Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Championship 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

How was he not off for shoving the physio???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Both have done all in their power to lose the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

mansize wrote: »
    How was he not off for shoving the physio???
    I disagree.

The physio is 100% at fault.

He is not a player he should be nowhere near the ball.

If he goes to interfere with the ball, he deserves everything he gets. Even if it's just a shove.

Penalty the right call, but the physio should be sent to the stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I disagree.

If he goes to interfere with the ball, he deserves everything he gets. Even if it's just a shove.

I agree in principle but you can't send the physio to the stand. Their role is too important to safety. Should be some sort of punishment though

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

cannot remove a medical person from the sideline. Time was off, for a scrum. Not like the physio was holding the game up

• Advertisement

I disagree.

Players can't take the law into their own hands tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

matthew8 wrote: »
    You massively exaggerate Ireland's negative tactics. I'm optimistic about the idea of Ireland winning one of the 2 games, given Schmidt's Ireland have only ever played NZ once and went extremely close to winning.

Did I mention negative?

I'd say at times conservative which is not the same thing.

You are going to have to score tries to win, in fairness you got 3 in 2013, so it can be done. Think the NZ team is better than the 2013 version and think Ireland 2016 is not as good as the 2013 team, though.

But we see maybe I eat lashings of humble pie.

A game strewn with errors

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

mansize wrote: »
    Players can't take the law into their own hands tbf
    It was a shove to be fair, nothing major, and as I said it was a penalty, but the physio put himself in that position by being a dick and trying to slow Phipps from getting the ball.

Yes the play was stopped, but the physio knew he was going to get under his skin.

His job was done, get off the pitch and if you want to play with a ball, play with it on the sideline.

If Phipps had pushed an Argies player and not the physio it would be a nothing incident.

It was a shove to be fair, nothing major, and as I said it was a penalty, but the physio put himself in that position by being a dick and trying to slow Phipps from getting the ball.

Yes the play was stopped, but the physio knew he was going to get under his skin.

His job was done, get off the pitch and if you want to play with a ball, play with it on the sideline.

If Phipps had pushed an Argies player and not the physio it would be a nothing incident.

He wasn't a player- that's the key point- he's a medic

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,296 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

So New Zealand, a team in transition, win 6 from 6 with try bonus points in every single game.

They're on a different level to everybody and we will be doing very well to get within 20 of them this autumn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Just break Barrett's legs. He's the reason they're doing so well.

Hagz wrote: »
    Just break Barrett's legs. He's the reason they're doing so well.

He'd still beat defenders if he ran on stumps...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

First highlights from the All Blacks game - enjoy their nine tries again and again....:D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    First highlights from the All Blacks game - enjoy their nine tries again and again....:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is there nobody in NZ who can place kick from the wing centre or full back? Apart from the decidedly mediocre Weepy I can't remember a non 10 kicking for them. I've seen Australians kick with every shirt number, even forwards. Well, one forward..

Barrett's dodgy kicking shouldn't have to be an issue (and it's not an issue when you score nine tries to nil). He must have as many points from tries as penalties at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Israel Dagg used to take a good amount of kicks for the Highlanders if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Basil3 wrote: »
    Say what?

Fair bit of unnoticed autocorrect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Legalfarmer89

Will Marika Koroibete be involved for Australia against Argentina? I was a big fan of his performances for Melbourne Storm in the NRL.

If they do its another poach by the Wallabies, he grew up in fiji playing rugby union before being tempted to play league in Austrailia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Looking forward to thw bledisloe cuo game this morning, fully expect the AB's to tank the wallabies here

• Advertisement

Dagg in already

Jesus the abs make the game look so easy!!

ALB in now

This could be very very embarrassing

Can't imagine Ireland will be this poor defensively.

Cheika permanently has a look of disbelief on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

A lack of composure and silly mistakes really costing Australia when they get into the 22.

Finally a bit of composure reaps the reward.

Can't be giving away tries like that to NZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

The AB's playing well within themselves, aren't out of second gear yet, and there's still a huge gulf in class.
    When they go thru the gears in the second half this could get very uncomfortable for the Aussie fans

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Oh Read won't want to see that again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Poor call. Don't think Owens wanted to go with that call.

Advertisement