Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you owned a pub...

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

^ I see you have put no thought, whatsoever, into this ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

B00! wrote: »
    ^ I see you have put no thought, whatsoever, into this ;):D

:D:D
    Barred.

but I wore shoes for the occasion!
    tumblr_inline_nt3jc3pPpY1qc66qq_500.gif

B00! wrote: »
    but I wore shoes for the occasion!
    tumblr_inline_nt3jc3pPpY1qc66qq_500.gif

As far as I know,she's paid the waiver. She's allowed solicit for customers in the bar until the end of the month.

As far as I know,she's paid the waiver. She's allowed solicit for customers in the bar until the end of the month.
    :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Free Beer Tomorrow

The Rusty Faucet

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

M.T Pockets or P. Escobar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

M.T Pockets

Ennis boasted a hostelry of this name in the 1990s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Kind of harsh on Andy from Sligo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

Peoples Republik

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Phil T. Jacques

I like when a name gives some indication of what to expect inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Harry's hideout. It would be a shebeen/unlicensed joint catering for scumbags barred from everywhere else. I'd run it as a 'free trade zone'. Drinks would only make up for a tiny portion of the menu,and for a small fee paid to the management,hawkers could sell their wares freely and without hindrance or harassment from lawmen,customs and revenue officials and most importantly rival hawkers. Smoking would be compulsory naturally, something that I'd personally enforce.Non smokers can f*ck off and drink somewhere else,we don't roll out the red carpet for that lot,although quite a few have left the premises rolled up in a carpet,usually featuring at least a small spattering of red.Soliciting for the purpose of prostitution,although frowned upon by some of our older patrons,is not banned. The team at Harry's prides itself on liaising with our regulars to enhance the experience we provide,because without them we wouldn't exist.We are also mindful of the often sad circumstances of the women who choose to pursue a career in the sex industry,and quite rightly take the stance that nobody can judge another without walking a mile in their shoes.For if we did,tumbleweed rolling through the hallowed halls of Harry's would be a common enough sight.With this in mind,sex workers can pay a small waiver and tout for business unimpeded.This arrangement is under constant review however as brothel keeping carries severe financial penalties and possibly prison sentences,which would be detrimental to Harry's.The decor is themed on a nineteenth century opium den,with many original artifacts from the era.For the more avid opiate historians, usually liverpudlian visitors,heroin is available in the gift shop.Tinfoil,lighters, milkshakes and jellybabies/wine gums etc are complimentary,and a team of waitresses in authentic attire are always on hand to assist users sampling the product in the opulent surroundings of our house tasting rooms. Unfortunately,at the current time,injecting drug users are barred.This is due to objections from regular punters and some minor hygiene issues,we are currently attempting to come to a resolve that will be deemed acceptable to all parties involved and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. While we like to extend the hand of friendship to all,our door policy is fairly strict so we can maintain a tidy house.
    As mentioned,non smokers are not welcome.We don't serve clergymen of any denomination,serving members of any police force from any jurisdiction worldwide.Travellers are welcome,new age travellers however are not.
    Journalists are barred.
    Freemasons are barred.
    Andy from Sligo is barred.
    People under 40 with beards are barred,except on the 1st Sunday of the month,when we host 'gents night' in solidarity with our lgbt customers.
    Football jerseys are banned,although they can bought at a fraction of the recommended retail price from 'Spanish Cormac' who is usually to be found at the poker machines but they mustn't be worn on the premises.
    Vegans are barred,vegetarians are welcome.
    Footwear must be worn at all times(see new age travellers)
    Solicitors generally don't gain admission,but are allowed in if a trusted patron feels that they need councel.
    We no longer allow firearms in the bar.However they can on occasion be purchased behind the bar.
    Children are barred.
    Pets are welcome,but must be supervised by the owner.
    Guide dogs are not permitted however,as blind people are barred.
    Natives of Co Cavan are barred.
    A warm welcome will be given to anyone not on the above list.Finally the team at Harry's are grateful to all our customers for the support over the years,often through some very trying times.You guys are the best! We also look forward to seeing friends we haven't met,and we will do our utmost to ensure that we make your first visit a memorable one.

Are nuns who drink and smoke allowed to join the Poker game accompanied by their Pitbull terriers ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Inn For a Quick One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Haven't read all the thread but if it hasn't came up...

Stroll Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Plan B!
    Because Plan A never quite works out and sure everyone should have a plan B!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭Gavinz

Cock 'n' Cider

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

'Home'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

TaosHum wrote: »

Why would you call a male pig "puzzles"?

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Are nuns who drink and smoke allowed to join the Poker game accompanied by their Pitbull terriers ;-)

Of course. Nuns,monks etc are welcome.
    They're been getting a hard time in the media lately,a lot of the punters in Harry's frequently have allegations made against them in a certain Sunday tabloid Sometimes true,sometimes not. So the nuns would be in good company.Besides,nuns are simply members of a regular order,not ordained clergymen.
    Priests,ministers,rectors,deacons,rabbis, canons and immans are barred.
    Once the dogs are kept under control they are more than welcome.

• Advertisement

The Duckin Dive

myshirt wrote: »
    Kind of harsh on Andy from Sligo...

I've no problem with Andy personally.But it's for his own safety.
    Henceforth he's barred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

'Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant'

Nice friendly spot.

pajo1981 wrote: »
    'Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant'

Nice friendly spot.

Ah ISIS.They sponsor the snooker player Rory Mc Leod. He done quite well in the ongoing world championship in Sheffield,hadn't managed to qualify for a few years . I was rootin for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I wouldn't pick some random cutesy name, I would try to make some kind of local connection or in-joke. But as for the kind of pub, I would absolutely go for quiet. No loud music, no TVs, booths and snugs, sound absorbing roof tiles and soft furnishings - basically, the opposite of a Temple Bar dive. Anyone who thinks that's boring would be welcome to go somewhere else.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

The first thing I'd do is remove all forms of electronics.

TV, Radio, Slot Machines, Wi-Fi. The lot. And mobiles would be seriously frowned upon.

The only exception is a DUKEBOX.

It would force people to start talking to each other or drinking more.

The interior would be traditional Dublin pub with only whiskey, Guinness and tea. I'd consider serving peanuts as snack food but only under duress or bribery.

No Kids EVER.

Pool Table and Dartboard compulsory. Poker table out back for regulars after hours.

The name would be " Fat Daves "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

The first thing I'd do is remove all forms of electronics.

TV, Radio, Slot Machines, Wi-Fi. The lot. And mobiles would be seriously frowned upon.

The only exception is a DUKEBOX.

It would force people to start talking to each other or drinking more.

The interior would be traditional Dublin pub with only whiskey, Guinness and tea. I'd consider serving peanuts as snack food but only under duress or bribery.

No Kids EVER.

Pool Table and Dartboard compulsory. Poker table out back for regulars after hours.

The name would be " Fat Daves "

Meh.

Advertisement