Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard Thread 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Very nice team. I'd go with Barnes over Crouch with Berahino moving to Stoke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

As much as I think I might come to regret not having the WC when the blank/DGW madness starts, my team needed a shake up - and I was set to lose around 0.4 in value tonight. So here goes nothing:

Foster Jaku
    Nyom Yoshida Alonso Mee Holgate
    Coutinho Pedro Sanchez Eriksen De Roon
    Costa Ibra Giroud

I contemplated putting Wimmer in there, but I will wait for confirmation that he is the Vertonghen replacement, albeit a short term (6 week) solution.

I'm still contemplating Baines instead of Alonso, because it would let me strengthen the rest of my defence a bit more. I'm unsure of Holgate, for example.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

As much as I think I might come to regret not having the WC when the blank/DGW madness starts, my team needed a shake up - and I was set to lose around 0.4 in value tonight. So here goes nothing:

Foster Jaku
    Nyom Yoshida Alonso Mee Holgate
    Coutinho Pedro Sanchez Eriksen De Roon
    Costa Ibra Giroud

I contemplated putting Wimmer in there, but I will wait for confirmation that he is the Vertonghen replacement, albeit a short term (6 week) solution.

I'm still contemplating Baines instead of Alonso, because it would let me strengthen the rest of my defence a bit more. I'm unsure of Holgate, for example.

Thoughts?

Can you turn Foster Nyom and DeRoon into Randolph Brunt and 4.2 say?
    Nyom although cleared may not play tomo but is a good pick imo. FM for everton looks good value too, with Holgate is perhaps a stretch too far but he is cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

ElTel wrote: »
    Can you turn Foster Nyom and DeRoon into Randolph Brunt and 4.2 say?
    Nyom although cleared may not play tomo but is a good pick imo. FM for everton looks good value too, with Holgate is perhaps a stretch too far but he is cheap.

Thanks, that does sound like a decent alternative but I don't quite trust that Randolph will keep Adrian out for the remainder of the season. I hadn't realised how cheap Funes Mori was now, though, so certainly food for thought. I could have him instead of Nyom if I did De Roon to Kightly.

Thanks, that does sound like a decent alternative but I don't quite trust that Randolph will keep Adrian out for the remainder of the season. I hadn't realised how cheap Funes Mori was now, though, so certainly food for thought. I could have him instead of Nyom if I did De Roon to Kightly.

Go for one of the Saints lads (Hojbjerg ahead of Sims imo as he gets more gametime but more defensive) or Caroll the x-spurs mid who signed for Swansea for 4.2M perhaps.

Did you consider Valdez?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

spock. wrote: »
    Very nice team. I'd go with Barnes over Crouch with Berahino moving to Stoke though.
    Ye good shout that move may have messed me up, still going give Crouch a few weeks catch the rises and shift him on with Barnes the leading contender

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So wildcard it is then.

Heres what im looking at as of now.

Heaton / Jaku

Jones / Alonso / Brunt / Chambers / Amat

Sanchez / Alli / Coutinho / Stanislas / Hojbjerg

Defoe / Costa / Ibra

Only thing i taught about changing would be having Hazard instead of Alli or Coutinho and Barnes instead of Defoe. Ive had Hazard on and off this season but i feel hes playing well just not really explosive enough for his price as such. I can see Defoe continuing to score and im sorry i dropped him the last couple of games.

So wildcard it is then.

Heaton / Jaku

Defoe / Costa / Ibra

Only thing i taught about changing would be having Hazard instead of Alli or Coutinho and Barnes instead of Defoe. Ive had Hazard on and off this season but i feel hes playing well just not really explosive enough for his price as such. I can see Defoe continuing to score and im sorry i dropped him the last couple of games.

Structure wise don't put Barnes and Hojbjerg in a 15 imo.
    Anything itb? You still going well?
    Looks smart to have an everton defender atm.

Structure wise don't put Barnes and Hojbjerg in a 15 imo.
    Anything itb? You still going well?
    Looks smart to have an everton defender atm.

Hojbjerg is there to enable other options he wont be used much and he plays here and there anyway.

Ill go with Defoe ahead of Barnes now.

I think im fairly well stocked at the back only for Amat but again he plays here and there and is cheap.

Ive nothing in the bank so for 5mil or lower are any of the Everton defenders gonna outscore Chambers or Brunt? I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So wildcard it is then.

Heaton / Jaku

Defoe / Costa / Ibra

Needs more Everton. Have you considered the blank gwks? Better off using this opportunity now to start getting prepared for them.

• Advertisement

Needs more Everton. Have you considered the blank gwks? Better off using this opportunity now to start getting prepared for them.

Well the blank game weeks id be missing maybe two or three out of that team at the most?

Who would you change?
    The only Everton player id go near now would be Lukaku and even then i dont trust him cause hes screwed me more then once.

In defense i dunno id be looking at someone 5 mil or less and then its less attractive. Brunt is better going and gets the points at the back if any then any of the 5 mil defenders for Everton. Plus i see Boro as a fairly solid team at the back also they have a lot of clean sheets this season and Chambers has picked up few bonus points of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Well the blank game weeks id be missing maybe two or three out of that team at the most?

Who would you change?
    The only Everton player id go near now would be Lukaku and even then i dont trust him cause hes screwed me more then once.

In defense i dunno id be looking at someone 5 mil or less and then its less attractive. Brunt is better going and gets the points at the back if any then any of the 5 mil defenders for Everton. Plus i see Boro as a fairly solid team at the back also they have a lot of clean sheets this season and Chambers has picked up few bonus points of late.

There might only be 3 games in gwk28 so you're looking at maybe only having Brunt and Stanislas as starters. Obviously there's fts in the mean time but better off saving them. I'd look at Funes Mori rather than Jones but he may not be 100% nailed so its a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Getting head wrecked with my WC options. Need to do it this week to allow bench boost GW36, TC GW 37 and possibly AOA on GW38. Any advice welcome!

Current team:

DDG/ Pickford

Bavies / Alonso / Cedric / Baily / Amat

King / Zaha / Couthinio / Sanchez / Ericsson

Lukaku / Kane / Carroll

Thinking of WC to:

Caballero / Pickford

Daniels / Alonso / Bailly / Cedric / Holgate

King / Sane / Couthinio / Sanchez / Ericsson

Coata / Kane / Anicihebe

Would love to have Hazard and Aguero but just can't seem to fit them in so have to settle for Sane / Costa.

Could do Couthinio to Ward-Prose and Sane to Hazard but then I'd have 2 Chelsea and no 'pool cover.....

Issac wrote: »
    Getting head wrecked with my WC options. Need to do it this week to allow bench boost GW36, TC GW 37 and possibly AOA on GW38. Any advice welcome!

Current team:

DDG/ Pickford

Lukaku / Kane / Carroll

Thinking of WC to:

Caballero / Pickford

Coata / Kane / Anicihebe

Would love to have Hazard and Aguero but just can't seem to fit them in so have to settle for Sane / Costa.

Could do Couthinio to Ward-Prose and Sane to Hazard but then I'd have 2 Chelsea and no 'pool cover.....

FHFC is BBing in GW36 and on WC. No pressure. :pac:

I'm not in WC mode but if you have not pulled the trigger and still stressed....forget AOA, WC tomo BB37 and TC in GW38.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

FHFC is BBing in GW36 and on WC. No pressure. :pac:

I'm not in WC mode but if you have not pulled the trigger and still stressed....forget AOA, WC tomo BB37 and TC in GW38.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I'm well ahead on one of my leagues so should be OK with that regardless.
    Other league turns into a cup competition for the last three weeks (for the top 8 that qualify for it) so it makes sense to keep my BB and WC for the semi-final and final of that.

Thanks! You know this just means I've another week to keep changing my team now! What have you done ?!?!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Issac wrote: »

Current team:

DDG/ Pickford

Lukaku / Kane / Carroll

Thinking of WC to:

Caballero / Pickford

Coata / Kane / Anicihebe

If you're gonna BB in GW36 I'd look at that back line. Daniels is a great option but expensive and you'll probably not play him in 37 (as you've 3 DGW defs), maybe go for a cheaper Bou defender. Or, teams with cheap defs for GW36 I've looked at are Leicester (Huth 4.9 and rising possibly tonight, or Morgan 4.6 but probably not fit for GW35), Hull (Maguire 4.4), Burnley (a few at 4.5m)

As for Cedric, I think he's very liable to be rotated for one of the 4 games in 10 days as Puel does and has rotated the full backs when the going gets tough (but shhh, don't tell shineon :)). And why spend the extra 0.7m for a small but more attacking threat over Stephens?

Albrighton is another option for a GW36 BB, great fixture there and cheap. If you downgraded Coutinho to him your getting a lot of cash to spend.

Some of those changes might free up a few quid if they appeal to you, but go with your gut and don't let me put you off a player you fancy.

Another saving would be to drop Bailly for one of those cheaper guys with a good GW36 fixture. You've a lot spent in defence and are only gonna play all 5 in GW36. Holgate home to Watford is a good option in 37, while United have a tough game in 36 (although based on Jose's form thats a nailed on 0-0).

The Anichibe thing is not for me, but can see the appeal. But not ideal for a GW36 BB either. Away to Hull a tough fixture.

Ah, he didn't bite Isaac.

What say you WCers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Strong critical players surrounded by minnows or more balanced team for setting up BB week 37

eg is it worth getting in random DGW'ers to fund having all of Aguero, Costa ,Kane, Sanchez, Coutinho, Alli

Strong critical players surrounded by minnows or more balanced team for setting up BB week 37

eg is it worth getting in random DGW'ers to fund having all of Aguero, Costa ,Kane, Sanchez, Coutinho, Alli

Show me your other 9.
    WC active? itb?

Show me your other 9.
    WC active? itb?

Sorry just realised 3 guys hardly play so changed team

Had to sacrifice 1 so sacrificed Alli

Pickford Caballero

Evans, Britos, Yoshida Davies Holgate

Sanchez, Ndidi Dier T Carroll Coutinho

Costa Aguero Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Looking at::

Cabarello, Pickford
    Alonso, Stephens,holgate, holding, ake
    Haz, Sanchez, Ali, king, Pugh
    Aguero, Kane, Gabbi

0.0 in the bank
    Main worries are:
    Ake, won't play and prevents me getting another Chelsea player, especially Costa if aguero/Kane gets injured
    Holgate/holgate, not guaranteed a place by any means, would rather know at least one would keep their place, but their price enables a better 1st 11
    Pugh, is their any better options at this price?

This gives a great team for 37 with Kane/aguero triple captain, but a crap bench boost. Any suggestions? I can swap pugh to Carroll and upgrade ake to a starter, maybe britos or someone?

Surely anybody using WC this week is looking at double Chelsea defence with Cech in goal.

Surely anybody using WC this week is looking at double Chelsea defence with Cech in goal.

Why on earth??

No way Arsenal keep a clean sheet this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Looking at::

Cabarello, Pickford
    Alonso, Stephens,holgate, holding, ake
    Haz, Sanchez, Ali, king, Pugh
    Aguero, Kane, Gabbi

0.0 in the bank
    Main worries are:
    Ake, won't play and prevents me getting another Chelsea player, especially Costa if aguero/Kane gets injured
    Holgate/holgate, not guaranteed a place by any means, would rather know at least one would keep their place, but their price enables a better 1st 11
    Pugh, is their any better options at this price?

This gives a great team for 37 with Kane/aguero triple captain, but a crap bench boost. Any suggestions? I can swap pugh to Carroll and upgrade ake to a starter, maybe britos or someone?

Holding might play one more game this season but that'll be it I'd say. Mustafi, Gabriel, Kosceilny and possibly Monreal ahead of him on the pecking order at CB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Working on wildcard and starting to lose my mind.

Currently looking at

Caballero - Pickford

Blind - Huth - Yoshida - Holgate - Ake

Hazard - Alli - Sane - Coutinho - King

Aguero - Benteke - Gabbiadini

Will be looking to get in Sanchez for his two double gameweeks and to triple captain him in 36 and then bench boost in 37.

Any opinions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

domrush wrote: »
    Holding might play one more game this season but that'll be it I'd say. Mustafi, Gabriel, Kosceilny and possibly Monreal ahead of him on the pecking order at CB

Yeah your probably right. I might go Pugh and ake to Carroll and britos or someone. That way at least I'll have someone to sub in if/when holding doesn't play. His price gives me more money elsewhere.

Cheers

No way Arsenal keep a clean sheet this weekend

Maybe. Maybe not. But if you're wildcarding this week I think you need Cech and 2 x Chelsea defence.

Maybe. Maybe not. But if you're wildcarding this week I think you need Cech and 2 x Chelsea defence.

You still haven't given any reason why? That's a huge chunk of budget to tie up 3 defensive spots. You can get a quite safe Arsenal defender for 4.8.

Chelsea haven't been able to buy a clean sheet and could take the foot further off the gas if the league is won, and will almost certainly rotate in defence for GW38. Not to mention the fact that many will want 2 Chelsea attacking spots.

If your gonna make, and then repeat, sweeping statements perhaps give some insight into your rationale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Sane or Alli out for Hazzard?
    Probably Sane....

Advertisement