Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Gming PC no OS

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

That's all true, and the same advice I'd give someone if they were trying to choose between the two. Completely irrelevant though, if like me you don't want a desktop.

It's like telling someone who wants to buy a motorbike "Sure cars are safer, easier to drive and will keep you dry in the rain." True, but they don't care; they're after a motorbike.

Indeed, which is why I said if you need to game on the go, there is only one option, a laptop, and if this is not a requirement, most would recommend a desktop.

To further your analogy, if somebody needs to commute daily in rush hour traffic across the city in the minimum time possible a motorbike is ideal. If not, most would recommend a car, particularly if its much cheaper, more versatile and better performance and lasts longer.

In addition, people might not be aware that a car is an option, or the difference in cost between them, and that it may be suitable for their needs after all.

At the end, these would be recommendations, the person can buy what they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Think your all missing the point that the kid is 10.
    The parent doesn't have a lot of tech knowledge..

The whole desktop vs laptop argument is just going to confuse them more.

OP, did you get sorted with Windows on the PC?

Advertisement