Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League thread 2016/17

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

My God lads, I have to admit I've welled up when I read that just now. I had good craic with him when he won the inaugural Premier league beating me into second.
    There's no words but I'd just like to log my condolences if such a thing is worth anything. :( RIP buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

It's getting very interesting in the relegation battle.
    I'm six points ahead of thunderdog with two games to go and my next game is against...thunderdog.
    Win or a draw and I am safe, lose and it may go down to goal difference.

Hopefully you win because that means I'm safe. I'm 1 pt behind you.

Consider yourself saved !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Consider yourself saved !

Just checked it .Cheers pal the only joy I've got out of this game in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Just checked it .Cheers pal the only joy I've got out of this game in months.

Good job on the win-thats me relegated to the championship-my plan is to set up a work league next year to get a bit of competitiveness going and get my ranking up to a decent level. The last time I had a good ranking (2-10k) was when myself and Iroced (both doing phds under the same supervisor at the time), were in a 1-1 league together. Monday was spent discussing the weekend results in depth (much to the demise of our third female counterpart!) and then all of Friday setting up our teams for the week. Needless to say it took us ages to actually finish our phds but we got quite good at fantasy football at the time! Time well spent if you ask me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I was all set for a win this week until Harry Kane scored another two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I took a hell of a pasting too. With the hounds circling behind me, I'm in a game that I'd see myself as narrow underdog for. To be ahead for so much of the season and lose it on the last day would sting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CSF wrote: »
    I took a hell of a pasting too. With the hounds circling behind me, I'm in a game that I'd see myself as narrow underdog for. To be ahead for so much of the season and lose it on the last day would sting.

It will be both epic and spectacular if you lose this on the last day...to me especially!!!!

dahat wrote: »
    It will be both epic and spectacular if you lose this on the last day...to me especially!!!!
    I am so unfollowing you on Twitter </3:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think being in with an outside chance in this on the last day is achievement enough for me.

Good luck all. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

thunderdog wrote: »
    Good job on the win-thats me relegated to the championship-my plan is to set up a work league next year to get a bit of competitiveness going and get my ranking up to a decent level. The last time I had a good ranking (2-10k) was when myself and Iroced (both doing phds under the same supervisor at the time), were in a 1-1 league together. Monday was spent discussing the weekend results in depth (much to the demise of our third female counterpart!) and then all of Friday setting up our teams for the week. Needless to say it took us ages to actually finish our phds but we got quite good at fantasy football at the time! Time well spent if you ask me ;)
    Yeah. Good old times :D! The TCD Physcis League was also great craic and good motivation for us.
    I did have a good season afterwards and may get a good one this year but the lack of real-life interactions about the game makes the interest wane a bit.

Pity you go down. At least, that'll give you something to fight for next year ;). Though, with H2H leagues you could win the bloody game and get relegated :p.

• Advertisement

CSF could you please clarify the rules regarding the relegation places again as a lot of people are asking ?

With neither Zarquon or me finishing in the bottom three do five teams automatically get promoted from the Championship or can one of the bottom three stay up if they get more points than the fourth or fifth team in the Championship?

First reserve will be the person with the higher points of 18th in FSA Premier and 4th in Championship. Second reserve will be whichever is the lower.

Third reserve will be the same between 5th and 19th and so on.

Mmmmmmmmm

Winner winner chicken dinner???

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mmmmmmmmm

Congrats, you're the best of the best this season. :)

Poor CSF must have gone to the bar to drown his sorrows.

Congrats buddy. Well deserved.

Congrats buddy. Well deserved.

Thanks, still feel a bit guilty though.

Came with a very late rattle to nick it plus after a promotion last year I'm pretty chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mmmmmmmmm

Congrats your in good company having the title on your FF CV.

Congrats dahat!

Congrats Dahat. Condolences CSF.

A personal best 3rd place myself.

And having the second highest overall rank in this company is also a nice achievement.

Well played all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

stefano-pirazzi-giro-2014-2017-bardiani-dopage-positif.jpg

Well done dahat, it doesn't get any better than this without a wad of cash to show for it.

For next year we have:

Dahat
    CSF
    FHFC
    Lemlin
    Who_8_Paul?
    Dearg81
    Iroced
    Swiper The Fox
    Boots234
    KevIRL
    Tom_k
    Iago
    Ronan.h
    Greensausage
    Sooner or Later
    Iused2likebusts
    Benimar
    GLaDOS
    Itsnotmyfault
    AdpRo

1st in backups will be Thunderdog, Hogey007, Dónal, Jeju, GillespieRoad.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Good to be back in the big time ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

How bout naming the PL after Zarquon next season and thereafter

Season 2017/18 as regining champion will be a tough one, hope I don't collapse like Leicester.

I'm for that if people think it's appropriate.

I'm for that if people think it's appropriate.

It's a big yes from me.

As the inaugural champion it couldn't be more appropriate.

• Advertisement

I would like to officially announce my retirement.
    It's been an absolute blast but it's time to move on and relinquish my spot.
    Glad to see it means thunderdog will survive.
    Have fun guys!

Advertisement