Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard Thread 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Invincible

Pickford Willy

BERTRAND MAWSON Monreal Stephens Ranocchia

ALLI HAZARD SANCHEZ King Ndidi

AGUERO KANE GABBIADINI

Players in CAPS, are original team, other's came in last night.
    0.0 itb
    Improvements/suggestions welcome.
    BB GW37

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Invincible wrote: »
    Pickford Willy

AGUERO KANE GABBIADINI

0.0 itb
    BB GW37

aguero likely injured

domrush wrote: »
    aguero likely injured

We should know tomorrow, if he is, more upgrading possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    How does this look
    Schemeichel Willy
    Blind Davies Gabriel Azpi Stephens
    King Sane Hazard Alli Albrighton
    Jesus Rashford Kane

Trippier over Bavies? Saves money and should be nailed on now with all the walker exit talk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Thoughts.

Zero in bank.
    Cech Pickford
    Yosh Gabriel Kone Fuchs Benaloune
    Hazard Pedro Sanchez Sterling Redmond
    Kane Gabi Heyzeus

Prob play Redmond on bench this week despite DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Smalling and jones back in full training .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Deco99 wrote: »
    Thoughts.

Zero in bank.
    Cech Pickford
    Yosh Gabriel Kone Fuchs Benaloune
    Hazard Pedro Sanchez Sterling Redmond
    Kane Gabi Heyzeus

Prob play Redmond on bench this week despite DGW.

Other then Pickford I'd avoid Sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Spent ages picking my WC team, wouldn't let me confirm in the end. Hit the back button and it brought Me back to the homepage, have to start all over again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Spent ages picking my WC team, wouldn't let me confirm in the end. Hit the back button and it brought Me back to the homepage, have to start all over again. :)

Happened me too and I cannot even remember all 15 I had. Some annoyance...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Other then Pickford I'd avoid Sunderland

And miss out on an Anichebe brace vs Swansea? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Current WC side. 0 ITB.

Pickford, Cabalero
    Azpilacueta, Stephens, Yoshida, Holgate, Monreal
    Erikssen, King, Sanchez, Sane, Hazard
    Kane, Jesus, Gabiadinni

Feels a bit template and I'm thinking I'm relying too much in Ars/Saints to produce this week.

Maybe I should focus more on next week and GW38? I still have BB left.

Any suggested improvements?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

SkySter wrote: »
    Current WC side. 0 ITB.

Pickford, Cabalero
    Azpilacueta, Stephens, Yoshida, Holgate, Monreal
    Erikssen, King, Sanchez, Sane, Hazard
    Kane, Jesus, Gabiadinni

Feels a bit template and I'm thinking I'm relying too much in Ars/Saints to produce this week.

Maybe I should focus more on next week and GW38? I still have BB left.

Any suggested improvements?

I wouldn't worry too much about template, the template can seem more popular then it actually is - echo chamber effect. If you look at ownership changes and the transfers in/out aren't that much different then normal weeks so I don't think too many people are actually doing the template team. Also, a template becomes a template because all the choices are good ones.

If you do decide to break the mould, the key is whether you drop Sanchez. Expensive, performing badly, on a bad team with no leadership etc... move that money into KDB? a second Spurs mid or Costa and up your defence. It requires balls of steel though.

I would love to do it but the fear, the FEAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Jaggo wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about template, the template can seem more popular then it actually is - echo chamber effect. If you look at ownership changes and the transfers in/out aren't that much different then normal weeks so I don't think too many people are actually doing the template team. Also, a template becomes a template because all the choices are good ones.

If you do decide to break the mould, the key is whether you drop Sanchez. Expensive, performing badly, on a bad team with no leadership etc... move that money into KDB? a second Spurs mid or Costa and up your defence. It requires balls of steel though.

I would love to do it but the fear, the FEAR.

Very well put.

I don't have Sanchez (or any Arsenal), and I don't want to get him in. As you said, bad form, bad team, bad fixtures, but it's hard to ignore him when he will be a hugely popular captain choice, even TC.

Also it's hard to fit everyone in and he's not cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Mustafi back in full training and in contention for Sunday.
    That means back to the drawing board on Gabriel I guess cos even if Mustafi doesn't make Sunday you'd imagine he'd be back for Wednesday or gw37 and part of Gabriel 's appeal was the double double gw.

Is monreal nailed on so (or as nailed on as anyone can be)
    Or would vertonghen be a better pick despite no dgw this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Hi folks,

Last decision on WC:

Ben Davis - Ward Prowse - Costa

Or

Vertongen - Sane - Gabbi

The bottom one has less rotation risk and Gabbi has one extra game. Top one has Costa with great fixtures and iffy form.

Rest of Team

Cech, Caballero;
    Alonso, Monreal, Yoshida, holgate, xxxxx;
    Sanchez, Hazard, Erikson, King, xxxx;
    Jesus, Kane, xxxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Am I mad sticking with Vertonghen over Bavies?

People think Bavies is nailed on for gw37?

It'd take a braver man than I to buy Trippier

For Arsenal/Utd I'm probably going Cech-(Blind or Bailly) over DDG-Gabriel.

Considering getting Courtois to save money selling Alonso. Could see both being rested if title is won early :confused:

Basically I don't know what I'm doing and my defence is a mess apart form Free Willy Caballero.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Ok had to offload Kun to fund rest of team but I'm fairly happy with this except for the 3 Soton:
    Cech Willy
    Alonso Simpson Yoshida Stephens Bavies
    Hazard Sanchez Alli King Ndidi
    Gabbi Jesus Kane

That'll be 5 DGWer's for this week and 14 next week for BB. Had to keep King as he's been so good for me lately and the fixtures are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Jaggo wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Last decision on WC:

Ben Davis - Ward Prowse - Costa

Or

Vertongen - Sane - Gabbi

The bottom one has less rotation risk and Gabbi has one extra game. Top one has Costa with great fixtures and iffy form.

Rest of Team

Cech, Caballero;
    Alonso, Monreal, Yoshida, holgate, xxxxx;
    Sanchez, Hazard, Erikson, King, xxxx;
    Jesus, Kane, xxxx.

Are the Spurs picks on the bench this week in both formations?
    You could look at again with Stephens instead of Yosh.
    I really don't know
    Having faith in 3 games for king especially if it gets you a second Chelsea defender could be another tactic

On your choice I would say the Costa team is better but mainly because the Gabbi sguad does not have 3 Chelsea.

GL

For anyone going Costa instead of Kane I'd still go 3 Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

A question for the wildcarders here. Are you happy enough that you waited til this GW to play the wildcard? Its always hard to tell when is the best time to play the second wildcard. I always find it a bit tight at the end of the season to fully reap the rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Hi lads any thoughts on the below wc team. Will play BB gw37;
    cab pick
    Vert Kosc Alonso Yoshida Holgate
    Haz Alexis Eriksen Sane King
    Kane Jesus Anichebe

0.0 itb. Went for gaur starters for dgw defenders instead of scrimping on cash and trying Gabriel Davies. Anichebe at 4.3 is my enabler. In the top 1k so looking to cement spot with safe enough squad.

• Advertisement

Fant11 wrote: »
    cab pick
    Kane Jesus Anichebe

0.0 itb. Went for gaur starters for dgw defenders instead of scrimping on cash and trying Gabriel Davies. Anichebe at 4.3 is my enabler. In the top 1k so looking to cement spot with safe enough squad.

If you're looking to maximise BB with gametime.
    I'd go with Cech-(United defender) over Pickford-Kosc. Rotation a risk there, but I think Blind should play both games.

If that's not in budget you could move sideways Stephens for Yoshida for Saints cover.

I was looking at Pickford but I'm avoiding him now with Sunderland already down. And on that note I'd look at Ashley Barnes over Anichebe if I could afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Wrecking my head now a bit: (1) Simpson & Ndidi or (2)Benalouane & Lingard. I think option 2 may have limited gametime in GW37 due to United in Europe and maybe Morgan coming back from injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

thunderdog wrote: »
    A question for the wildcarders here. Are you happy enough that you waited til this GW to play the wildcard? Its always hard to tell when is the best time to play the second wildcard. I always find it a bit tight at the end of the season to fully reap the rewards.

Double edged sword I would say, as a wild career this week. I personally think huge gains are to be made in the dgws and they can be maximised by playing the wc so late. Also felt it gave a bit more freedom to take a couple of punts in the weeks before with a security net, i.e. I was able to go heavy on place and Utd players.

But then of course, it can definitely be damaging to hold this long. By saving it this late, there's definitely the possibility of fielding a weakened or unbalanced team that could be sorted with an earlier wildcard, which could potentially cost more points than a late wildcard can make up. Next year I won't be so adamant to hold this late despite the gains I have made , as I feel my team suffered for a lot of the 3rd/4th quarter and perhaps could have be saved with an earlier wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

shineon23 wrote: »
    If you're looking to maximise BB with gametime.
    I'd go with Cech-(United defender) over Pickford-Kosc. Rotation a risk there, but I think Blind should play both games.

If that's not in budget you could move sideways Stephens for Yoshida for Saints cover.

I was looking at Pickford but I'm avoiding him now with Sunderland already down. And on that note I'd look at Ashley Barnes over Anichebe if I could afford it.

Just wondering what you mean about maximising bb with gametime with regard cech and Utd def ahead of pick/kosc? Both options will play twice in gw37. Tough to pick a Utd defender with such uncertainty over rotation. Agree with Anichebe worry but funds are tight. Thanks for the advice here.

Invincible wrote: »
    Pickford Willy

AGUERO KANE GABBIADINI

0.0 itb
    BB GW37

Any opinions lad's?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wife gave birth to our second today, chances to amend team likely to be limited tomorrow. Thoughts appreciated please. BB planned for GW37

Willy/Pickford
    Monreal/Alonso/Yoshida/Stephens/Trippier
    Sanchez/Alli/Sane/Albrighton/Capoue
    Costa/Kane/Jesus

0.4itb

On WC obv

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Bavies and blind
    Or
    Trippier and Fuchs?

Sticking with Gabriel for this week anway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

cab pick
    Kane Jesus Anichebe

Reallyl like it.

Kos Yosh to Azpi Stephens?

Just wondering what you mean about maximising bb with gametime with regard cech and Utd def ahead of pick/kosc? Both options will play twice in gw37. Tough to pick a Utd defender with such uncertainty over rotation. Agree with Anichebe worry but funds are tight. Thanks for the advice here.

I meant maximising it as a whole, as in do you want to squeeze in as many double game week players as possible, in risking Pickford/Anichebe who have nothing to play for.
    Sunderland could ship a lot and are unlikely to keep any clean sheets and I can't see Anichebe scoring.
    That's why I'd look at Barnes in same price bracket.
    I'd even probably go with Jakupovic over Pickford as well if funds were tight and not set on getting as many doublers as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

KevIRL wrote: »
    Wife gave birth to our second today, chances to amend team likely to be limited tomorrow. Thoughts appreciated please. BB planned for GW37

Willy/Pickford
    Monreal/Alonso/Yoshida/Stephens/Trippier
    Sanchez/Alli/Sane/Albrighton/Capoue
    Costa/Kane/Jesus

0.4itb

On WC obv

heartiest congratulations

This beats any previous" I know I'm an fpl addict" examples by a country mile

Advertisement