Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Horrorthon

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Pre ordered Yomiwari during the week. It took me 4 days to get my PSP online, seems to be a problem with my router. My brother in law got it to go online through my phone so I finally gave Corpse Party. I've a cold again so was too smothered last night. Will give it a go tonight, hope it was worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Condemned - Criminal Origins is a good scary game.
    The first time I tried playing it I got as far as this dark hallway at the start. I peered into the blackness and thought I saw a shadow move across further down the hall and I tapped out... too creepy :D.

QJZyzyT.jpg

I took me a year at least to work up the stones to go back to it and play it through. It was fantastic, great atmosphere, some big stand out moments and little clever details aswell. The combat was like nothing I had experienced before. I would have been playing a lot of counterstrike at the time and to go from that to this game was strange. I remember a visceral feeling of vulnerability from the lack of guns available. The graphics might not hold up now and it's not perfect but this one stuck with me for a while afterward.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

What a strong opening to a game. I didn't play it all the way through but yeah some intense moments in that one like nothing I had seen before.

I didn't see any mentions of Outlast which I thought was a well made game.

I don't know anything about Outlast, some of the images look really creepy.

I started Corpse Party and liking it so far, from the character introductions I like Maui, although I know with these type of things you should never have a favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Oh god... Undying... That thing still haunts me since I played it as a kid. It was masterpiece in horror games. Specially the mansion. Amazing game.

I talked to my missis and she agreed to be next to me while I play Silent hill 2 and 3. I havent finished it last october, this time around I want to finish it, but I got her next to me lol. And she is the most easily scared person ever lol.

I got the original PS2 discs and my phat ps3. I heard hd remakes were a bit ****.

Undying was a cracking game, then the next barker effort was jericho...jaysus

• Advertisement

Finished chapter 1 of Corpse Party, I'm more sad than scared tbh but I'm enjoying playing it.

Getting scary and tense in Corpse Party, on chapter 4/5 not too much left to play. I'd definitely have it finished before Halloween

Can't get any ending from the choices I made during the game. What a bummer!
    I suppose I'd be better off waiting til the new one is out and play that for the good ending, rather than replaying this again from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I am terrible with these types of games. Such a wimp. I plan on jumping into RE1 on the PS4 over the long weekend.

I'm predicting I won't get far, but at least I can say that I gave it a go (kind of like the bobsledders in Cool Runnings).

Even games like the latest Killzone gave me the jumps at times FFS! :D

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I am terrible with these types of games. Such a wimp. I plan on jumping into RE1 on the PS4 over the long weekend.

I'm predicting I won't get far, but at least I can say that I gave it a go (kind of like the bobsledders in Cool Runnings).

Even games like the latest Killzone gave me the jumps at times FFS! :D
    Some people are just like that, at least you admit it though and don't pretend.
    I couldn't watch or play something that's a gore fest for a long time, there has to be a balance with something like story, the right amount of scary.

Might be streaming at the weekend at a friends you can always just watch us :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Finally got around to starting Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water after a year of it sitting in a box.

Xenji wrote: »
    Finally got around to starting Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water after a year of it sitting in a box.
    I played up to chapter 3. I thought it was bit, holding your hand too much even though there were harder parts you just got past. She's in the room and it's like "just incase you can't look in front of you for the camera to pick it up here's some arrows and it's glowing" kinda thing, kinda insulted lol.
    The story focus is a bit close to home, I live nearby a river, search and rescue were looking for someone the night I played it, had to turn it off. I'll go back another time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have to say that Dark Souls can freak the sh*t out of me at the moment, playing it for the first time at the moment.

Huge amounts of tension and dread and forcing yourself to be calm under pressure, has a lot in common with survival horror imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Not got much time this month for playing but I'm trying to squeeze in a couple of horror games. Playing Corpse Party atm, only on Chapter 1 and doubt I'll be done before Halloween. Stuck in Condemned 2: Bloodshot at the weekend - showing its age but still got a good atmosphere. The daughter has heard of Slender: The Arrival so she has me on a promise to play that at the weekend to hear me squeal - not sure that's going to happen but at least the game is short. Not wholly horror but I'm playing through Alice: Madness Returns as well at the moment and Doom 3 is in the background at the moment as well.

Not got much time this month for playing but I'm trying to squeeze in a couple of horror games. Playing Corpse Party atm, only on Chapter 1 and doubt I'll be done before Halloween. Not wholly horror but I'm playing through Alice: Madness Returns as well at the moment
    Be careful of the stuff you should be doing / not doing to get endings. I'm hoping to give the last chapter a retry and I'll let you know so you're not frustrated, it's very annoying.
    I have to say that Dark Souls can freak the sh*t out of me at the moment, playing it for the first time at the moment.
    Huge amounts of tension and dread and forcing yourself to be calm under pressure, has a lot in common with survival horror imo.
    I know what you mean, even watching people I feel that. Not horror but you're still getting the buzz, that's the important thing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Xenji wrote: »

Been playing a bit more of this myself too, enjoying it despite the weird control mechanism. The gyroscope in the controller doesn't mimic the movements quite accurately enough, so sometimes gets stuck or confused about where you're pointing it.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Been playing a bit more of this myself too, enjoying it despite the weird control mechanism. The gyroscope in the controller doesn't mimic the movements quite accurately enough, so sometimes gets stuck or confused about where you're pointing it.
    Not just me finding the movement weird, because I can't do duel analog well I thought it was just me.

I finished Corpse Party finally, I had to replay the last chapter from the start and do certain things. Definitely give it a look on a walk-through or ask me, some weird choices and timing.
    Delighted with myself, I'll go back and finish the extra chapters another time.

Cross posting
    Yomawari arrived today! I didn't think I'd get it do fast, raging I missed the other pre-order with goodies but just so glad it even got released.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cross posting
    Yomawari arrived today! I didn't think I'd get it do fast, raging I missed the other pre-order with goodies but just so glad it even got released.

Where did you pre order from?

• Advertisement

Where did you pre order from?
    I was kinda low on time I forgot about it so the Nis store http://store.nisaeurope.com/
    I didn't know what the other stuff came with the bigger pre-order only after this and I didn't find one in stock til the weekend sure it was shipped by then. Ah sure I have it, happy enough

I went to Dinorex's at the weekend and played Resi on the PSVR, very short but it was good.
    We played Dead End Road, Monstrum, Spooky's House of Jump Scares and NightCry. I hope NC comes to Vita it was great fun.
    zavsy1vbou3cll0fqxtj.gif

Advertisement