Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool 12:30pm

Options
  • 26-08-2016 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

thumb_10407_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Tottenham's Mousa Dembele serves the fifth game of a six-match ban but Kevin Wimmer returns after injury.

Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris remains sidelined by a hamstring injury but should return at Stoke on 10 September.

Liverpool midfielder Emre Can is doubtful with an ankle injury, while Divock Origi will be assessed after suffering cramp against Burton.

Sadio Mane missed the defeat to Burnley last weekend with a shoulder injury but returned in midweek and is available.

Head-to-head

Tottenham are winless in their last seven league games against Liverpool, losing five of those matches and conceding a total of 19 goals.
    Both of last season's meetings ended in draws - 0-0 at White Hart Lane and 1-1 at Anfield.
    Games between these sides have produced nine Premier League own goals - more than any other fixture.

Hard to tell what Liverpool will turn up? Tons of attacking options which makes them dangerous, added pace with Mane, but a woeful defense.

Against Burnley they were taking turns at Stevie G's wonder strikes from 30/40 yards ending up in row Z.

Keep things solid at the back, should just about nick it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Apparently Coutinho is a doubt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This will be a tough game. Liverpool were poor against Burnley, but i'd expect a much better performance this week. Coutinho being out would be a very good thing for us, as he's probably their best player. Mane looks very dangerous though, and i'd expect him to cause us some trouble.

1-1 i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

Have a feeling Liverpool will win this handy, I still think we look toothless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Im looking forward to this one.

Havent seen anything of Liverpool yet but to me itll come down to how well we create chances and whether we can stop their counters. Id be happy with either 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. Might need the extra man in the middle for this one and if Alli is healthy then I expect him to start with Janssen on the bench.

We owe this bunch one.

2-1 to the spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    This will be a tough game. Liverpool were poor against Burnley, but i'd expect a much better performance this week. Coutinho being out would be a very good thing for us, as he's probably their best player. Mane looks very dangerous though, and i'd expect him to cause us some trouble.

1-1 i'd say.

Yeah I think Mane is their big dangerman. Almost unplayable on his day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I'd play both Kane and Janssen, drop Eriksen for Alli.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Would expect a home win tomorrow. Ali back in and lets get this party started😆😆😆😆😆

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

golfball37 wrote: »
    Have a feeling Liverpool will win this handy, I still think we look toothless.
    You've come to this opinion after only two games?I think we could win this,even a draw wouldn't be a bad result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Play Alli on the left?

Its great that we have options now. Last season I could pick the starting line the day before every game based on who played last game.

Liverpools defence is a shambles, and if we set up the right way I think we can frustrate them even though we're at home. Dier and Wanyama for me, but i'd prefer Eriksen's passing prowess if Jansen and Kane start. I think more likely one of them will be dropped and ali starts #10.

I'm not usually this optimistic but 3:0 spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I see us winning this 2 1 with Liverpool scoring in the 85th minute to give us a scare....think Kane will score a penalty and Jansen get off the mark after an assist from delle alli....quite specific but had a dream about it last night.

Liverpool defence seem suspect but they play well against the big teams.

On a different note, does anyone know why delle alli has dropped alli off his jersey...commentator said for personal reasons but haven't heard anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

From Wiki

Alli was initially brought up by his English mother, Denise, who suffered from alcohol problems. At the age of 13, he moved into the family home of Alan and Sally Hickford, parents of another young footballer with MK Dons and whom he refers to as his "adoptive parents" although he was never legally adopted by them. In the summer of 2016, Alli elected to stop wearing the name "Alli" on his match shirts because he felt no connection with the Alli family name.

Vorm, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose. Dier, Wanyama. Lamela, Eriksen, Alli. Kane.

Eriksen has been really poor, lucky to start. He really needs competition.

McGee, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Onomah, Winks, Janssen, Son

Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Coys ill take a 1 nil going in off Kane's
    ass! Expecting a high score draw though

1st beer of the day, expecting a high paced game.

Kimsang wrote: »
    Play Alli on the left?

He doesn't really stay out wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol Henderson keeping the great passing going from last week. Straight out of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

1st beer of the day, expecting a high paced game.

What, you waited till 12:30 for your first beer?
    Pssh.

Gifting a goal, c'mon now. Well done Vorm.

Cant believe that wasnt a goal. Blast that into the goal FFS!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What, you waited till 12:30 for your first beer?
    Pssh.

Are you calling me a lightweight?

Are you calling me a lightweight?

Yes. A big loosery lightweight.

Lovern, jaysus.

Well done Vorm!

Pool on top.