Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AirBnB Megathread - ALL A&P related Airbnb discussion here please

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

OKkkkkkkkkkkkkk.....couldnt see the fussy part myself....as for no women or irish.....rightttttttttttttt....maybe you should just ban all people

Why would I do that when I get over 1k for two weeks in a box room. Men over for work are the best, out most of the day and can watch TV with netflix at night with a beer or two. Quick chat and off they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭utmbuilder

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭TSQ

Simona1986 wrote: »
    The settings are correct, the amount is €50pp and this changes automatically when the number of people are entered. We also have written "€50 per person per night" as the first line in our advert.

We've now had several people make bookings for one person for multiple nights but then turn up with up to three additional people and not expect to pay anything further - very frustrating.

Well just invoice them via Airbnb for the extra via the "send or request money" link, and if they decline or tell the extra guests to get lost - you will still get paid for the original booking once check in time has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

Is anyone having an issue with people booking as a single person when they are in fact multiple guests? Then this results in an argument over the rate they've booked at and the rate they should be paying. People claiming genuine surprise to find a €50 per night rate is per person and not for a 4-person house...

I don't let people in when reservation doesn't match the reality. Not only for money but also for safety and security reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Is anyone having an issue with people booking as a single person when they are in fact multiple guests? Then this results in an argument over the rate they've booked at and the rate they should be paying. People claiming genuine surprise to find a €50 per night rate is per person and not for a 4-person house...

Yeah , a few clients had that .

Also theres a guy who keeps calling himself moses registering over and over again trying to rent apartments on weekends who when its time to collect the keys 2 african women show up and theres usually a van with some men in it waiting around the corner , threats of all sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Anyone with a crystal ball know what the restriction is likely to be? 180 days, 90 etc. ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I want to find the quickest way to do it so I can get any long-term lets that have been withdrawn from the market back out there for people to live in long-term
    I need to [find] the quickest way to do that. I can either do it through tourist legislation or I can do that with planning legislation and that is the bit I am trying to resolve at the moment.

That's not sounding promising for anything like 180 days.

The wife isn't keen on me having my own apartment in the City Centre but I'm telling her the mods here told me it was the only, safe, option :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

90 is no real restriction at all as it'd allow the highest profit weekends all year. Could easily see 60

Think I'm gonna go long term leasing and hand it over for ten years then sell the bloody thing. Looks like a good scheme even if I'll have to replace the washing machine yet again.

• Advertisement

Another thing, is the governement not worried about pissing off AirBnB who are HQ'd here are they not?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Another thing, is the governement not worried about pissing off AirBnB who are HQ'd here are they not?

Uber have a sizeable Limerick office and the majority of their offerings are explicitly not legal here.

Mindgeek have a sizeable Dublin office (with zero IDA support) and work in a sector where our former conservatism and censorship laws mean we don't really have any functional legislation but its certainly not actively encouraged. If you don't know what Mindgeek do, please don't search for them on a work PC!

Tax, employee base and mobility/desirability for employees who might move country to work for you mean a bit more than your product being OK in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭TSQ

Well, we have now found out the answer!
    Given the published proposals for legislation to restrict short term rentals, is there any evidence that a) property is coming back on the residential rental market, or b) Airbnb landlords are selling up? or is it too early to tell?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

TSQ wrote: »
    Well, we have now found out the answer!
    Given the published proposals for legislation to restrict short term rentals, is there any evidence that a) property is coming back on the residential rental market, or b) Airbnb landlords are selling up? or is it too early to tell?

Too early. Air BnB landlords will milk the last drop and hope the legislation is delayed.

I'll be taking bookings through May then looking to see where the market is sales wise. If it's continued to improve then I'll sell (wife permitting) otherwise I'll rent again albeit with better vetting and insurance. So (anecdotally) as above too early to tell tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

Hi, I've just booked a stay in Barcelona via Airbnb and the host has asked for ID number, date of birth, names and nationality to "register our stay with the local police". Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

sean61 wrote: »
    Hi, I've just booked a stay in Barcelona via Airbnb and the host has asked for ID number, date of birth, names and nationality to "register our stay with the local police". Is this normal?

I know for Spain where I let out an apartment through Airbnb it’s the law that I get copies of passports and addresses and which local police have access to.

Most countries in Europe require passport details of the lead person on a booking at least. Even the UK requires it for everyone legally deemed "foreign", which excludes Irish citizens.

Some former Soviet puppet states don't due to their history of documentation demands by a totalitarian government but plenty of countries that had those still require them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

sean61 wrote: »

I stayed in Barcelona in Sept on airbnb and I wasn't asked. I stayed all over Europe on airbnb and I was never asked

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

L1011 wrote: »
    Most countries in Europe require passport details of the lead person on a booking at least. Even the UK requires it for everyone legally deemed "foreign", which excludes Irish citizens.

Some former Soviet puppet states don't due to their history of documentation demands by a totalitarian government but plenty of countries that had those still require them

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid it was some kind of scam but it seems it's not such an unusual request after all. Accommodation is scarce in Barcelona over the Xmas so I didn't want to have to rebook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

AirBnB for Cars:Turo
    To hell with the neighbours.

https://www.motor1.com/news/276656/parking-38-cars-chicago/

Advertisement