Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard Thread 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will ozil playing have any affect on Giroud gametime

i.e. will it push Sanchez up to Girouds position ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

5pm, happy out with my team. Out all evening, log back in at 12 to read the news about Costa, tear up team and rushing trying to get it someways sorted before price rises/drops

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

5pm, happy out with my team. Out all evening, log back in at 12 to read the news about Costa, tear up team and rushing trying to get it someways sorted before price rises/drops

I was the same
    So just got Kane in instead
    Had to sell phil Jones to do it though which was grand cos 4.8 was a lot on someone I was not going to use much
    Got in Ben mee instead but could change him yet

km79 wrote: »
    I was the same
    So just got Kane in instead
    Had to sell phil Jones to do it though which was grand cos 4.8 was a lot on someone I was not going to use much
    Got in Ben mee instead but could change him yet

Mee isn't a bad option. Didn't have to do as much changing as I had thought I would, Aguero and Pedro in for Costa and Lallana.
    Think I'm happy with that and if Costa and Conte decide to kiss and make up in a week or two after Costa has dropped .4 or .5, that would be ok as well

Mee isn't a bad option. Didn't have to do as much changing as I had thought I would, Aguero and Pedro in for Costa and Lallana.
    Think I'm happy with that and if Costa and Conte decide to kiss and make up in a week or two after Costa has dropped .4 or .5, that would be ok as well

I'm sticking cos I basically wanted a defender who has an OK fixture for this week and again in 2 weeks time for BB so mee will do
    and who knows Kane may rise another .1
    Costa drop .4 and then comes back for hull......then I'll be .5 richer :D
    although I did say never again ..........but in tbis situation he will have benefitted me and hurt rivals ..... especially if Kane scores today. So I may forgive him !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Settled on this I think; 3-4-3

Dr Gea (Jaku)

Baines Rose Shlupp Chambers Pieters

Pedro Sanchez Alli Phillips Stanislas

Ibra Kane Giroud

0.2 itb

Can upgrade shlupp to brunt if the gamble doesn't work but with zaha away he might play as a winger

Pedro should be great value with the Costa situation.

Giroud/kane can become Aguero/cheapie if need be.

Only decision is whether to keep Pieters or is there a better 4.4 option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

LostArt wrote: »
    Currently at

Grant/Randolph
    Baines, Rose, Jones, Brunt, Chambers
    Alli, Sanchez, Coutinho, Stanislas, Phillips
    Costa, Ibra, Diomande

1.4itb

Costa news destroyed this on me, panic now!
    Probably doing Costa and Coutinho to Hazard and Giroud

Settled on this I think; 3-4-3

Dr Gea (Jaku)

Baines Rose Shlupp Chambers Pieters

Pedro Sanchez Alli Phillips Stanislas

Ibra Kane Giroud

0.2 itb

Can upgrade shlupp to brunt if the gamble doesn't work but with zaha away he might play as a winger

Pedro should be great value with the Costa situation.

Giroud/kane can become Aguero/cheapie if need be.

Only decision is whether to keep Pieters or is there a better 4.4 option?

Not seeing much at 4.4 apart from Chambers who you already have so I'd probably stick with Pieters for now, tho his fixtures start to get s bit tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

My final one hour to deadline wildcard conundrum is Daniels vs Brunt.

Obviously this week Daniels is the better option this week, he will definitely play, and will not be away to Spurs.

However this week is not as consequential because I can play Jones and Phillips as my 2 from 3 with either him or Brunt (obviously one of those would be likely to lose out if I picked Pieters.

Thinking more (but not solely) about next week onwards do I go for the all season great score of Charlie Daniels, who is 3rd highest defender to date or Brunt who has scored well in a shorter period of time, can play OOP and has the admittedly regressing Pulisball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

All right. I've taken it easy for the past couple of weeks and the game wreaked havoc for my return. Payet & Costa gone mad :eek:. Hazard dropping :confused:... No news on Alonso. Less than 1h to fix my WC...

• Advertisement

Unless one of them throws their toys out of the pram in the next half hour, I've settled on

Heaton
    Rose Daniels Chambers
    Sanchez Alli Pedro Phillips
    Aguero Giroud Ibra

Pickford Brunt Baines De Roon

Zero itb and no Liverpool coverage being my only concern, but Liverpool have some tough fixtures the next while so may not be a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Origi or Benteke for the next few games anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Neither...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Definitely not Origi. Benteke if it's the only other option. But not one I'm that enthused by either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

spock. wrote: »
    Neither...
    Who would you go for? Already have Gray and Aguero - 7.7 itb

Jaysus neither !
    Origi won't start and benteke has been WOEFUL last few weeks
    In fantast and real life
    Awful
    I watched him closely with a fmview to getting him
    Awful

Probably Rondon. I'd prefer an extra midfielder though so maybe just get Barnes and upgrade your 5th mid?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Randolph mignolet
    Baines Daniels Alonso brunt chambers
    Stanislas Sanchez alli Pedro Phillips
    Defoe giroud IBRA.
    Set it up for BB next week I've left 2.8 itb to do defoe to sturridge if he is going to start. Or alternatively I could get a liv mid.

Panic mode my friends... Which GK for max £4.5m to pair with Heaton and with a view to BB next GW?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Panic mode my friends... Which GK for max £4.5m to pair with Heaton and with a view to BB next GW?

Randolph rotates well and has no blanks for the rest of the season

• Advertisement

Wow :eek:. Never rushed a WC this badly ever! Game being updated so don't know how I ended up... Hopefully I saved my latest changes.

Team should be
    Heaton Randolph
    Alonso Baines McAuley Chambers Holebas
    Sanchez Alli Pedro Coutinho Phillips
    Ibra Giroud Defoe
    £0.1m IT IIRC

Brunt yellow flagged & Hazard dropping were no helps for this WC that I suspect was too early. I also tried not to over-focus too much on the BB next GW (hence I kept Heaton with a long-term view in mind). These chips are a pain to the real game in my opinion anyway. So I'll be glad just to have my TC left after next GW :p.

Just realised there's actually a GW going on and the team I built is for next GW :pac:... Can't remember if I sorted my bench, GK & captain accordingly. Ah can only laugh now :rolleyes: :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Wow :eek:. Never rushed a WC this badly ever! Game being updated so don't know how I ended up... Hopefully I saved my latest changes.

Team should be
    Heaton Randolph
    Alonso Baines McAuley Chambers Holebas
    Sanchez Alli Pedro Coutinho Phillips
    Ibra Giroud Defoe
    £0.1m IT IIRC

Brunt yellow flagged & Hazard dropping were no helps for this WC that I suspect was too early. I also tried not to over-focus too much on the BB next GW (hence I kept Heaton with a long-term view in mind). These chips are a pain to the real game in my opinion anyway. So I'll be glad just to have my TC left after next GW :p.
    Just realised there's actually a GW going on and the team I built is for next GW :pac:... Can't remember if I sorted my bench, GK & captain accordingly. Ah can only laugh now :rolleyes: :pac:...

The way this game is, that 'error' could be a masterstroke! :pac:

km79 wrote: »
    I'm sticking cos I basically wanted a defender who has an OK fixture for this week and again in 2 weeks time for BB so mee will do
    and who knows Kane may rise another .1
    Costa drop .4 and then comes back for hull......then I'll be .5 richer :D
    although I did say never again ..........but in tbis situation he will have benefitted me and hurt rivals ..... especially if Kane scores today. So I may forgive him !

All
    Is
    Forgiven

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Whoever suggested to swap from Vert to Walker. Love you x.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hello!

Just realised there's actually a GW going on and the team I built is for next GW pacman.gif... Can't remember if I sorted my bench, GK & captain accordingly. Ah can only laugh now rolleyes.pngpacman.gif...
    The way this game is, that 'error' could be a masterstroke! :pac:
    Ended up with Sanchez (C). Probably was there since the end of last GW (kinda remember putting the captaincy on a "default" premium in case...).
    Heaton in goal. Good. Randolph did get a CS too but Heaton is a BP whore :P. Baines playing ahead of Chambers prob my only non-change.

So far, great immediate return from my WC. Kane masterclass & Giroud injury the bad news.

Turns out my team if I didn't wildcard would have outscored my wildcard team by 1 point.

I sold Alonso, Arnie and Koscielny who got 45 points between them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hernandez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Activated wc last night, will catch a few rises but what ya think of this draft?

Foster pickford (will let him drop first)
    Alonso rose brunt chambers holgate
    Sanchez coutinho Ali Philips Pedro
    Ibra KAne crouch
    Playing a 3 5 2 most weeks

Advertisement