Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Championship 2016

Options
  • 20-08-2016 4:37pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭

2016_R1.png

SA v Arg on now and what a try Arg just scored.

Certainly a try of year contender

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

South Africa manage to lose 10 nil while a man up. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭techdiver

South Africa as useless as they were against us. Puts our test result onto perspective.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I had a feeling NZ would absolutely walk this. No doubt about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I said it after the Wales series that this was coming, but even I thought the Aussies would put up a better fight. The All Blacks hardly got out of 2nd gear today with their effortless ball handling a joy to watch and the return fixture will be 'interesting'. What odds that the Aussies manage to perform as badly (or worse) again? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIlc8zwAV5A#action=share
    VIDEO: South Africa v Argentina highlights

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,296 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Very piecemeal aussie team named for the return fixture on Saturday.

The 10, 12 13 axis of copper, Foley, kerevi looks particularly flaky. Of course, it could turn pity to be brilliant, but I have my doubts.

I think foleau was very ineffectual from 15, and Haylet petite was a weak link at 11, yet they don't have much options as Reece Hodge comes in to make his debut from the bench.

Could be another long day for the aussies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I wonder if Cooper get as much grief from the kiwi crowd as he has in the past. It's been a while since he played a test in NZ AFAIR. I think they won't let up on him.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I wonder if Cooper get as much grief from the kiwi crowd as he has in the past. It's been a while since he played a test in NZ AFAIR. I think they won't let up on him.

How has Cooper been playing recently? I caught a shot of him in the crowd last weekend but I haven't heard much of him and I thought that his ship had sailed. Time to beg James O'Connor to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Coopers been at his erratic best this year I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Very piecemeal aussie team named for the return fixture on Saturday.

The 10, 12 13 axis of copper, Foley, kerevi looks particularly flaky. Of course, it could turn pity to be brilliant, but I have my doubts.

I think foleau was very ineffectual from 15, and Haylet petite was a weak link at 11, yet they don't have much options as Reece Hodge comes in to make his debut from the bench.

Could be another long day for the aussies

Dare I say it, but it's getting harder and harder to find sides to give NZ a proper run for their money, which is actually becoming a tad boring. The last time Australia beat NZ was August 2015, not too bad. The last time Australia beat NZ in NZ was 2001! Some of the winning percentages are ridiculous too (Wyatt Crockett 49 tests, win-rate 96%, Sam Cane 96%: 35 tests, 33 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss).

On current form, I would say England at Twickenham, SA on a (very) good day in SA, the Lions on a good day in NZ (even then not sure) are the main chances of defeat.

Of course, Cheika is the incumbent World Rugby coach of the year, so no doubt he'll have master plan up his sleeve...

Just my luck, Aussie will win in the weekend...but I doubt it: crap 2nd row, lack of a quality 8 (Pocock is a 7 not an 8), and Cooper/Foley/Kerevi is just asking for trouble.

• Advertisement

Perhaps Argentina will be the one side to give the boys a scare?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Perhaps Argentina will be the one side to give the boys a scare?

Argentina (like their SR side) can't finish there dinner, they seem to always lose tight games.

Without their european based props their very weak in the scrum. Petti is off to Toulon next year so he won't be playing for the national side making them weaker at 2nd row.

They could well lose all games in this campaign.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The NZL v AUS game is on that new Sky Sports Mix channel tomorrow morning, if you have it. On Virgin Media it's where Setanta Ireland was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Result...just banged on the tele and there's a new channel...sky sports mix and OZ NZ is on!! She's gone out and the kids are in bed...great start to the day.

Edit...should have read the post above!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

#PrayForAustraila

Does Cheika do anything other than the 'dropped-jaw-look-of-disbelief-headshake'?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Australia started with a lot of fight and aggression but looks to be blinding their ability to control their discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

That should be a YC

Poite called that in real time, why was he going upstairs now?

• Advertisement

Shocking by poite on the quick line out. Wasn't even watching.

Harsh enough on Coles too I thought. You see that clean out technique numerous times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

This will have a lot of TMO won't it...

Shocking by poite on the quick line out. Wasn't even watching.

Harsh enough on Coles too I thought. You see that clean out technique numerous times.

It was Peyper on touch who screwed up there. But the Coles call was right. It was a swinging arm. NZ ill discipline is keeping Oz in this more than they are themselves.

Some kick there. Had another 5-10m on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

What a kick!

God that was just utter stupidity

Brain dead and total dick move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Ye olde niggle worked in the 1970s. In the modern game you just get sent off.

All blacks just wait till ozzies go back to 15 to score :D

• Advertisement

One thing we've learned today is that NZs kicking game is quite poor. Even their ability under the high ball has looked a little suspect at times. Much as people won't want to hear it that is an area we can exploit.

Advertisement