Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby on Board Badge.

Options
13»

Comments

FTA69 wrote:
    2) If you're an able bodied male and you refuse to offer a seat to someone in a delicate condition because you're in a huff over a badge or whatever you deserve a kick in the face for being a f*cking d*ckhead.

Same goes for able bodied females?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Same goes for able bodied females?

Yeah but if you're a fella you should be getting up first to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

FTA69 wrote: »
    Yeah but if you're a fella you should be getting up first to offer.

Don't think the feminists would stand for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

kneemos wrote: »
    Don't think the feminists would stand for that.

Of course they wouldn't.

They'd be too busy sitting in the seat you've just given up.

Boom tish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

orubiru wrote: »
    Hahahaha. It was a joke.

Jeez, I thought putting a smiley face in there :) would have been enough to signify "I'm just joking here lads".

So, why don't you dry your angry tears and get over it.

Poe's law. Chill. Have a tissue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

I think people that turn a blind eye to a standing pregnant woman are disgusting. I say people because gender doesnt matter. How some people can tinker with a phone while a woman struggles to get comfortable is beyond me. I realise that some women don't look obviously pregnant, and especially in early stages. I have children myself, and from start to finish the pregnancies are like an assault on your body. Whether it's the sickness, swollen limbs and in my case I suffered from an issue whereby the weight of the baby separates your pelvis. It was agony. I'm not leaving this open to debate as to whether I should have have had children. The comments in that article are foul. Obviously trolling, but imagine the kind of person that says 'she shouldn't have spread her legs'.

A not obviously pregnant woman would only have to tap me on the shoulder and explain she was pregnant or feeling poorly. As soon as I clock someone elderly or pregnant I'd be up on my toes. I do despair for the future sometimes. All manners and common decency appears to have gone out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Wigglepuppy

I had a read through the thread again and I can't see any posts about how women should not spread their legs and it's their choice to get pregnant? Just the one about the taxi, which was obviously a joke I thought.

The one about how there will be a bunch of women using the badge to pretend they are pregnant is probably just maggot-acting too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I would always give my seat to someone who seems to be struggling, is pregnant or elderly. I might not notice it straight away and if someone asked me for a seat I would give it up straight away, no questions asked. I think only scum would do the opposite (and those being sick themselves).

That being said I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that badge. And also why these articles always create impression pregnant women are barely alive for nine months? I am complete wuss and I found pregnancy pregnancy perfectly manageable and I doubt I'm the only one.

I had a read through the thread again and I can't see any posts about how women should not spread their legs and it's their choice to get pregnant?

The op posted an article, read that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Wigglepuppy

Estrellita wrote: »
    The op posted an article, read that.
    Sorry Estrellita, I wasn't directing that at you specifically - I just saw a few people posting about the comments to this thread, which don't seem to be as bad overall as made out, bar a few silly ones.

• Advertisement

Sorry Estrellita, I wasn't directing that at you specifically - I just saw a few people posting about the comments to this thread, which don't seem to be as bad overall as made out, bar a few silly ones.

It's fine Wiggle. That comment I was talking about was a troll comment about legs being spread. some people have nothing better to do other than wind others up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Anything is better than a "little princess on board" sticker.

It usually means "little skanger on board". Like the playboy stickers in a car mean "ugly skanger with bleach blonde hair"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

looksee wrote: »
    If you had read the article you would know that the whole point is that it absolutely is not possible to always tell when a woman is pregnant.

Last baby we had (4 months ago) The missus and myself rock up to the coombe hospital reception, she tells them she's in labour and wants to check in, the girl behind the counter looks her up and down and says "are you even pregnant"? - so no, it's not always all that easy to tell even right at the very end!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I had a read through the thread again and I can't see any posts about how women should not spread their legs and it's their choice to get pregnant? Just the one about the taxi, which was obviously a joke I thought.

The one about how there will be a bunch of women using the badge to pretend they are pregnant is probably just maggot-acting too!

May be me you're talking about there :P I have referred to it, but both times I did, I said in brackets that I was quoting from the article.

That sort of thing though does make it harder to see when people discussing it are being sarcastic versus meaning it.

Advertisement