Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would Ireland be like with just Irish People in it?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

wakka12 wrote: »
    Mediterrean people are not very dark, hardly noticeably darker than average here. And if this med ancestor was any more than two generations past (as in, theyre not in your extended fam) then their DNA's effect on your skin tone would be negligible

They are certainly darker than us but probably just a weather thing except for a tyle of Spaniard that appear have natural skin similar to mulattos in the Americas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

fryup wrote: »
    no, 1994 .....that was the year before the celtic tiger started

this country was great in the celtic tiger times ... its still is good, but it was better - people spending money, having the illusion that everyone was richer , people going to the bank and not being turned down for a loan - made people a lot happier (at the time) - and I think even the sun shone more in the celtic tiger times ... now it just rains all the time, even the summers are ****e now and people are working their arses off now to pay back their loans and tired and miserable and tetchy! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

BabyE wrote: »
    They are certainly darker than us but probably just a weather thing except for a tyle of Spaniard that appear have natural skin similar to mulattos in the Americas.

And the Sicilians...

Sorry, any excuse. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

BabyE wrote: »
    I always assumed because of my complexion and my dad that we MUST have some Med blood, but then I heard that the reason for random Irish people being darker than the norm comes from the natives who would have been a lot darker than the majority of the population are now. I'm not so sure how true that is, or even where I read that, might have just been a theory, rather than anything concrete.

Spanish Armada ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,808 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

:D

But religion would still be dying out the same rate as it already is in Ireland - its called modernisation, its not called "Religion/Catholics are dying out because foreigners have moved and settled in Ireland" - it could be called, "when these auld wans die, religion will die bit by bit because the younger generation dont go to church these days" :)

If there was no scandals, there would be a steady decline in mass attendances/vocations etc, but with all the stuff that has come out in last 30 years the whole shebang has nose-dived.
    Maybe the Polish or African communities could bolster up figures, but the flight of Irish from the RCC is just too great imho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Uglier. It would be uglier

LordSutch wrote: »
    Spanish Armada ?

I thought one of the celtic tribes that settled in Ireland came originally from down near Spain? Dunno where I heard that but I was sure it was a fairly common belief.

Advertisement