Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool 12:30pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

One way flow at the moment. Vorm is being Neo today...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Should of started from the off, delighted Pochettino realized this early on.

Shout for a peno surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Having Dier and Wanyama playing centre mid brought a lot of pressure on.

We're really missing Dembele to drive forward from CM.

Walker going off could be brilliant or a nightmare. Alli will be more attacking from CM but may leave us far more open.

Let's see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

Crying out for a creative midfielder. We can't keep the ball and as I said earlier look toothless

• Advertisement

I see Walker going off as a positive, Dier can read the game.

That's certainly a yellow card? He's been best player on pitch too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Spurs denied an absolute stonewall peno and Mane should be off. Typical Liverpool stuff.

Much improved with the change. Janssen is a workhorse.

Very soft peno?

• Advertisement

Looked just outside box to me. Can't say it's undeserved though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It's all we deserve unfortunately.

Not much flow, a lot of free kicks.

I think we'll get back into this, Eriksen needs to up his game. Alli's been pretty quite. No service into the forwards. Pool deserve there lead thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

lost the ball early on a few times from the back, and since then our only idea has been the long ball. Not the spurs team we're used to seeing as of late. far too panicked. Fair play to liverpool though they're harassing the hell out of us. Just wish we had a bit more composure. If we can beat that press there's a weak defence behind it

I think it's only a matter of time before Mane is sent off. It could be our only relieve if he is.

We need to get the foot on the ball but Liverpool have been non-stop in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

I'm baffled by people support of Lamela. I see it here and on Reddit. People are glad they stuck with Jim after a hard first year. I can't see it. I've said it before. He is slow. Can't pass a player. Can't pass a ball. I see people use stats to say he created most chances forgetting he's on corners which is included. I went into this game with an open mind. And he has been at his worst again. The penalty excluded, in the first half he has won 2 tackles and had one pass of note in the opposition half. Horrendous from a 'creative' player. He slows down any attack he's involved in. Aside from the goal against Everton I think he has been awful in the first two games aswell. We need pace. Look at the effect Mane has for Liverpool. He's been frustrating me for years and I'm thinking deluded Spurs fans and a manager sticking by him is not helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not sure if Liverpool are brilliant or we are just ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Really soft peno given to them. The one on Janssen was a much clearer penalty. Alan Smith showing his Arsenal colours on commentary.

Second best so far, although we were slightly improved after the substitution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Vertonghen's pull down of Matip was the most blatant peno incident of the game but I see no one here has mentioned that.

• Advertisement

I think it's only a matter of time before Mane is sent off.

Never goes in our favor. Pochettino will have a few choice words. I keep harping on about Eriksen, if he doesn't improve, then whip him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Vertonghen's pull down of Matip was the most blatant peno incident of the game but I see no one here has mentioned that.

It was less blatant than Matip's block on Janssen. Both were penalties, both moreso than the one that was actually given.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

DaDerv wrote: »
    I'm baffled by people support of Lamela. I see it here and on Reddit. People are glad they stuck with Jim after a hard first year. I can't see it. I've said it before. He is slow. Can't pass a player. Can't pass a ball. I see people use stats to say he created most chances forgetting he's on corners which is included. I went into this game with an open mind. And he has been at his worst again. The penalty excluded, in the first half he has won 2 tackles and had one pass of note in the opposition half. Horrendous from a 'creative' player. He slows down any attack he's involved in. Aside from the goal against Everton I think he has been awful in the first two games aswell. We need pace. Look at the effect Mane has for Liverpool. He's been frustrating me for years and I'm thinking deluded Spurs fans and a manager sticking by him is not helping.

Nope nope nope nope nope.

The ref didn't give it and spoke to BOTH players because Matip jumped on to the ground and rolled.

It was a small shirt pull combined with a dive. Hence no peno given.

Mane really should be gone, but sad indictment that we need help getting back into this. Liverpool are no great shakes at all but we are just worse.

Alli needs to be pushed up.

Thank fúck for that, Tyler nearly jizzed on the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Lads i missed the first half, any cliffs?
    Liverpool look far superior to us in the second half so far.

Hammar wrote: »
    Lads i missed the first half, any cliffs?
    Liverpool look far superior to us in the second half so far.

Pool been the better team. I can't recall us having a decent attempt. 30 minutes to go, hopefully there's an improvement.

• Advertisement

DaDerv wrote: »
    I'm baffled by people support of Lamela.

I'm more worried about Eriksen than Lamela these days.

Advertisement