Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir contract break

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

battser wrote: »
    Called the cancel hotline and since I am not patient enough I was happy enough when the magic discount was being put on my account to keep it at its current price. Im sure it could have been better if I wanted to go all the way.
    Pity you couldn't have stayed patient,worth it,but took me the guts of a week being mucked about ,passed from one c care person to another,all different answers etc,not impressed,one stint included me in the eir/meteor shop,on their phone for 90 minutes,had to get the assistant(who was brilliant)to phone another number to speak to someone in authority,really,bad,bad customer care,should be called, customer don't care,t here were 2 guys on eir live chat who were good,and got the ball rolling,s shiri,and John,and another guy Chris today,but the rest were rubbish,didnt know,or care.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Del007 wrote: »
    Is there anyone who's offering broadband only for cheaper than 45?

http://www.digiweb.ie/fibre-broadband/

€40 a month with off peak calls to landline and mobile (Ireland & UK) plus €50 activation fee

€50 a month with anytime calls to landline and mobile (Ireland & UK) no activation fee

Mylow wrote: »
    Is there anyone who's offering broadband only for cheaper than 45?

http://www.digiweb.ie/fibre-broadband/

40 a month with off peak calls to landline and mobile (Ireland & UK) plus 50 activation fee

50 a month with anytime calls to landline and mobile (Ireland & UK) no activation fee
    Vodafone is cheaper,faster

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pela222

If download limit of 50GB - 60GB is not an issue and you are in 4G area covarage you can consider moving to Mobile Meteor ( 100 once-off cost for huawai wifi modem + 29,99 on 6mth contract). After that you unlock modem and go to 3 network with pay as you go 15pm 60GB plan.
    Speed is better than ADSL broadband with eir/vodafone. I am getting ping 26ms / download 25mbps / upload 15+ mbps. Conection is stable and reliable. Played online for 2h on PS3.
    The only issue is download limit. Good think is you can order modem with sim online and if it doesnt work as you expect you have 14 days to send back.

pela222 wrote: »
    If download limit of 50GB - 60GB is not an issue and you are in 4G area covarage you can consider moving to Mobile Meteor ( 100 once-off cost for huawai wifi modem + 29,99 on 6mth contract). After that you unlock modem and go to 3 network with pay as you go 15pm 60GB plan.
    Speed is better than ADSL broadband with eir/vodafone. I am getting ping 26ms / download 25mbps / upload 15+ mbps. Conection is stable and reliable. Played online for 2h on PS3.
    The only issue is download limit. Good think is you can order modem with sim online and if it doesnt work as you expect you have 14 days to send back.
    If that suits yes,but for us we need unlimited download,and as we are in an area where we can get 150mb constant,via electric Ireland/Vodafone for e40,free modem,no connection fee,plus 2 months free ,then I couldn't turn this offer down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Just off the phone from Eircom bill was €53 pm
    Got €90 credit applied and bill is €53 till Dec then €45 but I have to ring again in Dec to get the €45

Next 2 bills almost covered
    Have phone and BB

soundsham wrote: »
    Just off the phone from Eircom bill was €53 pm
    Got €90 credit applied and bill is €53 till Dec then €45 but I have to ring again in Dec to get the €45

Have phone and BB
    Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pela222

soundsham wrote: »
    Just off the phone from Eircom bill was 53 pm
    Got 90 credit applied and bill is 53 till Dec then 45 but I have to ring again in Dec to get the 45

Have phone and BB
    Well done
    Unfortunately I will wait with well done till next few bills. My expirience is very poor with them. They tell u one think but then you are billed somthing else. I hope u will be as happy as you are now in next 3-6 months.

yes they can be hard to deal with at times,but God you should try 3 customer care,or id mobile customer care ,really ,really poor,unless 3 have changed within the last 4yrs it was terrible,meteor i found were best overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

I got a text from emobile today informing me that a discount I had on my mobile account 20e no longer applied. They have given me an opt out of my mobile contract without penalty. Like op I'm waiting on my unlock code so I can pick another provider or go sim only with them. Any good deals out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

Oh and op did you have any problem cancelling or did they try squeeze more money out of you before they'd let you go??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I got a text from emobile today informing me that a discount I had on my mobile account 20e no longer applied. They have given me an opt out of my mobile contract without penalty. Like op I'm waiting on my unlock code so I can pick another provider or go sim only with them. Any good deals out there?

there are comparison sites you can go to like this
    http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/

But the best way is to ring round all providers and see what they'll do for you.

I would avoid Eir. At all costs.

Vodafone have been ok to deal with so far for me, personally.

there are comparison sites you can go to like this
    http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/

But the best way is to ring round all providers and see what they'll do for you.

I would avoid Eir. At all costs.

Vodafone have been ok to deal with so far for me, personally.

Took eir 5 days,with lots of contact from me to give me the unlocking code,looking at Tesco,stay away from id mobile,disasterrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Vodafone are 40 for 6 months and then 55 after that, not much of a difference really

Vodafone Simply Broadband is 40 pm, that's it, no increase after 6 months.

Vodafone Lightspeed broadband jumps to 55 yes, but that is FTTH, available in few towns.

Geuze wrote: »
    Vodafone Simply Broadband is 40 pm, that's it, no increase after 6 months.

Vodafone Lightspeed broadband jumps to 55 yes, but that is FTTH, available in few towns.

Yep, I signed up to this after Eir tried to charge me 50 for the same service that Vodafone do for 40.

It''s the same line, same speed. Same everything except its cheaper and you don't have to deal with Eir anymore.

Win-Win.

Eir treat their customers like crap so why stay with them and spend more for the "privilege"

Yep, I signed up to this after Eir tried to charge me 50 for the same service that Vodafone do for 40.

It''s the same line, same speed. Same everything except its cheaper and you don't have to deal with Eir anymore.

Win-Win.

Got Vodaphone 150 Mb,e40,plus 2 months free,Vodafone salesman at door,so happy,18 month contract,stays at e40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Does this apply to meteor customers too

massy086 wrote: »
    Does this apply to meteor customers too

No,only eir customers who got letter notifying them of price increase

Got Vodaphone 150 Mb,e40,plus 2 months free,Vodafone salesman at door,so happy,18 month contract,stays at e40

Sweet! 2 months free? That's a great deal man, fair play.

Same deal with Vodafone myself but without the 2 free months.
    Still way cheaper than Eir.

You can tell how good a company is by how they treat their customers when they've got a problem or when they're leaving.
    And Eir were awful in both regards.
    Any problems, they pass you from Billy to Jack.
    And when you're leaving they try all sorts of nonsense but just stand firm and they eventually give up.

They'd give BOI a run for their money as the most horrible company in the country to do business with.

Sweet! 2 months free? That's a great deal man, fair play.

Same deal with Vodafone myself but without the 2 free months.
    Still way cheaper than Eir.

You can tell how good a company is by how they treat their customers when they've got a problem or when they're leaving.
    And Eir were awful in both regards.
    Any problems, they pass you from Billy to Jack.
    And when you're leaving they try all sorts of nonsense but just stand firm and they eventually give up.

They'd give BOI a run for their money as the most horrible company in the country to do business with.
    Agree fully with you,but u should try I'd mobile customer care,,,,eir are angels in comparison,good luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Took eir 5 days,with lots of contact from me to give me the unlocking code,looking at Tesco,stay away from id mobile,disasterrrrrr

I did the same , got the letter . Had Tv , broadband and 2 mobile s (iPhones) signed contract in November. Moved to Tesco mobile, going to save a fortune, best of luck with your deal

castle2012 wrote: »

I did the same , got the letter . Had Tv , broadband and 2 mobile s (iPhones) signed contract in November. Moved to Tesco mobile, going to save a fortune, best of luck with your deal
    Great move boy,same to you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Has anyone got a pic of the letter?

I must have received it but can't find it, but my bill has gone up, also anyone have the hotline number.... Can't face 1901…

I have been trying to get away from eir for 2 months, this would make things much easier.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a pic of the letter?

I must have received it but can't find it, but my bill has gone up, also anyone have the hotline number.... Can't face 1901…

I have been trying to get away from eir for 2 months, this would make things much easier.
    At work,ill email u my copy after 6,that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

At work,ill email u my copy after 6,that ok?

I would really appreciate that!!!!!! Thank you!

Pm me an email address

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Im paying 83 pm for basic TV Broadband and Phone (fixed line - needed) on Eir. There is no contract.

Any suggestions about doing better. Seems excessive going by thread here.

Would it be worthwhile splitting the phone from tv and broadband.

Thanks.

Free to air,plus saor view,plus a decent android box,(needs a half decent broadband)you'll see significant savings,,,p.m. me if u want details

Sent u pic of letter,get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anonymous12

I'd appreciate a copy of that letter too please? Thanks in advance...

Advertisement