Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir contract break

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

I'd appreciate a copy of that letter too please? Thanks in advance...
    On the way,e mail me,and I'll attach a copy of mine,billydorney@gmail.com

On the way,il.com
    pm me

On the way,e mail me,and I'll at

On the way,e mail me,and I'll at

Get that pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Could I get a copy too please.

• Advertisement

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Could I get a copy too please.
    Sure email me,and I'll attach pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Got Vodaphone 150 Mb,e40,plus 2 months free,Vodafone salesman at door,so happy,18 month contract,stays at e40

Tried Vodafone there, and the sales team weren't budging on the 40 per month. So for me, it's looking like the following options at the moment:

- Stay with Eir - they've agreed to leave the price at €45 per month for 18 months and add €30 credit to my account. So 45*18 = 810 -30 = 780 per 18 months. Benefits are no hassle in switching over, and free BT Sport which I use occasionally. Negatives are it's a little more expensive.

- Switch to Vodafone - 40*18 = 720 per 18 months. Benefits are €60 cheaper over 18 months. Negatives are the hassle of switching, lose BT Sport and would be paying double at some short crossover stage while one is being cancelled and the other is set up.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Tried Vodafone there, and the sales team weren't budging on the 40 per month. So for me, it's looking like the following options at the moment:

- Stay with Eir - they've agreed to leave the price at €45 per month for 18 months and add €30 credit to my account. So 45*18 = 810 -30 = 780 per 18 months. Benefits are no hassle in switching over, and free BT Sport which I use occasionally. Negatives are it's a little more expensive.

- Switch to Vodafone - 40*18 = 720 per 18 months. Benefits are €60 cheaper over 18 months. Negatives are the hassle of switching, lose BT Sport and would be paying double at some short crossover stage while one is being cancelled and the other is set up.

Cost me nothing to leave,plus 150mb,

100mb is the fastest we can get here. Much of a muchness at this stage - might change to Vodafone, but would be a shame to lose BT Sports also. Called Sky and they said they can't provide broadband to our house, but they were also our last provider. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anonymous12

Sky fibre unlimited €35 a month for existing customers. 12 month contract. Can't go wrong.

• Advertisement

100mb is the fastest we can get here. Much of a muchness at this stage - might change to Vodafone, but would be a shame to lose BT Sports also. Called Sky and they said they can't provide broadband to our house, but they were also our last provider. Strange.
    Pity,this country is like an outpost in a part of Siberia,better speeds in parts of Mongolia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone have the 1800 number to ring that was on the letter? Can't find my letter!

Just to round this out - I stuck with Eir in the end. Rang back just now and signed back up for 18 months on the following deal:

- Was on 100mb Fibre only (no phone) at €45 per month. With new billing, this would have went up to €50 per month.
    - Renegotiated so that bill stays at €45 per month for 18 months, and €50 credit has been added to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anonymous12

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anyone have the 1800 number to ring that was on the letter? Can't find my letter!

1800 30 71 83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Thanks!

Best they'd do for me was a new 18 month contract at the same price of €45 a month! :rolleyes:

try vodaphone,e40@month,2 months fre(via door sales agent)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just as an update on this - be wary of these Eir clowns.

I cancelled within the break period and just got charged €230 for breaking the contract.
    Will take 4-6 weeks to get my money back!!

Keep an eye on yer accounts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

mik_da_man wrote:
    I cancelled within the break period and just got charged €230 for breaking the contract. Will take 4-6 weeks to get my money back!!

Contact your bank and ask to have the DD refunded.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Contact your bank and ask to have the DD refunded.

I was told that there was a charge of 12.95 for that...

Edit: Turns out there is no charge to me...

mik_da_man wrote: »

I cancelled within the break period and just got charged 230 for breaking the contract.

They are absolutely unbelievable,inept,crude,rude,tell lies,and basically treat their customers with derision,worst of all ,those in charge of the eir circus,dont care,,,,,p.s. I came across 2 decent ppl,from about 25/30 that dealt with me recently,they are a bad,sad joke,,wake up ppl , leave,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 pela222

They are absolutely unbelievable,inept,crude,rude,tell lies,and basically treat their customers with derision,worst of all ,those in charge of the eir circus,dont care,,,,,p.s. I came across 2 decent ppl,from about 25/30 that dealt with me recently,they are a bad,sad joke,,wake up ppl , leave,
    I have to agree. Wasters. Last rep I spoke with 2 weeks ago was telling me lies. She was trying to tell me that I need to pay early cease charge as I must have misunderstood eir agent and I was not eligible to cancel my contract. She was convincing me that I was never told I can leave my existing contract. At that stage I finished discussing it with her and made complaint. Next day received call from eir that my early cease charge will be removed from my closing bill and I don't owe them money. ****. I was 10 years with eircom / eir. They are telling you lies. I would not believe them in any special deal. All of you who are so happy with discounts and special offers received will be frustrated in 3 or 6 months time finding out that a bill is €70, €80 or higher... And as long as you have not recorded your conversation you will waste hours and hours on the phone trying to fix it... Same as I did in the last 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

mik_da_man wrote: »

I cancelled within the break period and just got charged €230 for breaking the contract.

Sepa dd return. Painless in just a few days assuming the dd was taken the last 8 weeks. See below for example the BOI form.

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/sepa-dd-refund-form-edits-v2.pdf

pela222 wrote: »
    I have to agree. Wasters. Last rep I spoke with 2 weeks ago was telling me lies. She was trying to tell me that I need to pay early cease charge as I must have misunderstood eir agent and I was not eligible to cancel my contract. She was convincing me that I was never told I can leave my existing contract. At that stage I finished discussing it with her and made complaint. Next day received call from eir that my early cease charge will be removed from my closing bill and I don't owe them money. ****. I was 10 years with eircom / eir. They are telling you lies. I would not believe them in any special deal. All of you who are so happy with discounts and special offers received will be frustrated in 3 or 6 months time finding out that a bill is 70, 80 or higher... And as long as you have not recorded your conversation you will waste hours and hours on the phone trying to fix it... Same as I did in the last 3 months.
    You can ask/receive all your calls to eir

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Anyone that left eir broadband and had free eir sports, did they cut off eir/ BTsports? Mine is still on and have left eir 3 months now.

Advertisement