Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ton of info released.

My Park After Dark. Night Version of My Park with DJ, crowd and special effects. My Park has new match making so noobs won't be put into the same server as vets unless invited. This is huge as it wrecked My Park for me last year. Playing against 7ft 99's who played career on lowest difficulty to unlock badges and level up quick was a complete bollix as they were unstoppable.

My Park will now have dunk contests and 3pt shootouts.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k17/b/playstation4/archive/2016/09/02/89-things-we-know-about-nba-2k17.aspx

Was badly needed, mypark is my favourite 2k mode but I found it seriously stale last year. I wonder will the progression system be changed aswell? Getting past the 3rd tier rank literally takes months unless you are flat out and playing with a squad most of the time. Also a bug that still hasn't been fixed where you get stuck on one of the courts for a minute or two between games greatly tested my patience.

Have played as pg for the last 4 years and had considered changing positions but the new stealing mechanic might just sway me to stay at it. This is the most excited ive got for an annual release title in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp the levelling up in My Park was awful, takes way too long. Since the mode was introduced, i never made it high enough to even visit other parks. I love the idea of the mode but i shouldn't have to wait so long for an online game in this day and age. Should be an option to auto join an open game in another server if one becomes available. Too much waiting around only to play with guys who try to layup over 3 bigmen constantly and wreck the game. Zilch xp and another long wait for the next match.

Definitely sticking with PG this year. Think I'll stick with the Playmaker roll as i like drives and the sharpshooter sounds like he will be crap on the inside this year.

Also the Prelude that's out in a weeks time, you have 4 college games to get your draft stock up and only 1 go at it. They didn't want people to just keep replaying it as everyone would have really high draft by the end of the week. If you're not happy with it, you can pay through college again when full game releases. Very interesting concept.

Whatever about all the tackies they have in the game, the 3 way alley oop at 11 seconds was class. Gonna see a lot of that in The Park this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Argos have a pre order bonus on the standard game if I am not mistaken, seen it on the flyer yesterday.

The one thing about the preorder bonus is that it releases on the Friday 16th instead of the following tuesday. Id imagine shops in Ireland will busy be selling it on friday whether you have it preordered or not but something to look out for. You can't preorder with argos here so worth checking the release date.

• Advertisement

Trophy\cheevo info. Some career story info in case you want to avoid.

http://pstrophies.pl/ps4/nba-2k17/trophies

The one thing about the preorder bonus is that it releases on the Friday 16th instead of the following tuesday. Id imagine shops in Ireland will busy be selling it on friday whether you have it preordered or not but something to look out for. You can't preorder with argos here so worth checking the release date.

I thought you had the dates wrong there and had to double check.

Was sure it was the 12th and 16th... Aww well.

I got it in Smyths last year by ordering online, they didn't have it on the shelves but you could pre order and go straight to collect.

That is going to be around e65 so unless Argos have a deal I'll probably just buy it digitally from wherever is cheapest.

Are Smyths doing the 3 different versions or just the vanilla standard jobbie.....?

Just preordered the basic version on psn. Couldn't be bothered with the other versions as I've zero interest in Kobe gear and the extra VC isn't worth the extra cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Just preordered the basic version on psn. Couldn't be bothered with the other versions as I've zero interest in Kobe gear and the extra VC isn't worth the extra cash.
    Im in the same boat, not going to pre-order just going to grab the aul vanilla download when it comes out, will have to convince my brother to go half as I only have the console on the weekends as Ive started Uni again

• Advertisement

Career trailer, cheesy but I'm liking the look of it. Michael B Jordan seems to do a nice acting job at least.

The Prelude can be downloaded 5am Friday morning (midnight est).

Cant wait for this now, even though I am not great at it I just love it. I find the moves hard to phase together so I more or less do the same thing every game but it works I average about 20-30 pts a game so it all good. In 2K16 I am on the Thunders with Durrant and Westbrook so we are the 3 amigos.

Also I think I will make a C this time around or a PF as I love to shoot inside.

Everybody always makes a PG, gonna mix it up yo!

Official app is now live in android on ios. search for 'mynba2k17'.

Link below has updates with server connectivity. Seems to be a bit glitchy atm to do the whole face scan and link to game account.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/889342-nba-2k17-face-scan-app-mynba2k17-available-now-android-ios-devices.html

The Prelude is up for download, 15gb. Can't wait to give it a lash later.

Wonda, fair play going with a bigman. I've been tempted to try something new but have too much fun/success as Playmaker PG. will be going the same this year.

The Prelude is up for download, 15gb. Can't wait to give it a lash later.

Wonda, fair play going with a bigman. I've been tempted to try something new but have too much fun/success as Playmaker PG. will be going the same this year.

Have it downloading now, has achievements / trophies too surprisingly.

Can you only DL the prelude if you have pre-ordered from PSN?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Can you only DL the prelude if you have pre-ordered from PSN?

Nope it's free to everyone.

Nba 2k always had great commentary but they really stepped it up a gear. This is well worth a watch, especially for the bit at the end :pac:

• Advertisement

Zero can you only get access to the USA Dream team if you pre order?

Zero can you only get access to the USA Dream team if you pre order?

I'm not sure man, haven't seen any info about if you can unlock them in the game or if they will be paid dlc.

Face scan app is a disaster at the moment. Tried it about 6 times (with a 23mp rear camera on phone so its perfect pics) so I am hoping its a tad buggy so early in launch, but if its released it really should work as it only reflects bad on the game which is a real shame.

Yeah spent way too much time on face scan last night before finally giving up. I read that getting someone to use front facing cam gives much better results. I only tried rear facing so far and all results failed. Uploaded images but couldn't generate a face in game.

I read this morning that if you can lie down on a flat surface and hold the phone over your face, it works much better. A guy posted on operation sports that he did this and posted the result, such a realistic pic, so will try that later.

Only got 1 game in last night. Chose the Hoyas, wrecked shop and moved stock up to lottery pick. Wish i could see my stats though.

Feels different to last year, in a good way. Much more free flowing. The 2k U training mode is shyte, not that i need it but i never find tutorials mid game good. They should have set pieces showing you how to play different aspects. Playing a game and having pop ups isn't great imo.

While it does feel similar there are some nice little touches like snappier passes and tighter blocking.

Shame they made the cut scenes unavoidable, makes playing it on a second account unappealing.

I prob should have used a PG for this as its hard to "stat" as a PF without plays unless you try play point.
    Was getting a high team mate grade but stock stayed middle and the quotes were always negative.

Might take Friday off if I can get this earlier off the India store and make a night of it Thursday.

I am not great at the game but I got lottery pick, does this mean I have potential and might come good but its hit and miss OR I am that good I am worth millions lol.

I chose the SPARTANS the mascot and outfits are kool but I do like Georgetowns AIR JORDAN gear.

Either way gonna pre order this on PSN to get the bonus VC and early access but I would prefer the hard copy but get no bonus or early play if I wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ball handling expert Thierry Henry is in the game

jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This is really annoying. I can't install the new app for love nor money. I must have tried 10 times now on a 120Mb connection and on 4G. It downloads very slowly and stops with an error.

One or twice it did complete the download, only to give me an error saying it can't be installed.

Just tried the app again and it worked perfectly, the face scan was only average but it worked and its AMAZING the likeness. Even my missus said it was unbelievable the detail, everything little blemishes and freckles the lot.......well impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Just tried the app again and it worked perfectly, the face scan was only average but it worked and its AMAZING the likeness. Even my missus said it was unbelievable the detail, everything little blemishes and freckles the lot.......well impressed.
    Well feck you, Ive been trying for hours, I gave up now, aint got time for it

Advertisement