anyone heard anything more on prices or expected date for delivery?

Anyone heard anything more on prices or expected date for delivery?

Just checked this the other day, says on Peugeot UK website October 17
    http://www.peugeot.co.uk/showroom/5008/suv/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hi Guys, any more info on this in terms of on the road?

Wife is Pregnant, due in October and I'll need something with 3 car seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hi Guys, any more info on this in terms of on the road?

Wife is Pregnant, due in October and I'll need something with 3 car seats.

I wouldn't count on this one to arrive on time...

Got email today from Peugeot dealer....see below

Thank you for your enquiry. The new 5008 is not expected to arrive here in Ireland until late 2017. We hope to have our demo around January 2018.

We will keep your details on file in case it happens to land any earlier than anticipated.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

I fired off an email to my local dealer this morning, was told that they are hoping to have the testers in by the end of the month, but, I've been hearing that since April now.

Is there any idea of a price yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

hairyslug wrote: »
    I fired off an email to my local dealer this morning, was told that they are hoping to have the testers in by the end of the month, but, I've been hearing that since April now.

Is there any idea of a price yet?

The email might be actually true - they are hoping...

• Advertisement

I was talking to a dealer who claims he was just out of a meeting in head Peugeot office. They 'hoped' to have a demo of sorts and could be left hand drive by the end of summer, but went on to say Peugeot Ireland have zero information as to a demo or launch of RHD car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 messermaguire

Just saw the first new 5008 in the Peugeot distributors. Looks nice. I hear they are waiting for more deliveries, so they have a car for every show room in Ireland. Then they will reveal prices/specs etc . Possibly at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Was behind a brand new one on the M9 this morning. Fine looking machine, great road presence about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 messermaguire

Can't wait to test drive it. I have to make a decision between Kodiaq or 5008 SUV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 debcon

Eagerly awaiting some reviews. Please post when you have taken one for a test drive

debcon wrote: »
    Eagerly awaiting some reviews. Please post when you have taken one for a test drive

Look back on thread, already a few review knocking around

To be honest if you are looking at it v Kodiaq there will be contest in my eyes. The Kodiaq is small and more or a comparison to the x-trail. If you need 7 seats then it will be 5008 v SMAX. That is the comparison I will be making

Just got back from the Algarve and saw quite a few 3008's down there, which looked very smart. I really like Peugeot's latest styling and expect the new 5008 to be a big hit if the seating space meets expectations.

On the other hand, I saw my first Kodiaq on the road when we arrived home and didn't think much of it in the flesh - rather frumpy-looking. For it's size, it's really disappointing that they couldn't fit 3 proper seats in the middle row.

I love the interior of the 3008 and going by YouTube reviews, the 5008 will be the same. My impatience is kicking, have been looking at the storento as well and am slightly torn, my wife has made up her mind with the 5008 though

Just got back from the Algarve and saw quite a few 3008's down there, which looked very smart. I really like Peugeot's latest styling and expect the new 5008 to be a big hit if the seating space meets expectations.

On the other hand, I saw my first Kodiaq on the road when we arrived home and didn't think much of it in the flesh - rather frumpy-looking. For it's size, it's really disappointing that they couldn't fit 3 proper seats in the middle row.

I seen a Kodiaq the other day....best way to describe it....its a Skoda alright

They really missed an opportunity with it in my eyes but I suppose loads of people buying it. If I was going for something like that I would buy the X-trail long before I would look at the Skoda....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Me too, I'm absolutely loving it- it's kind of classy, understated sub premium look and a long way from some of the recent drivel like the 207, old 308 or 407 which were awful and aged terribly.

Advertisement