Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool 12:30pm

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As a neutral, finding this very poor standard, its far too frantic, with no-one keeping possession.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

:)
    tippspur wrote: »
    Wanyama one of our better players today.

Honourable shout out to lamela too

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Eriksen again giving it away.he cannot start the next game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Gladly take the point. Pool should of capitalized in the first half. Much improved in the 2nd half, but without creating much.

Only three games in. Gonna take 5-6 games before the team starts to click.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Meh, ****e but will take the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Good point considering how poor we were.dembele will be a big throw in now

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

:)

Honourable shout out to lamela too

I will add Janseen to that..he seems to be very good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Gladly take the point. Pool should of capitalized in the first half. Much improved in the 2nd half, but without creating much.

Only three games in. Gonna take 5-6 games before the team starts to click.

I think if it takes you 9 games to get into your stride, its too many.

That's a quarter of the season, sets you up poorly if it takes you that long to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Have to be happy with a point,it didn't look like we would get anything out of it for most of the game,Kane,Alli and Eriksen totally off form today,if we don't buck things up we'll be out of the CL fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Liverpool played well and we started slowly. Though we got away with a draw.

Unbeaten so far this season. Having played two teams who will be expected to challenge for the Top 6.

Our next three matches are against teams we'd be expected to beat.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think if it takes you 9 games to get into your stride, its too many.

That's a quarter of the season, sets you up poorly if it takes you that long to get going.

We got 3 points from 4 games last season, and look where we ended up.

5 points from 3 games this season, so hopefully moving in the right direction.

Liverpool will become a top team under Klopp, given time. Never want to lose playing those around you. A solid point, early doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Have to be happy with a point,it didn't look like we would get anything out of it for most of the game,Kane,Alli and Eriksen totally off form today,if we don't buck things up we'll be out of the CL fairly quick.

I hope you're joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just watched the a replay of Liverpool's disallowed goal there now,have to say we got very lucky with that one,looked onside.

Ormus wrote: »
    I hope you're joking.

latest?cb=20110923235241

Just watched the a replay of Liverpool's disallowed goal there now,have to say we got very lucky with that one,looked onside.

It's a case of ifs and buts..... Mané should have been sent off. Their peno could have been a free kick. Janssen could have got a peno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

That was an awful performance but at least we didnt cave and fought back for a point.

Kane was so poor today whereas Janssen made life hell for the Liverpool back 4.

It was also one of the worst refereeing performances ive seen in a long time. For both teams. Absolutely no consistency in the decisions. The best example for me was Janssen getting blocked in the first half and its play on. And vertonghen putting his arm across Origi and gets a yellow. At least he was moving towards the ball!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Did anyone else see this? Incriminating photos of Lamela eye gouging Lovren. I didn't see until now, I wonder if its enough to warrant reprimand. http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/tottenhams-erik-lamela-pictured-eye-gouging-liverpools-dejan-lovren/?

Any idea why Trippier wasn't on the bench on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kimsang wrote: »
    Did anyone else see this? Incriminating photos of Lamela eye gouging Lovren. I didn't see until now, I wonder if its enough to warrant reprimand. http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/tottenhams-erik-lamela-pictured-eye-gouging-liverpools-dejan-lovren/?

Yeah saw that, looks pretty bad. Absolutely no excuse for ever doing that, just asking for a long ban. Should be fined several weeks wages if it happens.

Alli was up to his old tricks again too, standing on Firmino's leg. He seemed to get praised in the press last season for having a bit of needle about him. Someone needs to tell him that it's selfish to get into person battles on the pitch, as it's the team that will suffer when he inevitably gets sent off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement